Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I <3 BATTLEFIELD 2 & EA (hate me if u want) LONG!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I <3 BATTLEFIELD 2 & EA (hate me if u want) LONG!!

I finally got back to playing the BF games after venturing around CS:S for a while.

I've started playing BF1942 more, I even reinstalled BF:V. BF:V may not be the most optimized game. When it first came out, it was like OMG grab! Give it a few patches it really started to fail, people hated it, myself included. I reinstalled, picked up my M-14, sat up on a hill and picked people off, it's just a freaking fun game!!! However the only thing I have against it is that, it is laggier than BF2 :/.

Anywho, I gave my BF2142 CD to a friend because the game was a disgrace. I was bored one day, downloaded a ***** crack and sat down to playing, was it the funnest, no. But hey, I was able to crank up the settings to high and 2x AA, and get up to 20 FPS on occasion. Something that I wouldn't ever be able to do on BF2. I strolled around in the Titan, gunship, the buggy, and the god almighty APC with the ultimate base raping invention of all time, the grenade launcher. That thing is awesome, when I first got the game, crap I went around 50 - 0 for a whole round without dieing, yeah I pissed off the enemy, but hey I was crazy for stats! (More about stats below.) However I do not view BF2142 as the greatest BF add-on, personally, it's still a failure. I believe that EA had great intentions with the game, already on patch 1.4, equal that of BF2, I predict BF2142 will get to ~1.6. On top of that, they beta the patches, not a bad idea. The only thing I see wrong with the game, is that it's not original, it's like BF2 in the future, more bulky, a few inaccurate predictions of the future. It didn't have much going for it in the beginning anyway.

Battlefield 2...

Wow, where to start. I remember watching the preview of the game and soiling myself. The entire community (TBF2, PBF, Filefront/Battlefield, and clan forums) where the same way. As more and more videos and screens were released, the question grew larger and larger, WTF do I need to run this game!? A 6800 ULTRA!? (The top of the line card at the time), 512mb of ram (1 gig was suggested, but after a few patches, 1.5 was desired), a P4 (nothing special, this was around the time AMD really took off with their amazing single cores that would stomp P4's.)

Myself did not have enough to run this game, I spent a lot of time playing BF1942. I became extremely good, if I went into any server, moongamers omaha, DC, anything. Very few people could ever beat me in an infantry fight (1 in a 100.) BF2 was released June 22, 2005. I didn't get a decent card till November 2005, a 6600GT. I started playing and was like omg, this game is awesome!! I came in around patch 1.03, 1.12 came out with Special Forces, unleashing a whole new style of battlefield that was so fun, night vision, flash bangs, grappling hooks, zip lines. Awesome!!!

Patch 1.3 was the true downfall of BF2. All the new glitches, server instability, random CTD's. EA was very slow to respond, no reason why, but they certainly had a purpose, and no it wasn't for a profit. To enlighten the community, EA announced Euro Forces, and what came with it, was arguably one of the best weapons in the game, excellent hit registration, great feel, and thin cross hairs, the L96A1.

Armored Fury was announced, which I have yet to play and was once again amazingly original and included a lot of easter eggs of BF2142, like the license plates, etc.

After everything had settled down, 1.41 was out. The community began truly complaining, for no reason. The game was finished in the communities eyes, but not enough. Within a few months, we had Highway Tampa, which TRIED to get the BF1942 desert style tank battles, FH2 is the only thing to have really captured it. However, EA just had to integrate ads by Intel into it for a Core 2 Duo processor, and here comes the rant:

BF2 and 2142's engine is SINGLE CORE based, multi-core has no effect on the game play, because BF2/2142 was not made for it. In fact, if you have a lower spec dual core, it could potentially HURT your FPS, because you have 2 1.2 ghz processors on a chip (bad comparison) and a single core 3ghz. BF2 is either forced onto a 1.2ghz chip or a 3ghz chip. Therefore, there is no purpose in getting a E6600 for BF2.

And oh my, [Tc] was my old clan, lol Google

Here we are today complaining about how bad the game is, but yet we continually play, play, play. I love it, there's no other game like it.

omg wtf bbq! etqw will funking pwn BF2!!@#!
    LOL! That game failed after a week.

FF:OW, totally will kill BF2
    And ET:QW was supposed to do that too...

CoD:4 barely dented BF2. Yes, it's taken a noticeable toll in the xfire stats, but still BF2 over the past 2 days, mostly because of the holidays, has had around 800 servers populated.

Therefore, NOTHING can kill the BF series. BF1942, is still very active, yet it was released in 2002, very few games have survived more than a year!

The biggest controversy currently is over stats and if they have ruined the game.

EA has been handing out Gold stars since 2002, in fact their are still a few sites out their that track BF1942 and BF:V stats. Look at how active this site is: http://bf1942.gametrack.org/

So where did EA seem to screw the game up? They didn't, stats have been around since the beginning, they're in just about every game including CS.

