Armour Service Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armour Service Medal

FINALLY got that baby....took forever too.
    and...you get no points for it either....LOL
    I bet not too many guys have this one.Isnt there someplace where you can view the medal count broken down for the entire game like BF2 has???

Have fun and carry a big stick!!

:yay:

That's the only award I have left to get (besides Gold Air Defense badge). Sigh, 2000 more kills.

You can go to either http://bf2142-stats.com, which will give you more detailed information about the medals.

Or you can go to http://www.bf2142stats.nl/, which is prettier and updated more frequently.

Comment

Man 730 more to go for me, then air medal, I have 1500 with a transport, so I guess gunship time.

Comment

that's the last award i am aiming for. i need 1300 more kills. i've given up on the other 2 awards remaining, air defense gold and aircraft service medal.

Comment

Yeah, it takes awhile for the armor service and even less people have the Air Combat medal though. I was about half-way there for the Air Combat medal back in May with 3,500 kills then I decided I was bored with the gunship and transports so I've been spending my time in smaller conquest maps along with creating a couple of new soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            that's the last award i am aiming for. i need 1300 more kills. i've given up on the other 2 awards remaining, air defense gold and aircraft service medal.
            Aww, don't give up on the Aircraft Service Medal. I'm having such a hard time playing armor since every time I start getting harassed by air vehicles or get ganged up on by a large group of armor, I end up jumping into a gunship to get my revenge.

Comment

Best way to get armor kills en masse is to play Camp Gibraltar on a server which allows spawn camping/base raping and hop into a walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
                Aww, don't give up on the Aircraft Service Medal. I'm having such a hard time playing armor since every time I start getting harassed by air vehicles or get ganged up on by a large group of armor, I end up jumping into a gunship to get my revenge.
                yeah but i am not even half way there (3k+). it's gonna take forever, and by then nobody will be playing this game. plus i've never been that good at the gunship, too much hassle. i'll just aim to get halfway, 4k and that'll be it.

Originally posted by vincentj View Post
                Best way to get armor kills en masse is to play Camp Gibraltar on a server which allows spawn camping/base raping and hop into a walker.
                yeah, but i am one of those people who are pathetic in walkers. i can't hit anything in a walker, it's by far my biggest weakness in the game. if i do end up getting in the walker on camp-g, i usually only end up getting a couple kills before i get rorsch'd or motion mined.

my strategy for the armor medal is trying to engage infantry in a tank from far away, shooting into an area where a lot of enemies congregate. sometimes i just fire blindly and get bunch of kills. either that or i do the spam infantry with APC mortar. i'm pretty good at armor vs armor though now, thanks to highway tampa. i rarely played with the tank before that map.

Comment

I was playing Suez Conquest recently. I always try to jump in the PAC hovertank since it has great sideways mobility, usually you can get behind the EU tanks and take them out in one shot. In this particular round, I came up against an enemy who was also in a PAC hovertank. I started shooting, and was surprised when he didn't shoot back. Instead, he kept me face on so my shots were only doing 25% damage. I hit him twice, and had time to miss my third shot, and still he didn't fire. Then he seemed to wait for the perfect moment, turned on his shield, and rammed me.

It worked perfectly. He flipped over my tank. Since we were in the middle of the desert, even though I managed to get out, there was nowhere for me to go so it was an easy kill after that for him. But I have to say I was very impressed with his tactics. I had no idea hovertanks could be so easily flipped and it was obvious in retrospect that that was his intention the entire time. It wasn't an accident.

DD.

Comment

That would be a fun video: Tank Tipping (you know, instead of "Cow Tipping" ) I need to learn how to do that! What part of your tank did he ram?

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                      That would be a fun video: Tank Tipping (you know, instead of "Cow Tipping" ) I need to learn how to do that! What part of your tank did he ram?
                      PAC tanks are easier to tip since they're "floating" and have rounded corners. Try hitting them when they're on uneven ground in one of their corners (the back corners work best). Its also a nice way of teamkilling someone in a ff=off server.

Comment

I hate the awards in BF2142 because some of them rely heavily on luck (eg. having a good round), but I still have lots to do and feel real proud getting one of those more difficult ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CannibalBob View Post
                          I hate the awards in BF2142 because some of them rely heavily on luck (eg. having a good round), but I still have lots to do and feel real proud getting one of those more difficult ones.
                          If you hate the BF2142 awards, try the ones in BF2. They are far harder to get. Lets see. 400 hours in armor for gold badge, 100 hours as each class for the gold badge...

In 2142 the one which is really luck based is Gold Titan Destruction, most of the others can have some strategy employed to get them.

Comment

got mine today! my first major award in nearly a year and likely my last award of the kind. :salute:

Comment

Niiiiccceee!

Comment

Working...
                              X