Battlefield 2142 II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2142 II?

I personally don't like how Battlefield 2142 turned out. From this trailer, the game looked like it was going to be cool, and maybe have a singleplayer campaign.

The game has cool music and a storyline, but yet does not share the same cinematic quality of that trailer. I'm only interested in it much because of the said storyline - I want to make a fanfiction that shares a cinematic quality with that trailer.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also, the game looked way better in the original alpha. They dumbed it down a whole lot - the minimap looked better, the titans were a lot more 'realistic', and generally it just looked better.

Generally, there are many ways Battlefield 2142 could have been way better. It's a real shame there was no singleplayer campaign.

Also, I made a petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bf2142fix/

inst that just an old trailer?

Comment

thats a stupid game

Comment

Umm bf3?

Comment

BF3 has no storyline so far, just some thing between the US and MEC. They should atleast expand the whole universe to more than one game.

Comment

Since when did bf have a storyline,i just want some kickass multiplayer!

Comment

When I play a game I like it to have some motivation. Would you wanna watch a movie with guns and blood and cool action but no storyline?

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo
                Since when did bf have a storyline,i just want some kickass multiplayer!
                bf1942 was about historical battles,bfv was trying to back that up

Bf2 was money marketing kiddy crap:laugh:

bf2142 is because they seen the kiddy crap gobbled up and thought they could sell a mod to those noobs

bf3 will be worse because its about a true slaughter of a country and yes no story what so ever

Comment

Cod4:mw Ftw!!!!

Comment

Battlefield 2142 has a great storyline, and the first trailer for the game was highly cinematic. The one problem is that the graphics are poor, and the game is buggy. Also, it is a shame that it dosn't have a storyline - I would have loved to play as a character voiced by the guy in the trailer I mentioned. Also, the game looked way better in the E3 alpha videos. I propose that the game be redone on the frostbite engine.
                    No. If you want single player then there are tons of other games better suited for you. BF excels in multiplayer, and I would hate to see that damaged by the need to add more single player functionality.

Storylines are great in singe player, but I don't care to play through the same narrative and scripted sequences a hundred times. In BF you create your own storyline in each round.

And I would much prefer to see a completely new game on the frostbite engine, I have no intention of buying the same game again just for some minor visual upgrades.

Comment

BF2142 is by far the best BF game in my opinion, but there are still things that they could have made better.

Personally I think they didn't take the concept of the game far enough. I'm not saying they should bring in laser guns and stuff, but it's far into the future and they could have done it better.

Like gravity cushions instead of parachutes, now that would have been cool.

BF isn't made as SP games but it would be cool to see a campaign as well together with the best multiplayer games ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_*** View Post
                        Cod4:mw Ftw!!!!
                        Yeah, although i can't play the MP, because Punkbuster doesn't like me and kicks me for not having PunkbusterB initiated or something.

Comment

Originally posted by -(UtC)- Iquere « View Post
                          BF2142 is by far the best BF game in my opinion, but there are still things that they could have made better.

Personally I think they didn't take the concept of the game far enough. I'm not saying they should bring in laser guns and stuff, but it's far into the future and they could have done it better.

Like gravity cushions instead of parachutes, now that would have been cool.

BF isn't made as SP games but it would be cool to see a campaign as well together with the best multiplayer games ever made.
                          I like how down to earth it is, with no laser guns.

Don't you agree though that the game looked better in the alpha? In the beta all these people complained about everything and they dumbed the game down.

Comment

Haven't seen any screens from the alpha and I didn't play the beta...

You have any alpha screens? (can't find any on google)

Comment

What ruined BF2142 for me is how childish a war game can be, same with BF2 to some extent.

With BF2142 I get absolutely no sense of being in a war, being a soldier, etc. Like some reviewers said about the first BF, it is a kindergarden depiction of a war. But even the first one was more mature than the latest two imho.

BF2142 still has the best inf of any BF game yet, and is the best optimized, but I just can`t play a game that has absolutely no atmosphere and where I keep thinking "Jesus, this is more dumbed down than Tele-Tubbies."

And no, it`s got nothing to do with it taking place in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X