Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know exactly how many RDX takes out a core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it doesn't Just ignore TrooperJac, he is full of BS.

Comment

I started a server on my computer to try it out and it took 30-35 rdx packs to blast it.

Depends on the placement and making sure to stack 5 everytime to get the biggest bang.

And to comment on the OP, I HATE people who finish off a console that you've been working on. I NEVER do that. I will even stay in the corridor to cover the teammate so he can get it.

The lack of teamplay in this game is pathetic.

Comment

I don't know, but I want the exact stats so we can all know how much ammo to bring along

Comment

Originally posted by DrDanielsson View Post
          It takes lots of RDX to destroy the core, lots and lots and lots, about 30 i'd gues if you didnt use anything else. And yes, the titan core energy is obvious, its the bar in the top middle of the screen covering your titan which takes the place of the ticket count in titan games.
          it takes 20 RDX (or i it might have been 25? but definately not more)... tested it before.... so if 4 guys with a full load of RDX get into the core, then it should put it at critical status if all 20rdx are used(I don't think anything can insta-kill it before it does to critial), then you just pump a few rounds from anything into it and BOOM.

so yes, a well coordinated squad with little defense against them could take the titan down very fast. (don't forget they need to first take down the consoles)

NOTE: this is under ideal conditions and your properly throwing all the RDX INSIDE the core (not just on the casing)... so it could take more if not done perfectly.

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
          Your joking right? Three Runs of 5 RDX (15 RDX) barely takes out 50% of a titan core.
          Your putting it on the outside shell then, and also it seems to take more damage when you do it all at once.... anyways try putting it INSIDE the core

Originally posted by sempf View Post
          if you have placed 5 rdx'es and place the sixt one the first one will disappear so you cant place 8 rdx'es on the titan core
          You can if you have more then one person doing it.

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
          knifing the core works...?!
          if it does it would probably be more effective than guns since a knife swipe does 100dmg to a heavily armoured guy...
          Don't listen to him, knife the core does nothing other then make you look stupid.

Comment

I do put my RDX INSIDE the core (aka on the red glowy part)...

Comment

but doesnt the rdx sort of dissolve into the core when you place it INSIDE? =/

Comment

Nope... It disappears, but it is still there, and when you detonate it it does maximum potential damage

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                  Nope... It disappears, but it is still there, and when you detonate it it does maximum potential damage
                  I didn't know that. I'll try that one out.

Comment

If it is inside the core does it still damage people who are not behind the blast shields?

Comment

For the people saying that it takes a few to blow the core, remember that missiles do damage the core and will make your job a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                        If it is inside the core does it still damage people who are not behind the blast shields?
                        Actually, I'm not sure about this one... We had to turn FF=Off on our Titan server cause of too many nasty TK incidents so I can't test it either :|:

Comment

Can you explain this further?

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
                          For the people saying that it takes a few to blow the core, remember that missiles do damage the core and will make your job a little easier.
                          Does that mean once the missiles have pounded away the shield, and are now impacting the hull, it takes less RDX to blow it? Is it possible then on a really tight game where both Titans are down to the very tip before we even get to the Core that a single load of RDX (say 5 of them) will take it down?

Also, how do you place them in the core? Do you have to kind of jump up and lob them in?

Thanks,
                          DD.

Comment

Yes. Core and hull damage are combined.

Comment

To get them "Inside" The core, just place your RDX onto the Red Glowy part. If you are shooting at the core with any other weapon, either of the red glowy parts are what you want to be aiming at

Comment

hmm when you put them IN the core do they get detonated with everyone else's RDX on the outside?
                                if not, i sense a lot of core KS's coming up =D

Comment

Working...
                                X