why can't we put down a new beacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't we put down a new beacon?

I don't have a problem that the spawn beacon pods can't move at all right now... if somebody is spawn camping mine, fine.. I just won't spawn there anymore... but my problem lies in the fact if they never destroy it and just camp it forever then you can never get your beacon back! It won't let you put down a new one till the old one is destroyed.... so why don't they work like turrets (where if you put down a new one the old one is destroyed).... anyone think that it would be acceptable now since we cannot move at all while podding now?

Or at least be able to put a new one down if you've died since the first one was put down (as in don't allow them to resupply a new one and put down a new one in the same life to avoid them beacon hopping).... I don't see any problem in it if they must die first before they can put down a new one. Please, I hate when people are jerks and camp my spawn beacon all round just so I can't use it anymore, even if I want to put it down elsewhere.

I agree, especially now that you can continuously deploy drones. Since they effectively "nerfed" the spawn beacon, would be nice to see some positive points to it's deployment to weigh it out.

The other bad one is that sometimes beacons magically vanish (I love that one), and even better, if the SL puts down a beacon and it gets destroyed but he doesn't die, you can't spawn on him, gotta wait for him to die. Great!

Comment

they won't. they want us to stop playing the game. look how they keep messing it up. :evil:

Comment

Camping the beacon

Best way is to go recon cloak up and knife them while they are waiting for you to spawn from the beacon. BTW only really works when you not too far away with an already capped flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn
          If the SL puts down a beacon and it gets destroyed but he doesn't die, you can't spawn on him, gotta wait for him to die. Great!
          If he places another beacon and recover it (pressing G) you can spawn on him.

Comment

Another dumb beacon glitch is when you put one down and it doesn't do anything. It leaves your inventory, you say "Squad, Beacon is now active!" and there it is, sitting on the ground... But it is unusable :|: I have had two of MY beacons sitting next to each other (You can place another if yours is just an "Empty Shell", assuming you got resupplies and/or died) and only one of them works. Retarded if you ask me...

Comment

I think the beacons have always had this problem and it is nothing new in this patch.

Comment

Yes they have. We are talking about EA giving them a little boost, and or fixing the numerous problems the beacon already has.

Comment

how hard is it to spawn at another location and go kill the beacon campers? They are so absorbed into the camping the beacon that they make easy prey. Kill them all, pick up the beacon and redeploy to another area. Beacons should be moved around so the enemy can't camp them as easily. I also find that if you have a beacon in one spot all round you never really have your squad with you. A squad running together is the most powerful weapon in the game. Beacon's should be a temporary spawn point to get people in the area quickly.

It does suck that blowing one up prevents people from spawning on you till you die. I don't find it much of a problem because i only use the beacon when i have to. I would much rather have my team spawn directly on me rather than some remote area of the map making them easy prey for the enemy.

Comment

you brought me on a idea maybe i should make it so if you place a beacon down you get2 sentrys surrounding it :O

Comment

Well...that teaches you to better place beacons then - its good tactics by them, to deny you the usage of the beacon. Not letting you place a beacon when you have another one up has always been the case lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lunien View Post
                        Well...that teaches you to better place beacons then - its good tactics by them, to deny you the usage of the beacon. Not letting you place a beacon when you have another one up has always been the case lol
                        Ahm... better places for your beacon? UM, yea... you do realize that whenever you USE the beacon it leaves a smoke trail behind the pod for a couple seconds that you can see? All you gotta do if you think there is beacon nearby is LOOK at the sky... and wait for somebody to try and use thier beacon. Not only can you tell when and where they are gonna spawn, but it leads you right to the close vacinity of where the beacon is.

So don't give me that bs excuse.

Originally posted by Dtneter
                        you brought me on a idea maybe i should make it so if you place a beacon down you get2 sentrys surrounding it :O
                        Don't be silly now.

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                        how hard is it to spawn at another location and go kill the beacon campers? They are so absorbed into the camping the beacon that they make easy prey. Kill them all, pick up the beacon and redeploy to another area. Beacons should be moved around so the enemy can't camp them as easily. I also find that if you have a beacon in one spot all round you never really have your squad with you. A squad running together is the most powerful weapon in the game. Beacon's should be a temporary spawn point to get people in the area quickly.

It does suck that blowing one up prevents people from spawning on you till you die. I don't find it much of a problem because i only use the beacon when i have to. I would much rather have my team spawn directly on me rather than some remote area of the map making them easy prey for the enemy.
                        How hard? not really IF you can get to them...and that can be a big IF.... see the whole point of the spawn beacon is that it lets you spawn behind enemy lines and gives you some staying power so you can actually capture something back there... now that you can't pod surf, you actually have to fight/sneak/drive whatever your way back there.... and sometimes getting past the enemy front line can be difficult.... and without the beacon you might get way back there just to have somebody that decided to grab their walker or something run into you by chance (even if your being very sneaky it can still happen) then kill you. Yea that's a good way to help your team right? Waste all that time sneaking back there so you can just die back there instead of on the front.

