Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ruining knife-only servers: good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruining knife-only servers: good or bad?

on the one hand, people on knife-only servers are breaking the "rules" of the game. they rank up much faster than honest players and get undeserved awards.

on the other hand, it's just a video game, and why shouldn't they be able to do what they want?

so is it ok to go on a knife-only server and get in a vehicle and kill everyone? i already have my opinion on this, just wondering how the majority feels

If you want to go play on KP server then fine just choose one that isn't ranked.

Ranked servers should have the rules that are there just to make things fair, the ranking system is there to see who is the best at general gameplay not how good they are at padding.

Comment

Ever seen an unranked K&P server full Repulse?? :hmm:

Comment

You would also get kills faster if you started putting mortar rounds into a crowd of knifers. And what are they doing to you? They're not taking up slots on a normal server, and the only way it affects you is putting you down on the knife/pistol leaderboards a bit, God knows how important those are.

Comment

Bad. You preying on K/P Servers is just as much stat padding as playing with only your knife/pistol... Its distorted gameplay that yields more points than usual; ie stat padding.

Comment

To do all GSPs a favor you should not run any type of server that is against the rules, or if you know of any servers that are not following the rules report it directly to the GSP, if the server is not taken down within 3 days or if the server is not corrected let EA know so they can inform the GSP directly.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk
              Not really looked recently - The point is thats long as it isn't a ranked server it isn't braking the rules so they can go do whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk
                Thats the argument I always use to show that they are statpadders.
                K/P servers are apparently only funny if they boost you rank

But to answer the question, I think ruining the game for K/P players is caused by the same mentality that causes some to go on a TK-spree. Its still bullying, even if the target is no-good statpadders.

Don't give in to the dark side, just report them.

Comment

I never go on K and P not even to ruin it.
                  I Have a life. So i can do some better things with it then ruin other noobs there game...

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                    Thats the argument I always use to show that they are statpadders.
                    K/P servers are apparently only funny if they boost you rank

But to answer the question, I think ruining the game for K/P players is caused by the same mentality that causes some to go on a TK-spree. Its still bullying, even if the target is no-good statpadders.

Don't give in to the dark side, just report them.
                    But, it's just stats, it doesn't effect you. Hacking and stuff i can understand, but statpadding, meh, only them and their mates see the score. EA and people would be better of spending time working on different issues.

And, K&P servers are very fun, i play them quite a lot, albeit BF2 (Unranked, obviously...)

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                      But, it's just stats, it doesn't effect you. Hacking and stuff i can understand, but statpadding, meh, only them and their mates see the score. EA and people would be better of spending time working on different issues.
                      Two different issues here:
                      A) Most K/P players claim that they are just doing it for fun, but that is contradicted by them only playing on ranked servers. That makes them not only cheaters, but also liars.

B) I no longer care about K/P servers in particular, but on principle I don't like cheaters.
                      Does statspadding in general hurt me? It depends.
                      It hurts me if a large part of my team sits in a corner and pad.
                      It also hurts me if everybody else quickly pads their way to the unlocks, leaving the honest minority at a disadvantage.
                      And it hurts the game if the padders dominate the leaderboard. Personally I will never get on any leaderboard, but I still think less of a game if I know that all the "top" players are cheaters.

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                      And, K&P servers are very fun, i play them quite a lot, albeit BF2 (Unranked, obviously...)
                      On unranked I see it as no different than a mod, do whatever you feel like.

Comment

K/P Player has taken Supreme Commander for the third week in a row :cry: The Decay ranks would be alot more fun to get if everyone played Legit. Note that 2/3 of the Decay ranks are held by Stat Padders...

They don't hurt you in-game, but they do hurt any chances any normal people have at getting and holding a special rank.

Comment

Originally posted by RedNikon View Post
                          I never go on K and P not even to ruin it.
                          I Have a life. So i can do some better things with it then ruin other noobs there game...
                          ....says the 15 year old with 31 days of play. Hmmmm....

Sorry....could pass it up!

I've only gone on a K/P server once....for about an hour....with my alternate soldier....with my Clark.

....It was the most fun I've ever had in one hour of play on 2142.:laugh:

After 38 kills, I started feeling dirty and, although, excessively fun, I just had to quit.

There is nothing better than standing on one place...with knife in hand....watching as some tool charges at you....only to find himself helpless as the Clark comes out....and then BOOM.....DEATH! I laughed each and every time.

I have refrained from going back to the dark side. I think too much time spent there would have the same effect as the ring had on it's owners in The Lord of the Rings. Nasty....permanent....transformations!

Comment

I say let them play the game they want to.

Ranked games cause this kind of behavior and the attitude that you'd go into a server and not play by the local rules just sucks.

Games are supposed to be fun.

If you need "competition", just join one of the many leagues/tournaments available. If you find enjoyment in spoiling other people's fun, I suggest a little psychotherapy.

Comment

Originally posted by =ROB JORDAN= View Post
                              I say let them play the game they want to.

Ranked games cause this kind of behavior and the attitude that you'd go into a server and not play by the local rules just sucks.

Games are supposed to be fun.

If you need "competition", just join one of the many leagues/tournaments available. If you find enjoyment in spoiling other people's fun, I suggest a little psychotherapy.
                              The K/P servers violate the rules established by the game creator. If you want to have a ranked server you are supposed to be playing by EA's rules. The thing you claim (not playing by the local rules) is the very thing the server itself has already done.

I don't have very many knife kills but everyone has come in the course of actual battle against guys with guns who would have used them to kill me had they had the chance. For me that is the ONLY knife kill that means anything.

I have to wonder the person in need of psychotherapy isn't that person who enjoys bunny hopping around swipping a knife at someone (while hoards of others dance merrily around them doing the same) when they are in possession of a completely useable Voss or Clark. Just perspective....I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X