When will it end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will it end?

I'm talking about the G3 / M14 full auto fire using the mouse wheel. Before I go on, I think we can all agree that this is a bug rather than a feature.

When I first found out I decided to ignore this bug, because it would be fixed in no time anyway. Now there's what 2-3 patches and it's still not fixed. Being killed because your enemy does nothing but scroll his mouse wheel like a spaz is boring.
    I can totally see how less gifted people use it to get some kills, but shouldn't IW have done something by now?

I know they are probably busy spending the money they made with the game and they deserve to, but I'd like to have this thing fixed before they retire

PS: I know that PB can be set to ban for this key setting, but most servers I play on don't have that and it shouldn't even be possible in the first place. How much time can it take to fix this?

Video:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zDj36w8kbFg That's how it looks when done right.

All semi-auto weapons benefit from this, I bet that this happen a lot more for pistols than for semi-auto rifles.
    If they thought it was a bug then they could just adjust the ROF.

But I doubt they care, in a game with spam from grenade launchers, frag grenades, air strikes and gunships it seems strange to complain about two of the rarest weapons in the game, which btw is fully automatic IRL.

How often do you look at your killcam and seen something that isn't a M4 or P90?

Comment

I've seen it quite a lot today, that's why it came to my mind. Of course I forgot the pistols, good point.
      The M14 and G3 are very good long range weapons and in cqc they are better than anything when used like this.

Only some versions of these weapons are full-auto irl and I guess there's a reason why they picked the semi-auto ones for the game.

After all it doesn't matter if it's useful or not, if it's a bug it should go and if you look at semi-auto rifles being emptied faster than full-auto ones, there can't be a question about bug-or-not.

Comment

When I used my scroll wheel for multi fire, I only got one shot out per scroll. I don't understand how you guys get it to work.

Comment

Same here, I tried it with the G3 and it didn't seem any quicker than clicking fast.

Comment

If they fix anything in the next patch it needs to be the craptastic game browser. I want to queue to a favorite server, track friends and all the stuff one takes for granted in other Online games.

Faster refreshes when I hit re-fresh list and none of this showing the last server pinged having a ping of 2900+, as if I'd ever play there...

Plus they need to have an info box that even Dice implemented for BF2 to get the word out on updates and community events.

Comment

Two things: Why can't you search for servers by typing in a name, and why are half the servers listed on game monitor running patch 1.2?

Comment

There are scripts for it. I dled one but haven`t tried it yet. I just don`t like the look of M14 and the G3.

Comment

It is pretty effective, and I tried it out but prefer using the simple mad clicking. If you spazz about with the mouse wheel the game actually doesn't register all of the bullets fired, so it fires like one then stops, you have to move the mouse wheel smoothly and then it is quite good. But this isn't a major issue, I have only been killed by this once, and it was an M9 so it wasn't uber bad.

Comment

Video link added.

Comment

Personally I've never encountered a problem with this, but I also wonder how something like this would be "solved" given its all to do with how the user inputs. Its like removing the crosshair on screen, only for some guy to put some blue tack right in the middle of his screen. Some people will always find ways to get ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
                        Video:
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=zDj36w8kbFg That's how it looks when done right.
                        That video appears to be speeded up a bit to make it look worse than it is...the in-between scenes of the menus show fast scrolling/selecting of items, and the Sleight of Hand animation also looks a bit too fast.

Having tried the mouse-wheel trick myself, IMO this really isn't that big of a deal. You could also theoretically assign "fire" to a keyboard key, and crank up the repeat-rate in the Windows options for the same effect.

However, for those wondering how to fix it, it would just involve changing the minimum allowed time in-between bullets. If a greater delay between each shot were introduced, then it wouldn't matter how fast one tried to click. I haven't looked, but this might already even be possible on unranked servers by messing with the various .iwd files. For those who hate the semi-auto nature of the G3, one could quite possibly also change it to an auto-fire weapon by modifying these files as well.

Comment

I have never had a problem with it and i think my M14 is fine without it.

Comment

It isn't that hard to click as fast as the scroll will shoot. They still have maximum rates of fire...

Comment

I don't have a problem with bumpfiring. If you do it too fast, you will shoot slower than clicking, too slow and you'll shoot slower as well. It takes practice to find that optimum speed, especially if you don't have a mouse that clicks when you scroll.

Sleight of Hand with the G3 is dumb anyway. With the animation broken already, you can doubleswap it and it would still be faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X