No announcement yet.

What can we expect in BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Below are the things I would like to see in BF3 and I won’t lie, some of this is stuff I love about Call of Duty 4.

Misc:
    Improved net code to reduce the lag in multi-player which will also help with...hit detection, hit detection, hit detection and hit detection. Oh, did I mention hit detection? Must have better hit registry! Better enemy/enemy asset spotting.

Scoring, Ranks and Challenges:
    Use the same leveling rank and leveling up system Call of Duty 4 uses to handle points so you get extra points for challenges. keep bronze silver and gold medals for winning a rounds with the highest scores, but get rid of bronze, silver and gold badge/medal type and just give 1 badge or medal for each 3 tiered challenge completed and a ribbon for single tier challenges. Put less emphasis on stats, but don't get rid of them completely (getting rid of stats all together would basically lose a giant chunk of the BF community which could either be a good thing or bad). Make each kill count as 1 point. 1 point for any usable ground, air or sea vehicle/mountable weapon the enemy is using. Give 2 points for destroying any enemy commander asset (including supply drops and vehicle drop if they keep it in BF3). At the end of each round, tally the points of your team and give the average amount of points to everyone (so that even if your team loses you still win points for your effort). Get rid of the 2x points for winning the round.

Infantry classes and Weapons:
    A merged or tiered class system would help keep things simple. Melee attacks should never require you to switch to your melee weapon. It leaves you defenseless at any range further than melee and should not be in any game. Melee is one of the many things that the Call of Duty series gets right as far as weapons changing goes. Allow save-able custom load-outs for each class and give the ability to change any custom load-out setting at any time during the game so you re-spawn with the changes after death. Unlock-able weapons, weapon attachments and class specific special equipment or explosives for use with the custom load-out slots. If you limit what gear can be used by a certain class you can avoid things like nade spam from everyone or claymore gheywhoreing. If EA/Dice were to take grenades away from the medic class in vBF2, there would be far less nade spamming and the assault class would be partly worth using again. Equipment and weapon pickups such as stinger missiles for ground to air or RPG's so you still have a chance to take out armor if you are not using the Anti-tank class. They have their own hotkey number slot like primary and secondary weapons. Improved weapon handling and improved iron sights, red dots and scopes (the cone of fire in BF2 is a joke).

Armor and other vehicle:
    Better hit-boxes that conform as best as possible to the shape of the tank, APC, vehicle or whatever it is you are driving or shooting without making the game lag. improved tanks, APC and vehicle speeds that are effected by what type of surface you are driving on like what already happens with water in BF2 and overall make everything a bit faster.

Jets and Helicopters:
    As with armor, improved hit-boxes would be appreciated. Improved balance for jet handling. Improved air to air missile locking. Faster helicopters (the way helicopters are now in BF2 is actually good except for their speed which is seriously way too slow). I think a good way to improve the speed of copters would be two different speeds. one speed for hovering or circling around and a second one that requires you to hold down a button for forward speed over greater distances (this reason alone puts me off from flying copters in PR mod because its so difficult to keep them stable for landing or even just hovering, although it might be different in 0.7 which I haven't had time to play yet). I feel that if done correctly it would improve helicopters quite a bit. Helicopters that have an accurate amount of missiles that only the gunner can use and give the pilot double kill assist points for each kill the gunner gets.

Boats and Ships:
    I know naval warfare (ship vs. ship) rarely takes place these days, but how about some sea battles like in BF1942? More types of boats and sea transport vehicles like hover-crafts that can carry both infantry and vehicles for beach invasions. Possibly have more amphibious vehicles.

Factions:
    Need more countries or factions in the game, at least 4 before expansions would be nice (BF1942 has 7 including the ex-packs if I remember correctly).

Maps:
    More maps and larger variety of maps such as desert/wasteland, woodland, jungle, sea, urban, sub-urban, snowy tundra, swamps, and possibly even nuclear radiated environments for even more interesting combat like in stalker.

