No announcement yet.

Clan Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what are you arguing about? We all agree 0=0 and not 0=not 0.

Nic's point, as I read it, is that players can play together (select a good kit mix, stick together and cap flags, etc.) and exhibit teamwork without being uber skilled players. I see it all the time and I agree.

As to the OP's question, Sydus hit the nail on the head. Most people join a clan for the social aspects/benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
      Im not talking about uber skill, or competitive skill. Im talking about basics, knowing how to aim the rifle, where to go, what to do, what to use and so forth.
      Please, keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        And someone who knows how to play and knows what to shoot at, has "some skill, experience and awareness" and as such, isnt really a "noob" per se.
        Just coz you know what to shoot at doesnt mean your any good...

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
          But at least you know what to shoot and as such can actually be of any use.

I still remember my AA days, when I was new to FPS games. A map where youre with Iraqi policement against insurgents. Once I spawned, I saw my US guys and some "different looking folks". Guess what I did? Guess what the guys over the vent did?

Sorry, Aimpoint Assassins, Im much better at this now :laugh:

Comment

Gomer Pyle was a team player too.

Shazam!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
              But at least you know what to shoot and as such can actually be of any use.

I still remember my AA days, when I was new to FPS games. A map where youre with Iraqi policement against insurgents. Once I spawned, I saw my US guys and some "different looking folks". Guess what I did? Guess what the guys over the vent did?

Sorry, Aimpoint Assassins, Im much better at this now :laugh:
              And so his fiery path of destruction begins again... LOL

Originally posted by Alex98uk
              Well, half the time it's because the person has been on Teamspeak and is a generally cool guy to talk to. I have played with a few pretty awful players, but they were the nicest people ever to talk to and did a lot for the community.
              But seriously ask yourself do they get any battle time? Sure they are nice and fun to hang out with, those guys are more like cool bench warmers and water boys, but would you really take them into battle to have your backs? Everyone knows nice guys finish last.

Originally posted by Nicfurious29&SyDuS
              what does being good have to do with being in a clan, i guess you don't really know what a gaming clan is. only maybe 1% of clans are in the least bit competitive, most clans are out to have fun and chat on TS/Vent while playing games together. and most people are recruited because they are on the clans server alot and get to know people on Vent. filling out an application to a clan doesn't require you to be pro in most clans, just that you FIT in with them. that is the most important thing. also too anyone can put up a tag when they feel like it, so really anyone can be in a clan when ever they feel like it.
              That means I never really had played the game for fun... I guess being ownage and at the top of the list isn't really all that fun... you're right, it's more fun being killed and then TEABAG. I have so much to learn about being a loser. XD

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
              a noob's efforts is not 0. its only 0 if hes standing in the server afk. just as long as he knows how to play the game and knows what to shoot at, he has some effort.
              True they are very good for meat shields.

and 90% of all the clans ive been in were just with friends from school. we played for fun. winning isnt everything
              90%of the clans you been in are friends... who only plays for fun and winning is not everything. I think it's time to get a new clan and new friends then perhaps you'll think of winning differently. Nothing but love for your ConstriptVirus, I just don't wanna see wasted talents

Originally posted by Jlspence
              So what are you arguing about? We all agree 0=0 and not 0=not 0.

Nic's point, as I read it, is that players can play together (select a good kit mix, stick together and cap flags, etc.) and exhibit teamwork without being uber skilled players. I see it all the time and I agree.

[b]As to the OP's question, Sydus hit the nail on the head. Most people join a clan for the social aspects/benefits[b]
              Lol, so when did gaming clans turn into book clubs?

Originally posted by waaah_wah
              And... not knowing where you shoot makes you better?

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk View Post
                But seriously ask yourself do they get any battle time? Sure they are nice and fun to hang out with, those guys are more like cool bench warmers and water boys, but would you really take them into battle to have your backs? Everyone knows nice guys finish last.

In case you didnt know, BF2 is a game. "...take them into battle" WTF?!

That means I never really had played the game for fun... I guess being ownage and at the top of the list isn't really all that fun... you're right, it's more fun being killed and then TEABAG. I have so much to learn about being a loser. XD

Whats fun for you isnt nessessary fun for others. I usually play with a couple of friends while we all are on VT to have a good time.

90%of the clans you been in are friends... who only plays for fun and winning is not everything. I think it's time to get a new clan and new friends then perhaps you'll think of winning differently. Nothing but love for your ConstriptVirus, I just don't wanna see wasted talents

Who cares if your "talented" in a GAME?

