Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know exactly how many RDX takes out a core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know exactly how many RDX takes out a core?

I stuck 5 RDX all at once on the core yesterday, and it made a nice big explosion, but then I was left blasting it with my Lambert. Fortunately, just as I was running out of ammo, it blew. Was a good round since I had already blown 3 of 4 consoles. Too bad too, cause I had number 4 ready to go when a fellow recon came along and placed a single RDX and blew it, blowing up my 3 I had just finished placing along with the console. I was literally one second from the Problem Solver pin.

So if I could have either picked up a recon pack to get some more RDX, or find a convenient support guy, how many RDX should I pack on the core to blow it in one go?

Furthermore, how do I tell exactly how far along it is? If I run into the room and a bunch of guys are blasting away at it (no recon), how do I know how close it is to blowing? I read some posts which indicates that it should be obvious, but I can't quite figure it out.

Thanks,
    DD.

It takes lots of RDX to destroy the core, lots and lots and lots, about 30 i'd gues if you didnt use anything else. And yes, the titan core energy is obvious, its the bar in the top middle of the screen covering your titan which takes the place of the ticket count in titan games.

Comment

Id take a duess of 25-30 aswell. The energy of the core (As the above poster stated) is shown on your titan icon.

I love the rush that you get as you run out of the titan and plummet down to the ground... I once jumped over a defener on my way out and he had no idea what was going on...

Comment

I heard once it takes ~20-30 Pilum Shots to take down a core.

Comment

how many motion mines does it take? so motion mines and motion mine bait on the core.

Comment

Motion mines on the titan don't work. Either the mine or the bait fall thru the floor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDanielsson View Post
              It takes lots of RDX to destroy the core, lots and lots and lots, about 30 i'd gues if you didnt use anything else. And yes, the titan core energy is obvious, its the bar in the top middle of the screen covering your titan which takes the place of the ticket count in titan games.
              Ah, didn't know that! Now I see what the other posters were on about.

Tks,
              DD.

Comment

I don't think it takes anywhere near 30. A figure I have heard that seems reasonable is 11.

Comment

Your joking right? Three Runs of 5 RDX (15 RDX) barely takes out 50% of a titan core.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                    Your joking right? Three Runs of 5 RDX (15 RDX) barely takes out 50% of a titan core.
                    I agree. Sometimes i lay down like 8 RDX on the core because there is a supply box behind me and i keep pulling out RDX and aren't close to taking it out when i set it off. So 30 or so sounds about right

Comment

if you have placed 5 rdx'es and place the sixt one the first one will disappear so you cant place 8 rdx'es on the titan core

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
                        I agree. Sometimes i lay down like 8 RDX on the core because there is a supply box behind me and i keep pulling out RDX and aren't close to taking it out when i set it off. So 30 or so sounds about right
                        Errr...I am confused? 8 RDX? You shouldn't be able to place more than 5. The others should disapear if you are restocking from an ammo hub. Same as with motion mines, apms, sentries and others. You can't place more than you have in your stock loadout. Thus no wonder it has no more effect that blowing 5 RDX.

Comment

yea you still used 5 LOL, you should have blown em and resupplied.
                          don't you HATE it when there are like 4 recons, each chooses his own spot on the core and plants his 5 rdx then waits for everyone else to blow first so they hopefully get the kill, then they all die from a grenade or something? =\

Comment

11 RDX and a couple of slashes with the knife will do the job

Comment

knifing the core works...?!
                              if it does it would probably be more effective than guns since a knife swipe does 100dmg to a heavily armoured guy...

Comment

Working...
                              X