Frags...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frags...

Okay so I got tired of getting blow up by nades tonight, so I took a tally of the activities. I found that over about a four minute period. There were 59 kills caused by grenades. And 64 kill due to guns. This is sad. I will admit that when I was ranking I grenade whored it up. And I would get first place almost every time. But know I am trying to make it more difficult on myself by using the m16 and sniper rifle. And its not that I'm not good with the guns... but i get hit with a grenade every ten seconds or whenever I spawn. My question is... How the heck do we go about getting activision to take out the 3frag perk. Is anyone else as annoyed as I am about this?

Lol Im So Bad With Nades i always forget to use em. . . xD i never get any kills. .But My badass skills with knife and guns make up for it

Comment

heck ya

Originally posted by xXxAkABoXeRxXx View Post
      Lol Im So Bad With Nades i always forget to use em. . . xD i never get any kills. .But My badass skills with knife and guns make up for it
      I hear ya man thats what I'm talking about. It just that you don't even get to use those skill because of random nades always hitting you in the face.

Comment

I HATE GRENADES!

But... they are part of the game and doubt they are gonna go anywhere. So gotta get used to it.

Comment

You get yourself a server and take the grenades out. Thats how you do it.

Another reason people are grenade happy....No team kills. By default there is no friendly fire. Turn that puppy on and I bet there will be less nades.

The night mod map would also work. Hard to throw nades when you cant see.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

i dont know how i did it, but i managed to convince a 32 TDM server playing bog to make a deal and use no nades, martydom or GL's, and to my surprise everyone in the server stuck to it for that map, i think all of us were impressed at the far better game we all had.

Comment

At least it's better than Battlefield 2, where people could just keep rearming their own grenade supply.

I agree though, on smaller maps such as bog, and don't mention shipment, 90% of people run around with a grenade launcher/grenade/marty.

Comment

I was playing (badly) on a server last night with Kill Cam on, and I couldn't help but laugh at how many times the Kill Cam replay was some guy staring up at the sky, throwing his frag grenades out of view. Great job, random chucker!

Comment

What size servers are you playing on? Most games with more then 20+ people get spammy real quick. With that many people, it's an effective tactic. Play on smaller servers and the number of grenades rain from the sky fall dramatically.

You still get choice grenade spam time/places, like near the bomb early in Sabotage, near the center control point in Domination, or the HQ in any game of Headquarters. But you come to expect those and can adjust your tactics accordingly.

Comment

I find playing on FF=ON servers helps immensely, but finding said servers can be a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozendorph View Post
                      I was playing (badly) on a server last night with Kill Cam on, and I couldn't help but laugh at how many times the Kill Cam replay was some guy staring up at the sky, throwing his frag grenades out of view. Great job, random chucker!
                      !YES!, someone who was actually surprised! that they got a kill. Killcam is great it pointed out just how skilled //l33t\\ they are (LOL). The 3 frag is not the problem, FF is a part of the prob, and Activision should fix the spawn camp, I had 20 deaths on a server and 10 of them were within 1 second after spawning, you should either get 5 secs or spawn in a place that is safe. I know its a military action game but the amount of spawn killing is ridiculous.

Comment

I don't like to whine, but I'm sure 'nade spam, air strikes, and choppers account for more than half my deaths. I guess that's war for ya, but it leaves a bit to be desired.

Comment

Yeah, I get killed one to two steps away from spawning about 30-40% of my deaths. It sux to spawn, try to figure out where you are and immediately die...

I've found that playing less than 16 players helps with this. I keep trying the larger games of 24 and 32 players and just can't stand them. There are so many frags, air strikes and constant helos that it just is chaos which encourages camping.

I like to flank the enemy ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                            i dont know how i did it, but i managed to convince a 32 TDM server playing bog to make a deal and use no nades, martydom or GL's, and to my surprise everyone in the server stuck to it for that map, i think all of us were impressed at the far better game we all had.
                            That's pretty good. I had a similar experience a couple days ago...on WETWORK (!) if you can believe it!

The map started, and I typed into the chat: "*groan* this map = nade spam "

And others responded saying "it doesn't have to be". Well, I guess most of the people were non-n00bs, because only "useful" nades were used, instead of the constant nade-rain that map often becomes. It was actually really enjoyable.

As with GL's and other things, it's all about the people you play with on the server.

Comment

You learn to move when a nade is near you. I like the chaos of nades blowing up all over the place. Plus, there is a BIG picture of a nade that appears on your screen when you're near one.

People complain about dying from nades, noob tubes, snipers, automatics, perks, etc etc. Go play a diff game people. :yay::nod:

Comment

Working...
                              X