Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should snipers have a limted number per game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should snipers have a limted number per game?

Just got off a server with 6 sniper on the other team. It was a camp fest. Claymores everywhere. was not fun at all. Any thought's on limiting the number of snipers per team ?

I think it would keep the flow going but I am sure there are reasons for and against. Discuss.

Not by default. The server config allows server operators to limit the number of people who can play any class, but limiting this option means your server will not be ranked.

Anyways, the option already exists and I disagree with having it become mandatory.

Comment

Yeah, please don't limit it!

Reminds me of BF2 - Project Reality limited kits. You'd log on and want to form a sniper team with your clan mates, but wouldn't be able to because there was some lonewolf out doing his own thing.

Comment

Keep in mind anyone can use claymores, so if you restrict snipers you will still be fighting the claymores. Try out the explosives perk 1 ability. My stealth rusher uses it with great success. Puts a huge icon above enemy claymores/c4 for you to see, then blast away.:salute:

Comment

And watch for them lasers. They stick out of walls too. Peak around corners. If someone doesn't know how to plant them correctly, just run past the corner and you can run past the claymore before it blows.

Comment

The biggest problem with limiting weapons is then the case of "Who gets them then?" You invariably end up with someone spamming chat because they want to play sniper. I'd rather disable the weapons all together then limit them.

And no, I wouldn't do it even then. Snipers are powerful in random pub play where no one works together, especially those guys running around with the .50 Cal, a silenced P90, and Overkill. I have yet to see them dominate any kind of organized play however. You know, where people move together, use smoke to cover their advance, etc...

Comment

As others have said, you can limit classes/weapons on unranked servers. That's where it belongs, IMO. Ranked servers should be the same as possible, as fair as possible, for everyone.

Comment

Snipers on the other side is the BEST! Run and dodge, throw some smoke, knfie and shoot em up. Blow up their clays in their faces by shooting at em.

Why would you want to stop that?

My favorite was getting kicked off one server because I was throwing smoke EVERYWHERE and that entire side voted me off because they couldnt see

More good times.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                  Snipers on the other side is the BEST! Run and dodge, throw some smoke, knfie and shoot em up. Blow up their clays in their faces by shooting at em.

Why would you want to stop that?

My favorite was getting kicked off one server because I was throwing smoke EVERYWHERE and that entire side voted me off because they couldnt see

More good times.

Crunch
                  You da man Crunchy! When snipers start voting to kick you, you know you no longer have anything to fear from them.

Happy Hunting.

Comment

Maybe we should make a limit on SMGs in Vacant, it's all rushing and 3xFrag, Q_Q

Comment

Originally posted by Hjodin View Post
                      Just got off a server with 6 sniper on the other team. It was a camp fest. Claymores everywhere. was not fun at all. Any thought's on limiting the number of snipers per team ?

I think it would keep the flow going but I am sure there are reasons for and against. Discuss.
                      I have been saying this for a long time.. cod4 just feels to much like cod4 now a big campfest.. 2 snipers per team would be best.. hell if i had it my way it would no no snipers.. I really cant handle these kids taht sit and camp and think they are good cuz they sit and snipe.. this game was so much better befor this 1.3 crap.. it really did mess it up alot.. even in HQ everyone just sits and camp's and its not only the snipers doing it its the people that dont wanna be taken out by the noob's with them.. they made it way to easy.. I was so happy with the way the game was and of corse all good things must come to an end..

Comment

limit snipers....*slap*

Comment

I'm kinda torn, i don't think putting a limit in would be very smart, but i cant stand snipers and whole heartedly agree with battl3fr0nt.

Comment

What kind of servers are you playing on Battl3front?

Are you random pubbing by yourself, or playing with a clan?

I played about 8hrs this weekend and I saw a few more snipers then usual (to be expected after a patch that made changes to them,) none of them were "dominating" game play though. There were a couple good ones, but that's to be expected with any class.

Comment

Yeah, I only had one match that a sniper was driving me nuts. It was on overgrown and we airstriked him. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X