Call of Duty 5 Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 5 Confirmed

Activision Blizzard has confirmed that Call of Duty 5 and Guitar Hero 4 are both in development just hours after news of the company's merger hit the wire. And while the news is unlikely to come as a shock, if Activision Blizzard's recent boasts are anything to go by we could see both of the series reaching bigger and better heights.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of shooting enemies if Call of Duty 5, you have to rock them to death with your awesome Guitar Hero skills?

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
      Maybe, just maybe, instead of shooting enemies if Call of Duty 5, you have to rock them to death with your awesome Guitar Hero skills?
      /fail.

Might be interesting to see what they come up with, will they go back to the WW style or continue on the road to making it modernised.

Comment

Either that or the laser guns and spaceships will be coming out.

Comment

They practically have no where to go but current/modern or future.

They have saturated past wars, WW1, WW2 etc.

Vietnam + Coldwar (1978?) would be nice as an overall game, showing progression through time etc, and your character that ages etc.

Comment

There is only one clear route to take: the Napoleonic wars!

Comment

Call of Duty: The Battle of Hastings 1066 ?

But then, you have the bow and arrow whores

Comment

I'd prefer an expansion by IW. Besides, it may be console only .

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                  They practically have no where to go but current/modern or future.

They have saturated past wars, WW1, WW2 etc.

Vietnam + Coldwar (1978?) would be nice as an overall game, showing progression through time etc, and your character that ages etc.
                  no thank you..

It's going to be another modern type game, It will prolly suck but cod4 will be around for a few more year's so nothing to worry about..

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                    no thank you..

It's going to be another modern type game, It will prolly suck but cod4 will be around for a few more year's so nothing to worry about..
                    Exactly my point, they are running out of ideas.

Comment

I think they could consider some of the other conflicts that have gone one in the past few years, im not ready to see some futuristic themed games from them just yet .

Comment

No suprise there, CoD is a goldmine. There will be a 6 and a 7. Now when it comes to 5 then I doubt IW will be making it= crap.

CoD6 should take place in the future. There are absolutely no good, semi-realistic, tactical FPSs out there that take place in the future. DICE tried, but they failed. I`m sure IW can come up with something good.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                          No suprise there, CoD is a goldmine. There will be a 6 and a 7. Now when it comes to 5 then I doubt IW will be making it= crap.

CoD6 should take place in the future. There are absolutely no good, semi-realistic, tactical FPSs out there that take place in the future. DICE tried, but they failed. I`m sure IW can come up with something good.
                          i would really like to see a good future FPS.

Comment

What they should do, and would be insanely awesome and epic... would be the Cold War turned hot.

What if the thousands of hundreds of Soviet Tanks rolled into Western Germany?

What if a real big time invasion of Cuba came to be? (not the Bay Of Pigs invasion btw, a real all out Marines amphib operation.)

What if, what if, what if... the storytellers over at IW would have a field day with this idea.

I can just imagine a scene as you playing as American Infantry lined up with Anti-tank missiles, with M1's at your side, facing out to a smoke covered, shelled landscape. You've got air support at the ready... and Apaches hovering in the air behind, already firing of Hellfires. When Russian T80's, and BMP's come bursting through the smoke cover...

Amazing. :nod:

Comment

How much sugar have you eaten?

Comment

Working...
                              X