X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G3 animation broken?

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
      After all it doesn't matter if it's useful or not, if it's a bug it should go and if you look at semi-auto rifles being emptied faster than full-auto ones, there can't be a question about bug-or-not.
      Thats easy to explain, since the semi-auto only have a 20 round clip versus the 30 of a full-auto.
      Look at http://chkilroy.com/cod4/. You will also notice that all semi-autos have a ROF of 20. I prefer they fix that instead of making it a fastest-clicker competition for semi-autos

So for the Rifles I will say this:
      The G3: is semi auto but does the same damage as a full-auto per shot. "Auto-ing" it at best makes it usable at cqb, but it is still harder to control than the real auto which has a larger clip. Even more so if you have to spin the wheel while using it.

The M14: That thing is uncontrollable on full auto, its really not an issue. Try it out. You will always do better in single shot

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT]
      When I used my scroll wheel for multi fire, I only got one shot out per scroll. I don't understand how you guys get it to work.
      Some mice can be configured to do either smooth or click scrolling with the wheel, that might be the issue. I use no scripts on my MX518

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
      Same here, I tried it with the G3 and it didn't seem any quicker than clicking fast.
      Some have faster fingers than others
      And that is my point, the semis should be handicapped by recoil and possible ROF, not by how fast you can click the mouse button.

I will admit that I use it on occasion on the G3 and never considered it an exploit (and I always use it if I have to use my sidearm). It has been discussed on the forum before without anyone complaining.
      On the M14 it is only useful for suppressive fire or Heli-Hunting.

Comment

It's actually a bit overpowered if done with the G3. The M14 has the proper recoil but the G3 has awesome power and next to no recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
          It's actually a bit overpowered if done with the G3. The M14 has the proper recoil but the G3 has awesome power and next to no recoil.
          Possibly, its max ROF is higher than the Autos but it also has a smaller clip.
          Equal or better? Its hard to say.
          But I wouldn't mind if they redid the G3. If we can trust Wiki neither the G3 or M14 are true Assault Rifles but Battle Rifles, since they use a full sized rifle cartridge. That is modelled well with the M14, but the G3 lacks the punch of a Battle Rifle and the firepower of an assault rifle. Unless you wheel it.
          So fix the ROF (on all semis) and give the G3 more power. It should be a M14 light with less power and recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            That video appears to be speeded up a bit to make it look worse than it is...the in-between scenes of the menus show fast scrolling/selecting of items, and the Sleight of Hand animation also looks a bit too fast.
            Yea, I first mentioned that, but deleted it, because when done right you can actually shoot that fast.

Worse than it is? Not sure. I'll tell you how I got the idea to come up with this topic. Someone killed me like this with the M14 in Vacant, so I decided to spec him and see how much of a difference it makes.
            At one point he ran into a hallway, emptied his mag and got 4 kills in about 1 second. Sure he got lucky, but still...

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
            It isn't that hard to click as fast as the scroll will shoot. They still have maximum rates of fire...
            Originally posted by Vreki View Post
            Thats easy to explain, since the semi-auto only have a 20 round clip versus the 30 of a full-auto.
            Look at http://chkilroy.com/cod4/. You will also notice that all semi-autos have a ROF of 20. I prefer they fix that instead of making it a fastest-clicker competition for semi-autos
            You may be able to click 20 times pretty fast, but keep in mind the reality aspect. Noone can pull the trigger 20 times in just over 2 seconds (that's 30 rounds at 750+ rounds/min).
            The way you suggest to fix it is also what I think is best. 3, maybe 4 shots per second seems reasonable, but not more than that.
            That's a nice link btw...

Comment

The modded Logitech Setpoint software + my MX518 = wonderful application to some macros

Thanks, Ill be running and gunning with the M82 now. Muaaahhahahha

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
                You may be able to click 20 times pretty fast, but keep in mind the reality aspect. Noone can pull the trigger 20 times in just over 2 seconds (that's 30 rounds at 750+ rounds/min).
                Try http://gameweex.com/play/king-of-but...ine-flash-game, I can do 13 clicks in 2 seconds and 37 clicks in 5 seconds.
                It doesn't seem unrealistic that the younger crowd can do it at 10 clicks/second, but to be honest I think it is stupid to make fast-clicking an aspect of a FPS.
                Just make it full-auto with a low enough ROF.

Comment

I mean realistic as in real weapons realistic.

Comment

They should do it like in BF2 and SWAT4. You click too fast and you start "skipping" shots. Say, the 9mm Glock ROF is 250 rounds a minute. If you click faster than that, youll start skipping shots (you click, but the weapon doesnt fore). If you click too slowly, well, youre just underutilizing the weapon.

So in order to get that maximum ROF, you need to click as close to the "sweetspot" as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by m_d
                      I mean realistic as in real weapons realistic.
                      Well in that case I would like to talk about certain Assault Rifles and SMG that kill me in full auto from quite a distance.
                      There is nothing unrealistic about using a G3/M14 in full auto, but using a weapon in full auto as a marksman tool is.

just nerfing the heavy rifles make no sense, they would have to re-evaluate all the weapons.
                      Or maybe just leave the game as it is?

Comment

leave the game as it is gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                          Well in that case I would like to talk about certain Assault Rifles and SMG that kill me in full auto from quite a distance.
                          Killing with full-auto at the distance seen in the game isn't really a problem for ARs, except for the AK maybe.
                          Remember that the whole distance settings are extremely scaled down to fit the game and the small maps...
                          The maps are not wider than 100 meters and over that distance you can kill with both eyes closed.

There is nothing unrealistic about using a G3/M14 in full auto
                          I can only repeat that there's a reason that they put the semi-auto models in the game instead of the full-auto ones. Maybe I could still accept it for these guns, but what about the pistols? There's no full-auto Desert Eagle that I know of...

But I guess after all it's not such a big problem seeing the opinions here.

Comment

IMO going through the hassle of using the scroll wheel just seem to much to when i could just click faster or not die in the first place.

Comment

I use this for my pistols and the G3 at close range. It's easy to screw up because if you scroll too fast, it's slower then just clicking normally. I'd put good money on the people abusing this are using a macro.

Comment

I tried the mouse scroller with G3... that's just insane. If someone makes a macro that fires the M1 button say, 6 times a second, you have a MONSTER on your hands.

I daresay I actually want to try it before someone else does...

OK, I just tested the G3 with a macro.

IN-F*CKING-SANE. It's what the gun should have been in the first place...

Knowing this, I don't know if I'll be able to resist the dark side. This is what power feels like.

Comment

Working...
                                X