Comment

Vehicals that take a team to maximise it's potential.

Much like the black hawk back in the old days. 6 People could work together to kick ***. Or a more flexible titan from bf2142.

Maybe ships with 4 different gunning spots but the driver cant control.

And airships with missile gun type things.

Each need a driver, 3-4 different gun seats and an area to repair/reammo maybe?

It would take a combined effort from opposition to take one of these vehicals out. :yay:

Comment

A different to 1942/2/2142, im sick of just playing conquest over and over with no good SP.

Comment

Jungle maps = PR
          New Vehicles and Maps = PR
          New game modes = PR
          New Factions (MEC included ) = PR
          Blood and Gore = PR
          Isn't a nade spam fest = PR
          Requires teamwork and encourages squad play = PR

And, we have a a-10, that thing kills anything it see's, srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by BabaGurGur

And, we have a a-10, that thing kills anything it see's, srsly.
            Hahahaha yeah riiiiiight! AAV's eat jets alive

Oh and Btw, i often tell my squad to use their nades when atacking a well defended flag, so nade spamming occurs. But its nowhere near Karkand 64 player ofcource.....

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
            A different to 1942/2/2142, im sick of just playing conquest over and over with no good SP.
            Battlefield games have always focused on MP, and should continue to do so. SP isnt really needed

Comment

In BF2, its obvious china won and MEC/PLA are allied since they never fight each other, BF3 should be PLA/MEC invading the mainland!

Comment

The main thing to do for this game is to not have the "Ranked Servers" as they did with the last two games. Do it like COD4 was done with servers reporting to the master server and it picks up on modifications. The old way kills gameplay and team work and restricts weapons...if I purchase the game I want the whole damn thing right then and there!!

Also may as well make it Vista and OS-X or higher and force upgrades..there is no reason why we should continue to hold back with crappy graphics cause of the lazy and cheap people that don't wish to upgrade hardware. I say bring on the graphics cause without derailing the thread Crysis is awesome in both SP and MP with how smooth everything runs and looks...I say go for what Crysis offers in BF3 cept with all the factors that BF2,Vietnam and 1942 had. Lets be able to FULLY DESTROY a building with a tank!!! Lets be able to blow a deep hole in the ground with C4 if we want to. I say bring on the challange!!! :salute:

Comment

Allot Of Things??

Comment

BF3 should be:

BF2's story and weapons
                    BF2142's improved balance and additional squadplay features
                    CS:S hit detection
                    Crysis graphics and freedom to do whatever you want
                    BF:BC destructible environments

And moar armies and weapons! Not only middle east as well (something like Fall of Berlin in 2142 without all the ice and in a modern day city)

Comment

I expect lack of teamwork and customer support...

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                        I expect lack of teamwork and customer support...
                        You don't need to state the obvious

Comment

I'd like to see the game rated MA, the rumor of the rating determining the outcome of sales is a lie, Rockstar has proven this many times.

System Requirements

Vista/MAC OSX Only (this way time is saved in development, and backwards compatibility is not required)
                          Make the game DirectX 10 Only
                          Require players have at least a Pentium 4 at 3.0Ghz
                          Require at least 2GBs of RAM
                          Limit the number cards that can be used - NVidia GForce 8400 ATI HD2400 Series minimum requirement
                          Native Support for Widescreen Monitors, allow 4:3 players to play letterboxed

Demo Recorder
                          When users set this up on the server have all the options available in the server admin tool located all in one file. Then have support for sftp/ftp/ftpes/etc.
                          Ability for players to download demos from serverip/hostnameortnumber
                          Full navigation controls: Fast Forward x1/x2/x4/x8/x16/x32, Rewind x1/x2/x4/x8/x16/x32, Play, Pause, Stop, Restart, Slow Motion +/- x1/x2/x4/x8/x16/x32
                          Demo Config application or in demo options to disable hud
                          Editing Timeline with scrub/cut/etc. make the Demo Recorder editable without having to launch the game for simple demo editing.
                          Then export to files (divx, avi, mpeg, etc.)

