Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should snipers have a limted number per game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't find snipers to be that annoying. I just equip my "Stealth Rusher" and charge their positions. That teaches them to stop camping or that they better team up and fortify their positions. Once you get them boxed in, it's stabby-stabby time. :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips79 View Post
      Yeah, I only had one match that a sniper was driving me nuts. It was on overgrown and we airstriked him. Haha.
      Heck ya thats the way to do it! I mean I dont hate snipers...I do find myself calling them noobs on a spur of the moment when I get shot by one. But looking at the whole picture its not like I havent owned people down range with a 50 cal also. You just gotta adapt! Plus my RPD can easily reach out and cap any sniper even if he ducks down behind a wall! So there really isnt any reason to limit classes!
      :salute:

Comment

As has been said, there's really no reason to limit classes. It just limits options, flattens the game out, and causes additional problems. Besides, how exactly would you limit "snipers"? Limit by Primary weapon type? What about Overkill? What about that evil "fake sniper" with his M14/G3 of doom??

Get creative. Tell them "If you continue to snipe, I'm coming for you with a Red Tiger Scorpion with an ACOG on it. You will be killed by the ugliest weapon ever created." They may change classes out of fear.

Comment

It's really easy to sneak up on them, most people don't even put clays down.

A good example today: I was .50 cal'ing it up on crossfire, people saw what I was doing and decided to follow suit (with their SAW's :S). Anyway, I notice out of the corner of my eye that a guy has just rushed into the lower level of our little "sniper" nest. No one else saw him, so I equip my Desert Eagle and prepare myself. He kills someone downstairs, I attempt to hit him with a stun/frag combo but he avoids it, runs up the stairs and P90's me. He then continues to knife the 3 other guys that were on that floor.... that's right.

Not a single one of them noticed when they were slowly being knifed one by one.

In order to enact revenge (more for my death than the deaths of the guys on my team who were sheerly pants-on-head retarded), I spawned on the lower level and proceeded upstairs whilst he was gutting my teammates and stuck my knife in his backside.

So you see, campers aren't worth bitching about.

Comment

I'd like to limit the numbers of snipers, because there are a lot of retards who can't snipe and you end up being the only one who kills anything because everyone else is sitting in a corner of the map behind a wall of Claymores, crying all over the chat whenever they get killed or you steal a kill or something like that.

Comment

As soon as major changes, like implementing limits, comes into play then I myself and many people will be disappointed, the game is great to play, and if your complaining about snipers, then stop standing still, keep moving and get up close and personal.

Comment

Funny how people all complain about snipers and Q_Q 'til the internet is just as flooded as New Orleans, but then they talk about how they own them and knife the noobs in the back, etc. Shouldn't you be happy for free kills, then?

Comment

The Idea sounds good for limiting snipers but I would have to say no. Players should have the freedom for choosing what class they want to be. Im fine with the idea for modded server though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                    Funny how people all complain about snipers and Q_Q 'til the internet is just as flooded as New Orleans, but then they talk about how they own them and knife the noobs in the back, etc. Shouldn't you be happy for free kills, then?
                    I'm sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick here, but are you talking about me?

'Cus I don't think I complained about snipers :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                      Yeah, I wasnt complaining either. I love free kills.

And I am happy :yay:

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty View Post
                        As soon as major changes, like implementing limits, comes into play then I myself and many people will be disappointed, the game is great to play, and if your complaining about snipers, then stop standing still, keep moving and get up close and personal.
                        Like it's been said, no changes need to be made. If someone wants to run a server with a limit on snipers, all they have to do is run unranked and they can modify all sorts of things.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder
                          I'm sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick here, but are you talking about me?

'Cus I don't think I complained about snipers :hmm:
                          I dunno, I just posted after reading some things in this thread, and in others. Didn't check the names, but reading over your post now, no, you don't seem to be complaining at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X