If stats have been around since the beginning, did they **** up? No and yes.

Stats, just build to the games longevity, without rewards the game would become extremely repetitive.

Awesome, I got first, I don't know how many times.
    The idea of stats is an excellent one, and in fact anyone who says this may be surprised:

STATS totally killed mods
    More like, helped them. BF2 would be dead currently without stats. Mods like FH2, PR, PoE:2 would have been rushed and come out incomplete. In return, the FH team would return to BF1942, PoE would return BF:V.

PR, well who knows. The only mods that would have had a chance would have been Walmart Security's "Department Store Battles" and Elxx's "Sandbox."

So, you see stats aren't that bad. Stats in BF3 (if.)

=========End===========

This is the longest post I've ever made, at least leave an opinion . Debate!

I dont hate u lol

Comment

Originally posted by THEONEANDONLY View Post
      I dont hate u lol
      Does anyone agree?

Comment

Certainly i agree. Just as many words are up there in my head but my fingers dont want me to type them but i must say this. Everyone who complains does still play and BF2 is still an awesome game

Comment

That was kind of like watching a documentary. But you get bonus points for posting a picture of BF1942 Wake.

So yeah, I pretty much agree with your assessment all the way around. I still remember how full the demo download servers were on the day it came out and how I just couldn't wait to get on and play, even with my good old 9800 Pro. How I played the game for about 600h on that thing I'll never know. I still remember upgrading my PC in April 2006 just to be able to play BF2 on high settings, and dayum it was like playing a whole new game. Not to mention my chopper pilots appreciated me actually being able to SEE targets out on the horizon that they were lining me up for.

BF2142 didn't give me that same giddy anticipation that BF2 did, although despite that I think I've soaked about 500h into that game, too. Not a bad return on investment if you think about it. I've yet to play CoD4 but playing an online game based on a war feels somehow lacking if there are no vehicles. I don't really even use vehicles all that much, all things considered, but without them there it would feel empty. *shrugs*

Here's to hoping for a BF3. :salute:

~Wolfgang

Comment

I gave up on BF2 after 1.3.
            Uninstalled it, couldn't be arsed to touch it. It was the only game I paid for, $60 down the drain.

Then I moved to CS:S -> 2142 -> Red Orchestra ->TF2 -> COD4.

We are entitled to our opinions, I hate BF2, jet whores, nade spam etc.
            And yes, I suck at it, I can't counter the jet or avoid nades. So, I blame myself.

Eitherways. BF3 it is.

Comment

You can't compare processor speeds clock for clock over different architectures.

Take Pentium D vs. Core 2 Duo

A 2.4 C2D will rape face against a 3.2 PD. Both are dual-core.

Comment

Couldn`t been asked to read the text, the pics are good though.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
                  Couldn`t been asked to read the text, the pics are good though.
                  ^^^ I got down to bfv, that is a good game btw.

most that whine & cry about bf2 jsut simply cannot get hang of how to play. i like it, buggy yeah, but what game is perfect? i tried demos' of the new games they suck to me anyway.:nod:

Comment

Lemme just post this....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTwGSrjsgo[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                      Lemme just post this....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTwGSrjsgo[/media]
                      [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=A6tph6p-Vc4&feature=related[/media]

Comment

wait for january when EA announces BF3, everyone will rush back to BF2 and start playing it again, true COD4 did slow down BF2 a lil but trust me, theres no way COD4 will last as long as BF2

I never complained about EA coz I know that they made one of the best online games in the history of gaming, yea it was buggy but still, u cant complain, the only real problem with this game and im sure we all know it is its community

cant wait for Battlefield 3

Comment

Originally posted by predragjanjic
                          wait for january when EA announces BF3, everyone will rush back to BF2 and start playing it again, true COD4 did slow down BF2 a lil but trust me, theres no way COD4 will last as long as BF2

I never complained about EA coz I know that they made one of the best online games in the history of gaming, yea it was buggy but still, u cant complain, the only real problem with this game and im sure we all know it is its community

cant wait for Battlefield 3
                          most of them left for cod4:laugh:
                          bad part is bf3 they will all be back:|:

i like the game, cod4 or crysis just dont compete to me anyway.

Comment

If EA listens to the community, we get a BF2142 if they do what's awesome, we get another BF2, and hopefully more BF1942!

Comment

DICE, BF3, BF2142, EA

vs

Infinity Ward, COD4, ETQW, Splash Damage

While ETQW is a failure, the developers (as with IW aswell) are actively trying to please the community, and they released their games 100% working, and in COD4s case, flawless. The second things went sour for DICE, or they needed a new game to promote, they bailed.

Did I enjoy BF2? Immensely, it is one of the best games ever made. But product quality is bad, and they are only "so good" because their competitiors suck, which isnt saying a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X