Clan Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clan Members

Do you expect people in a clan to be good or at least know what they are doing? I mean how else would they have gotton into a clan right?

yeah, I always wondered how people can be in a clan, yet be totally clueless about how to play. the only explanation being some clans expand to new games.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Well, half the time it's because the person has been on Teamspeak and is a generally cool guy to talk to. I have played with a few pretty awful players, but they were the nicest people ever to talk to and did a lot for the community.

Comment

what does being good have to do with being in a clan, i guess you don't really know what a gaming clan is. only maybe 1% of clans are in the least bit competitive, most clans are out to have fun and chat on TS/Vent while playing games together. and most people are recruited because they are on the clans server alot and get to know people on Vent. filling out an application to a clan doesn't require you to be pro in most clans, just that you FIT in with them. that is the most important thing. also too anyone can put up a tag when they feel like it, so really anyone can be in a clan when ever they feel like it.

Comment

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^

Seriously RedxInk!! Some of the questions you ask make me wonder just how long you have been gaming online??

Comment

I expect clansmen to have an awareness of the game and how its played. I dont expect them to necessarily have more skill, but I dont expect them to be clueless either.

Comment

The only thing I "expect" from clansmen (this is if theres a few of them in a server) is teamwork. If I am on the opposing team I always expect a bit of teamwork from a clan and usually there is. As to how skillfull they are I never "expect" anything.

Comment

Teamwork requires skill and awareness.

Comment

Clan members are usually just as stupid as the rest of the players...

With exceptions obviously.

Comment

The definition of teamwork is " cooperative effort". It has nothing to do with skills or awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29 View Post
                      The definition of teamwork is " cooperative effort". It has nothing to do with skills or awareness.
                      You sure? Tell me then, teamwork expert, how can one become a teamplayer if his effort equals 0? Or if he doesnt know what a medpack is and what it does?

In physics: No result = No work done

In BF2: No result = wiped out squad of "teamworkers" by me alone

Comment

Chris Im really not arguing here. I stated that I expected teamwork from clansmen and by the definition of teamwork thats all I expect, a cooperative effort.

As to how skilled that effort is I expect nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
                          Chris Im really not arguing here. I stated that I expected teamwork from clansmen and by the definition of teamwork thats all I expect, a cooperative effort.
                          And Im telling you that in order to be a teamworker (and not teamcluelesscannonfodder), you need to have some experience, awareness and skill.

Im not talking about uber skill, or competitive skill. Im talking about basics, knowing how to aim the rifle, where to go, what to do, what to use and so forth.

Comment

a noob's efforts is not 0. its only 0 if hes standing in the server afk. just as long as he knows how to play the game and knows what to shoot at, he has some effort.

and 90% of all the clans ive been in were just with friends from school. we played for fun. winning isnt everything

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                              a noob's efforts is not 0. its only 0 if hes standing in the server afk. just as long as he knows how to play the game and knows what to shoot at, he has some effort.
                              Im sorry, but a noob who finishes the round with 1-0-56, his effort is pretty much as zero as it gets.

And someone who knows how to play and knows what to shoot at, has "some skill, experience and awareness" and as such, isnt really a "noob" per se.

Comment

Working...
                              X