You get my point... I mean if it where just a bunch of lame beacon campers, and I could get back to my beacon, then it might not be much a problem.... but in the case I stated, it can be a problem.

Tell me, why are you opposed to what I suggested anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by ThirtyOughtSix View Post
                          Ahm... better places for your beacon? UM, yea... you do realize that whenever you USE the beacon it leaves a smoke trail behind the pod for a couple seconds that you can see? All you gotta do if you think there is beacon nearby is LOOK at the sky... and wait for somebody to try and use thier beacon. Not only can you tell when and where they are gonna spawn, but it leads you right to the close vacinity of where the beacon is.

So don't give me that bs excuse.

Don't be silly now.

How hard? not really IF you can get to them...and that can be a big IF.... see the whole point of the spawn beacon is that it lets you spawn behind enemy lines and gives you some staying power so you can actually capture something back there... now that you can't pod surf, you actually have to fight/sneak/drive whatever your way back there.... and sometimes getting past the enemy front line can be difficult.... and without the beacon you might get way back there just to have somebody that decided to grab their walker or something run into you by chance (even if your being very sneaky it can still happen) then kill you. Yea that's a good way to help your team right? Waste all that time sneaking back there so you can just die back there instead of on the front.

You get my point... I mean if it where just a bunch of lame beacon campers, and I could get back to my beacon, then it might not be much a problem.... but in the case I stated, it can be a problem.

Tell me, why are you opposed to what I suggested anyways?
                          not trying to start a fight, but if you had not been so dependent on pod surfing this would not be an issue. Most of us have been doing this since day one, so we can fight/sneak/drive past the enemy without a struggle. It's called tactics and it's time that you adapt to a new way of playing the game. Get a squad and stop running around solo and the problem is solved.

Comment

By better places I meant hard to get places...like on a roof. They have to spend time to get up there, giving you time to get yourself ready for them. If you sneak behind the enemy lines, they shouldn't even be looking in your direction, so you podding in shouldn't be noticed either. If someone notices you, you weren't far enough behind the enemy lines or you weren't sneaky enough.

Besides, think of it this way - 3 more people spawn camping your beacon is 3 less people on the frontlines. If getting past the frontline is difficult, then their defense is good, and you have to fight your way through. Like Killerus said, pod surfing shouldn't be the solution, you're SUPPOSED to fight/sneak/drive your way there.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                              not trying to start a fight, but if you had not been so dependent on pod surfing this would not be an issue. Most of us have been doing this since day one, so we can fight/sneak/drive past the enemy without a struggle. It's called tactics and it's time that you adapt to a new way of playing the game. Get a squad and stop running around solo and the problem is solved.
                              LMAO! WTF are you talking about dude? this has nothing to do with pod surfing.... I never moved more then a few meters with the pod (with the exception being if like the whole enemy team was already doing it to us, fair is fair)..... in fact it annoyed the hell out of me. I'm glad to see it go. I'm just saying now you can't even move an inch while coming down... and there's no way to retreive it... hell before everyone figured out a way to move the pods I was already complaining about this problem of not being able to retrieve your beacon if they camp it.

And it's not even the camping itself that annoys me, only that I can never get it back if that's all they do the whole time.... usually they stop if nobody comes down on the beacon anymore out of boredom.... but I play on public servers... and usually there's some dude on your squad that REFUSES to stop spawning there, giving those guys a reason to continue to camp it.... and thus I can never use my beacon for the rest of the round.

But the bottom line is I'm glad pod surfing is gone! Good riddens.... but now we just need a way to retrieve the beacon so that we can use it after it's position had been compromised.

Originally posted by Lunien View Post
                              By better places I meant hard to get places...like on a roof. They have to spend time to get up there, giving you time to get yourself ready for them. If you sneak behind the enemy lines, they shouldn't even be looking in your direction, so you podding in shouldn't be noticed either. If someone notices you, you weren't far enough behind the enemy lines or you weren't sneaky enough.

Besides, think of it this way - 3 more people spawn camping your beacon is 3 less people on the frontlines. If getting past the frontline is difficult, then their defense is good, and you have to fight your way through. Like Killerus said, pod surfing shouldn't be the solution, you're SUPPOSED to fight/sneak/drive your way there.
                              Well first of all, it's no longer easy to get the pods to land on the roof, its almost luck at this point..... second, I was never a fan of roof camping. I feel it's very cheap. Thrid, some servers don't allow that anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X