one vs one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one vs one

every time i come on a one vs one i always seem to be the one dying, i know its all to do with movement crouching, jumping etc. the only way i get higher kills then my deaths is being a sniper wen ff is off and laying claymores (nooby:|: )...ye i can sniper too but it gets boring.:hmm:

i really want to be a medic, its just switching between weps and my control settings that i believe will solve my problem, crouch i nva use, purely because its not in reach, also with weapon switching, the number keys, you have to look down to see wat number is wat, atm i use the scroll wheel on my mouse but that takes time, i was just wondering if you could give tips and tell me wat controls you have set for wat, i really wanna become good but im tired of dying all the time.

o i have also got a extra button on the side of my mouse but for some reason it wont let me set it to anything, it does work, i've got it set up for another game...any idea's why it wont work?:dead:

thanks alot for your help

Re: one vs one

Make sure all your buttons are within easy reach and you familiarise yourself with them.

A mouse with a few extra buttons helps

Keep using one weapon until you get good with it, too many people pick, say medic, get killed a couple of times then switch, get killed again then switch etc etc.

Practise

Comment

Prone = Z
      Med pack = 1
      Shock paddles = 2
      Main gun / switch fire modes = 3
      Pistol = Middle mouse
      Caps lock = crouch

If you go into the control file (guide somewhere) you can disable capslock to bring up the scorecard / squad list (w/e it was i forget) and then reset it as something else. Having crouch as capslock makes it alot easier to spam / hit fast etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
        Prone = Z
        Med pack = 1
        Shock paddles = 2
        Pistol = Middle mouse
        Caps lock = crouch

If you go into the control file (guide somewhere) you can disable capslock to bring up the scorecard / squad list (w/e it was i forget) and then reset it as something else. Having crouch as capslock makes it alot easier to spam / hit fast etc.
        thanks, ill try that

Comment

use the AK101 for medic. i win just about 95% of allmy 1v1 owith that gun. plus, i would go prone rahter than crouch. and also..just get use the the keys. u sound like someone who is new to FPS gaming on the PC. its sortof like typing without looking at the keyboard. i play with defaultsettings but i can switch between my rifle and med pack easily

Comment

Originally posted by One_Duty
            thanks, ill try that
            Set Prone to R, and move reload to the mouse button (middle mouse or the side button).

You really have to bypass the delays they put in. In other words, when you're proning, ALWAYS stick a crouch in there (as in, hit the ground while crouched), it'll remove the delay and you'll be able to shoot instantly. Likewise, don't jump out of proning, crouch then jump, you'll be able to shoot more or less instantly.

Bind crouch to caps-lock if you can't reach, as said. If you can't reach CTRL, your hand positioning is wrong in any case (unless you have very small hands).

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
              Prone = Z
              Med pack = 1
              Shock paddles = 2
              Pistol = Middle mouse
              Caps lock = crouch

Oh your idea of controls are great, help a lot, thanks!

The kits, squad window, which is under caps-lock you can normally disable in control window in BF

Comment

Originally posted by CreativePL View Post
                Oh your idea of controls are great, help a lot, thanks!

Where I can find that guide to disable capslock- kits, squads window?
                Find the line:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GILeader IDFKeyboard IDKey_Capital 10000 0

And just stick "rem " in front of it. Or change the key binding.

Comment

right shift- jump
                  back slash- sprint
                  enter- enter vehicle
                  right ctrl- prone
                  the one next to it- crouch
                  cursor keys- forward, backwards, strafe left, strafe right

Comment

X to prone
                    F to main weapon

The default keys are great, if you have a piano players fingers. Ive got no issues with reaching even keys 6,7 without losing control. Standard keyboard.

The default setup is fine, just that you need to get those keys under your hand. Z is just bad for proning.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                      Find the line:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GILeader IDFKeyboard IDKey_Capital 10000 0

And just stick "rem " in front of it. Or change the key binding.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...20&tid=1671636
                      i didnt need to change any folder settings to get caps lock as crouch lol, i've got "grave" button as spawn point now, feels alot better, thx for the help guys

ima just gunna pratice, i think its just the kits that the other person has at some points, like medic vs support, its obvious that they would win in some cases

Comment

Crouch = Left Control
                        Prone = Left Alt
                        Sprint = Left Shift
                        Knife = X
                        Pistol = 5th mouse button
                        Nades = F
                        Ammo/Medic bags/Mines = Z
                        Paddles/Wrench = key left of Z
                        Parachute = B

Everything else default. C and V I use for night vision and gasmask in SF. Y for Com. Channel to commander.

Works for me having all the keys close together so I can use little finger and thumb simulataniously as the WASD keys with my three other fingers. I don't have nibble, long fingered, piano hands.

Comment

Another option to consider is a Nostromo Gamepad... check this link:

A very nice product that allows you set up your keys the way you want plus with the wrist support that cuts down on soreness and it saves some wear and tear on your keyboard. I use this for all my games...

Comment

I don't like the monstrumo gamepad.

Comment

Using the M249 works pretty well, it replicates the " enemy dead on sight" of CSS.

Comment

Working...
                              X