Anti Cheat
                          Have built in checks server and client side to prevent cheating
                          Disable external hooking into directx by 3rd party programs
                          Lock all game files while the game is being played
                          Detection for unauthorized attempts for 3rd party programs to hook into the directx and close the game when detected
                          Force syncing of player profiles offline/online from master server so settings are kept the same.
                          Mutiple random checks while gaming to make sure the player information is accurate (playername, guid, ip, etc.)
                          Direct Connection
                          Built in Screenshot capture

Game
                          Underground tunnels
                          Make sure everything is solid so players cannot gliche through walls, if they do add instant death space etc. to the inside area.
                          Destructible environments
                          Force upgrading of the game to the latest version for online play
                          Force server providers to do regular updates of servers or include required auto updates of servers.
                          No nerfing of anything no matter what players say
                          Make the game teamplay based
                          In-game updates
                          In-game downloads of maps/mods, etc.
                          No automatic car drops, supply crates, etc. make everything manual, so if someone request a vehicle someone at base had to drive out and bring it to them. If someone needs a supply crate someone has to airlift supplies by flying a transport chopper/plane to the location. Remove UAVs, or any type of UAV, no need to know where the enemy is unless a teammate spots them.
                          Mutiple weapon selections on vehicles
                          Fast non nerfed planes, choppers and vehicles

Editor
                          This is very important to keep the game alive and fun.

Crytek type Editor where everything is what you see is what you get.

Ability to press export to game engine and your done.

Make the creation of maps easy like the Crytek editor

Include a dice run forum forums.dice.se, through vbulletin on there and use the crytek model of posting tutorials. Also have a mod database

Ability to set the map image and description information, mod description information, etc. from within the editor.

Regularly updated Editors with auto-update functionality

No limit on the amount of players that can be hosted or if there is a limit set it to 128, this way any 64 players servers will be extremely stable.

A Massive amount of tutorials built by the developers along with fully functional help docs regularly updated with project files.

Official Gameserver Admin Tools
                          3rd party tools are ok, but are too buggy

Restriced/limited Web based server administration - So the server admin can allow users to go to ip/hostnameort and have an admin message/contact information along with current server stats of players, etc. Which can be easily queried through an xml feed.

Demo download option.

Built in query system with more functionality then rcon had for bf1942/bf2/bf2142.
                          User permissions system

Ability for GSP to reset or change settings without having to delete the files and restart the server.

Custom Anti Cheat built in house by EA

Ability to setup logging to an external mysql database which would include the logging of:

real profile ids, system changes, server logs, punkbuster GUIDs, CDKey hashes, ips, playernames, etc.

Ability to sync admins across servers and manage them from the use of a syncing it mysql database.

Ability to run server with rcon disabled

Logging of all administrator actions, ip address, hostname, etc that is also exported/synced with an external mysql database.

League, tournament, special event configs options, this way you can setup your configs along with maplists, etc. in one file, and dynamically load them into the server like counterstrike.

Real in-game admin, with a menu like source games have with meta/sourcemod installed.

Direct connections to the players, so their real information can be captured along with screenshots, which can be viewed within the admin tool, exported through ftp, or to an external mysql database

This way it will be easier to ban players across a network of servers and ease the burden of administrating a gameserver.

Developer Support
                          Have more support and updates from DICE
                          Mantis type bug submission
                          All bugs are fixed and not left as is
                          Continues improvement to server code and client code
                          An update of bugs fixed/accnoleged, work in progress, etc. type list categorized by game version number. Highlighted as Red/Yellow/Green, etc. so players can see the progress. for the retail public releases.

Comment

Nice list I agree with most

One thing I'd like to see is Ricochet effects in the game when shooting at metal as an example. Bullets bouncing off and doing headshots on other players would be so awesome...

Comment

^^Or really annoying..?

Comment

Random shrapnel would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X