AK-47 vs M4 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK-47 vs M4 Carbine

A lot of threads and discussions have been made about these guns and you see a lot of them on the battlefield. I've used both of them for quite a while and I'm still not sure which one I prefer.

So I made this thread for ya'll to discuss which guns is best in your opinion and why.

AK-47 with Silencer ----- M4 with Silencer
    Stun nade ------------------- Stun nade
    3x Special nades ------- 3x Special nades
    Stopping Power --------- Stopping Power
    Steady Aim ----------------- Steady Aim

Those are the kits, exactly the same except for the gun. So which one will rack up the most kills and win the match?

Its based on the player and the situation, not the the gun.

Comment

M4 Seems to be better over distance in my opinion, but the GOLDEN AK is worth it .

Comment

The M4 for all around use and the AK-47 for close range.. the M4 does work well with close range to but the AK is just a little bit better for CQC. but in RL it would be alot different.. the AK would pwn the M4 in pretty much every way cept 200 + yrd..

Comment

I find I do better with the AK-47 than the M4, the M4 can sometimes feel fumbly and messy, especially close range. M4 works great medium range, like a longer range SMG.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse
            M4 Seems to be better over distance in my opinion, but the GOLDEN AK is worth it .
            I have it and the golden AK looks actually quite crappy without teh shiney

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
              The M4 for all around use and the AK-47 for close range.. the M4 does work well with close range to but the AK is just a little bit better for CQC. but in RL it would be alot different.. the AK would pwn the M4 in pretty much every way cept 200 + yrd..
              200 yards if you are a professional who isn't moving and is on the ground.

The AK is pretty useless beyond 150+ on the move. (IE. standing up, with loads of stuff going around you)

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                200 yards if you are a professional who isn't moving and is on the ground.

The AK is pretty useless beyond 150+ on the move. (IE. standing up, with loads of stuff going around you)
                yeah u have to be resting the gun on somthing it is still kinda bad but i can hit within the size of the avg body at the range.. pretty much all AR's are that way with long range but the AK more then others..

Comment

Yeap, I have fired an AK while resting it between sandbags, couldn't hit shiet at 200 yards.

On a ranch, under superivision, for all you law abiding citizens.

Comment

That's all very nice, cookies for everyone!!

But I'm actually more interested about your opinions on the AK and M4 in the game, not the real life version

Comment

Originally posted by Ferali View Post
                      That's all very nice, cookies for everyone!!

But I'm actually more interested about your opinions on the AK and M4 in the game, not the real life version
                      Lol :P

The M4 has practically no recoil so it is much easier weapon to use, but i'm not really a fan of AR's anyway and haven't used em all that much.

Comment

If pushed i would have to take the M4, i just find it to be a more all-rounded gun, a little clumsy in close combat, but its fairly efficient at mid range, esp on hardcore where the low damage isn't too much of an issue.

The AK kicks like a mule at range but is fairly powerful in close combat, but there's better options for that as well.

just my 2 pence :salute:

Comment

*Shrug* I have both of them as kits, but I seriously think there is nothing better than a silenced AK at close range, it beats any smg.

Comment

I prefer the AK-47, because the M4 is a media-hyped piece of crap.

[spoil=Here are some facts about ARs to end the RL discussion:]
                            Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                            pretty much all AR's are that way with long range but the AK more then others..
                            With a good AR a trained person can hit targets 600-800 yards away (depending on the rifle)... both the M16 and the G36 perform much better than other ARs at long range. That's probably the reason why they only put in the less precise G36C. The normal G36 is just too much better than the other ARs.

That being said, AK-47 and M4 are equally bad for long range, both somewhere around 400 yards effective range.

Especially the M4 performs very bad for a modern AR. Overheating, unreliable and unprecise because of the short barrel. It's totally overrated in movies and games.
                            The AK-47 on the other hand is probably one of the most reliable guns and between those two I'd chose it over a M4 in any game or real war situation [/spoil]

After some more playing I gotta say there's no way around the M4. It's just too damn good in this game. They're both great weapons, you really can't pick the wrong one.

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
                              I prefer the AK-47, because the M4 is a media-hyped piece of crap.

[spoil=Here are some facts about ARs to end the RL discussion:]

With a good AR a trained person can hit targets 600-800 yards away (depending on the rifle)... both the M16 and the G36 perform much better than other ARs at long range. That's probably the reason why they only put in the less precise G36C. The normal G36 is just too much better than the other ARs.

That being said, AK-47 and M4 are equally bad for long range, both somewhere around 400 yards effective range.

Especially the M4 performs very bad for a modern AR. Overheating, unreliable and unprecise because of the short barrel. It's totally overrated in movies and games.
                              The AK-47 on the other hand is probably one of the most reliable guns and between those two I'd chose it over a M4 in any game or real war situation [/spoil]
                              Actually, the new AK's have an effective range of 500+ yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X