Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COD4 gets a full 2 page spread in this months G.I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 gets a full 2 page spread in this months G.I.

*GI=game informer magazine

I just got the latest GI, and it appears there is a full 2 page spread about the multiplayer of COD4...just thought ya'll should know...
    ===
    EDit
    ===
    COD4 review from GI

Unlimited COD4 from GI(must be a subscriber or have a gamespot card to acess)
    video interviess
    GI tips
    Interview with todd [something] about the multiplayer

hmm dont know if its a 10/10 but its an 8/10. Why 1.the rank system is waaayy to fast i got level 55 in 19 hours. 19 hours in bf2 will hardly get you to Staff Sergeant. point 2 the maps are to small. point 3 having an airstrike or chopper on such small maps is just a JOKE. Dont get me wrong i love cod4 but this is what gets me hate it some times

Comment

Who cares about the rank system, it was supposed to be quick in getting the unlocks and ranking up. Plus the mod tools are out, so expect bigger maps. Why don't you give mapping a try?

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
        Who cares about the rank system, it was supposed to be quick in getting the unlocks and ranking up. Plus the mod tools are out, so expect bigger maps. Why don't you give mapping a try?
        a lot of ppl care about the ranks believe me the game would have been so addictiv if the rank system would not go up so fast. It just would suck you up in the game.
        :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
          a lot of ppl care about the ranks believe me the game would have been so addictiv if the rank system would not go up so fast. It just would suck you up in the game.
          :nod:
          You know BF2 was fun the first year and a half for me. Then I started to see all the BS with EA and DICE trying to fix their mistakes with patches. Then you come across stat-padders. Now when you talk about the ranking system is just to quick, I don't really care about a ranking system. This weeds out all those damn people that like to find someone that wants to knife each other 30 times in a round to get a badge or a ribbon. I prefer if the ranking system stays where it is for that reason. So when you boo-hoo about the ranking system, just go back to bf2 if you don't like COD4. IMO.

Comment

I think ranking has been debated many times, but IW managed to be clever and find the best compromise to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_Black View Post
              You know BF2 was fun the first year and a half for me. Then I started to see all the BS with EA and DICE trying to fix their mistakes with patches. Then you come across stat-padders. Now when you talk about the ranking system is just to quick, I don't really care about a ranking system. This weeds out all those damn people that like to find someone that wants to knife each other 30 times in a round to get a badge or a ribbon. I prefer if the ranking system stays where it is for that reason. So when you boo-hoo about the ranking system, just go back to bf2 if you don't like COD4. IMO.
              i m not boo hooing about enything i gust sugest that it would be more interesting. Now what you see if you look at the scoreboard in the game is that everyone is 55

Comment

*For those who love ranking, they implemented the Prestige mode (at least in 360)

*For those who could care less about it, the ranks go up fast.

Battlefield required dedication to rank up to the higher ranks - and it did show the skill of the player more than CoD4 ranks do - but I think IW was aiming for a more casual playing style/time in comparison to BF2.

Everybody is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
                  i m not boo hooing about enything i gust sugest that it would be more interesting. Now what you see if you look at the scoreboard in the game is that everyone is 55
                  Yeah, well, the first two CoDs didn't have a rank system and they were fun...

Comment

having a complex rank system that awards certain feats just makes statpadding and stat whoring a huge problem. if round victories and losses were recorded there would be a **** load of team jumping like there was in the BF series and in world in conflict.

Comment

The ranking system in BF2 (even if unintentionally) largely discouraged custom servers/mods.

The COD4 ranking system isn't as harsh, and will likely better bridge the two worlds of ranked vs custom servers.

Comment

Working...
                      X