Your Custom Clases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonicPixel
    I use Steady Aim with my M16 loadout because it allows for me to move around a lot while firing. I'm not sure why you don't like it, but it has worked with great effect for me!
    I just can't give up my deep impact with the M16, so I have gotten used to using my USP for close up stuff. M16 is pretty much my only class that doesn't have steady aim though, because I'm usually the run and gun type.

Comment

Interesting setups.

This is my favourite class/weapon of the week

"Crappy-Sniper":

M14/ACOG
      Gold Desert Eagle
      Frag/Flashbang

Bandollier
      Stopping Power
      Steady Aim

The M14 owns... i begun to use it intensivelly this week... got the three shooter and Expert I challenge with it... with ACOG the friggin thing owns, almost like an Sniper Rifle. With Stopping Power, one shot/one kill in Hardcore, less shots on normal. I love countersnipe with it... yesterday was a good day for headshotting with the Red Dot. Today i've made Shooter III and i'm using the ACOG. Pretty good results, lotsa headshots.

And this is my other fav of the "month":

"Cansino" in spanish, in english... maybe "whinner":

AKSU-74(digicamo)/red dot sight
      1911 w/silencer
      Frag/flashbang

Bandollier
      Stopping Power
      Dead Silence

Rips people apart on medium/cqc combat :nod:
      Trying to get the blue tiger camo for it.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder
        Well maybe you shouldn't, an M4 with steady aim can accurately fire across the map from the hip.

Just because it's a low rank perk, doesn't mean it sucks. in fact, most of the best perks are ones you get early on.
        I didn't say it sucks, but rather that there are more advantageous perks available to intelligent players. I'd prefer not having to expand on this post and instead let people read between the lines...

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
          Unless you're a sniper with Iron Lungs, the only two perks I find of any worth in the last set are Deep Impact and Dead Silence. I lulz at people who use Steady Aim after reaching the "silver" ranks.
          I have steady aim on pretty much all of my kits, except for shotty with deep impact. Has served me well. I dont fancy doing CQC moves with iron sights, and I respect my ability to knock people off 30 metres away while shooting from the hip.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
            I have steady aim on pretty much all of my kits, except for shotty with deep impact. Has served me well. I dont fancy doing CQC moves with iron sights, and I respect my ability to knock people off 30 metres away while shooting from the hip.
            I'm sure it works, just saying there are better perks out there if you know how to balance your kits for miscellaneous purposes.

Comment

I didn't say it sucks, but rather that there are more advantageous perks available to intelligent players. I'd prefer not having to expand on this post and instead let people read between the lines...
              Originally posted by Sloi
              I'm sure it works, just saying there are better perks out there if you know how to balance your kits for miscellaneous purposes.
              I'm quite sure that what I'm reading between the lines is that you are sure that your perk selections are more "intelligent" than other folk's selections.

Really? Tell us why you think that your loadout is superior please.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                Butt*****.

I dont have a single class, which is specifically suited for long range engagements. I find long range engagements to be simply... unreliable. Ive got a class with M203, and I find this to be far better, than a red dot sight.

As such, I want to keep my weapons as versatile as possible. When Im picking an assault rifle, Ill turn it into an SMG with reduced bullet spread. Dead Silence is of no use to me, if I switch between mobility and camping, with a purpose. And Im not playing Hardcore servers either. You can find me at servers with 16+ people. S&D mostly.

Lets take my main kit for example. The bread and butter. M4A1 + Glauncher, for maps like Crash.

Its a powerhouse kit, that I use when I need to play like a tank. It has respectable sights, low recoil. That takes care of the long range. It has a G-Launcher, that takes care of long range and pixel shots. I balance it up with Steady Aim, and Ive got a mid/short range hip gun. And Juggernaut to stay alive in case I stumble across a face to face engagement.

The second bread and butter kit, is for a more mobile run in S&D, maps like Overgrown.

Its a kicker kit, its obvious purpose is for me to gain an advantage in position, and shoot to kill. AK47, silenced, packed with stopping power for a 2 shot kill, 3 at distance. Steady Aim, again, makes the weapon suitable for not only mid/close range hip shooting, but gives me confidence that I can go through any situation. AK47 open sights are excellent for long range.

And lastly, a very specific kit for a very specific map. Pipeline. All gamemodes. This is a specialized kit, in the sense that when Im in Pipeline, I stay to the tunnels. Only. You rarely see me topside. So Ive got a silenced MP5 for close encounters (Scorpion has too little of a range), and since its reticle is small enough NOW I can pick other perks. Deep Impact is useless in tunnels, but Dead Silence is great in tight and narrow spaces so Ill be in the face as a surprise, for a 2 shot kill. MP5 has a decent rate of fire. I add Stopping Power, thats a 2 shot kill. And Im good to go, with 2 claymores.

If anything, as you can see, Steady Aim makes a weapon more versatile, than any other perk. It makes an assault rifle, into an SMG.

Comment

It makes an assault rifle, into an SMG.
                  This is the key statement in support of Steady Aim.

Comment

This thread should be stickied, IMO, in order to prevent further inevitable identical threads.

My favorite kit right now:

Skorpion, Silenced
                    Deagle (For longer range power, rather than a silenced pistol)
                    Bandolier
                    UAV Jammer
                    Dead Silence

The skorpion makes virtually no sound when silenced, even though it sucks at long range. Yesterday I sneaked into a room with three guys shooting out the same window, shot one in the back from close range, knifed the other, reloaded, and shot the last guy before he had any idea I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
                      I'm quite sure that what I'm reading between the lines is that you are sure that your perk selections are more "intelligent" than other folk's selections.

Really? Tell us why you think that your loadout is superior please.
                      In my opinion, they are.

I won't expend any energy typing out why I think that is, though. I suppose it's to my advantage for everyone to keep their present kits.

Comment

How much energy does it take to type the names of a few perks?

Comment

In my opinion, they are.

I won't expend any energy typing out why I think that is, though. I suppose it's to my advantage for everyone to keep their present kits.
                          I call "Shenanigans!"

Comment

In my opinion, they are.

I can see why you would pick Deep Impact and Dead Silence over Steady Aim, however, you can easily replace both with skill. In terms of simple statistics, there way more engagements that require steady aim, than they are that require DP. As for Dead Silence, its never an issue to people who move and relocate with a purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder View Post
                              No worries man, but remember, search is your friend lol

And yes there is a perk limitation, There are 3 limited lists, and you pick one perk from each of the three lists. You cannot just choose any three, otherwise everyone would go around with the same super combo.
                              not true.. cuz stopping power is the best perk and not everyone uses it... so they could leave it all open and it would be fine... just like you should be able to use the red dot and a silencer at the same time just take away ur first perk like the nader does...

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                                cuz stopping power is the best perk and not everyone uses it
                                Despite you saying "____ is the best ____" more than once in the various threads you've replied to, there is no one single best "anything" in COD4.

Different weapons, perks, and attachments suit different people, different playing-styles, different maps, and different game-types.

Comment

Working...
                                X