And... not knowing where you shoot makes you better?

And WTF are you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                  Does this forum have problems with people actually reading and understanding before posting? Theres a perfect example of it above this post.
                  Waaah wah you obviously don't know what you are talking about so please do not reply here again =) why don't you try to answer posts with legitimate responses?

In case you didnt know, BF2 is a game. "...take them into battle" WTF?!
                  You should clearly know what this meant, regardless if you are 10 or not.
                  Whats fun for you isnt nessessary fun for others. I usually play with a couple of friends while we all are on VT to have a good time.
                  You always speak of this playing for fun crap but I have never seen you define this fun of yours?

Who cares if your "talented" in a GAME?
                  If I'm talented in a game, chances are I'm talented in life as-well for they both use the usage of brain, commitment, efficient and productive skills to take you somewhere. So before you phrase your idiot response there think back in your life and ask yourself if you were ever talented in something besides crying.

Comment

If I'm talented in a game, chances are I'm talented in life as-well for they both use the usage of brain, commitment, efficient and productive skills to take you somewhere. So before you phrase your idiot response there think back in your life and ask yourself if you were ever talented in something besides crying.
                    Ooh, I like that.

And so his fiery path of destruction begins again... LOL
                    Seriously, thinking back just 3 years, when I was completely clueless about how FPS games are played, I cant help but grin and feel curious about how I still managed to have great fun. At the time, a guy introduced me to =AA= clan (Aimpoint Assassins), a bunch of grown up people, ex or present in LE and military alike. Great fun times, but utterly clueless as I came from console SP games at the time, you can imagine the rest.

Newbies = cannon fodder, but I envy them because they can have so much more fun from their rounds.

Comment

Playing for fun: The act of playing and enjoying yourself, rather than breaking a keyboard every time you die.

I play for fun, like to be good, but I am not always. Each day is different. Most of all though, I like to play because I have fun with my clan members and the like. I don´t have to be uber l33t to have fun. Maybe you do, but I don´t, nor do some other people.

Maybe that is why I prefer the mods, over the points are everything spammy game play of BF2. Doesn´t mean I don´t like stats and skill, because I do. But they aren´t all important to me.

I like them to know what they are doing, but if they don´t I have no problem in helping them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex6714 View Post
                        Playing for fun: The act of playing and enjoying yourself, rather than breaking a keyboard every time you die.

I play for fun, like to be good, but I am not always. Each day is different. Most of all though, I like to play because I have fun with my clan members and the like. I don´t have to be uber l33t to have fun. Maybe you do, but I don´t, nor do some other people.

Maybe that is why I prefer the mods, over the points are everything spammy game play of BF2. Doesn´t mean I don´t like stats and skill, because I do. But they aren´t all important to me.

I like them to know what they are doing, but if they don´t I have no problem in helping them.
                        True Alex, but not true is defining it from only one's aspect of view.
                        Playing for fun: can mean on anyone's extent, or how ever one enjoys playing the game that way. So my point is they should not point out that playing for points and victory is not playing for fun. Playing for points and victory doesn't mean I do not cooperate or team-play... in fact for points and victory is solely about team play and domination.

Comment

True Alex, but not true is defining it from only one's aspect of view.
                          I didn´t mean it like that, everyone will see "fun" differently.

Comment

I'm a member of =FU= clan and our requrements for a new member are these:

Be a mature teamplayer, communicate and don't be a drama queen. Well there are some other minor requirements, but basically we don't expect more.

In practise, you need to play with us to gain full membership. We have 4 weeks test period and after that you will get your membership if you have been active enough.

I think most clans are just a bunch of friends playing under some tag, so you could say, being a member in a clan doesn't prove anything.

Here is one bright reading what does it mean if someone is in a clan:

Originally posted by -(UtC)- Iquere « View Post
                            Clan members are usually just as stupid as the rest of the players...

With exceptions obviously.
                            Here is my wisdom that eqauls yours: After long thinking I'm sure, (place a number here) % of the players are more stupid than the others

Comment

All clans are overrated!

Comment

[CPo] is a 'clan' for those who do not want to be in a clan. It stands for 'clan pub noob'. I have seen a few people with the tags, and my brother and I both use it. I take great pride in handing a clan player/squad their ***. I do expect a clan player to be pretty good, but that's not always the case. However, there are some awesome clans out there that I wouldn't mind being part of.

Comment

Working...
                                X