Film Horror @ Karkand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Film Horror @ Karkand

wow u people are all morons, its just a glitch. it doesn't happen for a reason, it just happens at any given point of a match.

Comment

Originally posted by [STO] Killer Dragon View Post
      wow u people are all morons, its just a glitch. it doesn't happen for a reason, it just happens at any given point of a match.
      That must be sarcasm. Because its not a glitch, nor does it happen at any random given point. Test it out before you start trying to call folks out. "Moron."

Comment

since theres confusion let me clear the air. the taunt is only accessible if you have bought 2142 and you reserved your screen name using the veterans program. it was added into the game with the 1.4 patch and its in everyones files but your only going to be able to use it if you own and registered with the veterans program for 2142.

you yourself are not going to hear it when you taunt a dead player, only he or others around you will hear it and sometimes its buggy to say the least, i don't think ive gotten it to work correctly yet and i think it has issues with ea down loader versions of 2142, i think you have to have the dvd version of 2142 installed for it to work. you use the enemy spotted camo rose option while standing directly over a dead soldier, its most heard by or from commanders because they sometimes spot a dead enemy after doing a scan. heres a old thread all about it:

and heres a youtube video featuring the 3 different laughs.

TAUNT VIDEO

Comment

I don't own 2142 and I have never heard them.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
            since theres confusion let me clear the air. the taunt is only accessible if you have bought 2142 and you reserved your screen name using the veterans program. it was added into the game with the 1.4 patch and its in everyones files but your only going to be able to use it if you own and registered with the veterans program for 2142.

you yourself are not going to hear it when you taunt a dead player, only he or others around you will hear it and sometimes its buggy to say the least, i don't think ive gotten it to work correctly yet and i think it has issues with ea down loader versions of 2142, i think you have to have the dvd version of 2142 installed for it to work. you use the enemy spotted camo rose option while standing directly over a dead soldier, its most heard by or from commanders because they sometimes spot a dead enemy after doing a scan. heres a old thread all about it:

and heres a youtube video featuring the 3 different laughs.

TAUNT VIDEO

I dont own 2142, I never pre-registered via the veterans program for 2142 nor has it ever been installed on my computer. I have heard this laugh before EA released 2142. Serriously, it was out before the 1.41 patch. You are freaking killing me here. MAYBE there werent 3 laughs, but there was atleast 1 laugh. Maybe it was put out in the 1.4 patch, my memory could be wrong. Heres a cut / paste from the thread you mentioned.

EA Support wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your response. After further review of the new verbal taunt for Battlefield 2, I can inform you of the following. This informaiton will later be posted on the official website.

The verbal taunt is activated by “spotting” an enemy player who is in a “man down” state (ie dead or critically wounded). The rules for how often it can be used are governed by the servers radio spam settings in the same manner as all player messages.

In order to use the taunt you must have registered for the veterancy program, and have both BF2 and 2142 installed. The actual taunt is a random selection of one of three possible sounds.

I apologize for not being able to give you this information in the previous e-mail. Let me know if you have other questions.

Regards,

EA Rep Kalag
            Player Relations
            Electronic Arts

Poor EA Rep Kalag. He must be pretty far down the EA chain. Those guys that answer your e-mails? Yeah, they are the last guys in the loop that find stuff out . . . oh and they probably read / cut / paste from a manual. It sounds like there was some confusion on their end or maybe all of the information didnt get passed down their corporate chain. Maybe they just added a couple extra laughs if you downloaded 2142. Who knows.

Facts are: It was there before 2142. I dont own 2142. I never used the veterans program. I still hear the laugh. I HAVE gone into a server with a buddy of mine (who doesnt own 2142 either) and made the laugh occur EXACTLY as I outlined it above. I can make the laugh occur again if I wish.

I dont know when the taunt was released, but it is NOT connected with a commitment to 2142 (via the veteran program).

I dont know who all can hear it, but I know I have heard it described in the scenario above.

Someone else test it out and prove me right / wrong.

Comment

It's another useless featured added by EA that no one wanted. Now, instead of "taunting" players, it causes the lack of ability to spot the enemy soldiers near the dead one. It doesn't help to taunt a dead guy when his entire squad is marching to a flag and no one is around to stop them.

I dislike all the unregistered spotting that I do.

Comment

anyone can hear it, its got nothing to do with 2142

killing an enemy who was already injured and spotting him will do it I think, I think you have to do this like right after your teammate has injured him

so its gona be like you are laughing for stealing his kill

I did it like this a few times and a heard it a bunch of times while commanding

Comment

Originally posted by Daestavi View Post
                  You guys are killing me here.

That laugh has been there since before 2142. I believe that it has been there since the release of BF2. Someone on the forum here mentioned they found the audio file somewhere in the BF2 dir.

Anyway, here is the REAL cause for the crazy laugh in BF2. You can test it out for yourself, but its all about timing.

The laugh is caused when you spot an enemy at nearly the same exact moment that the spotted enemy dies. It does not matter if your the commander or not. The reason most folks hear it as commander is because you tend to spot more while your commanding. Thus you have more opportunities to get a well timed spot with an enemies death. Increasing the odds of you hearing the laugh. Again, you DONT have to be commander to hear this.

The only difficult part is timing this with respect to your latency. Just get a buddy, hit an empty server and test it out. Eventually you will hear it.

Yes he is right thats is when it happens but the timing has to be spot on.
                  I did it before about 8 times in one round at IO karkand when things get crazy.
                  I tent to do it alot coz i like to spot out an enemy before i cap him just in case i get killed, my team mates can sort him out before he gets to our base,or if he suddenly goes round a corner and i lose sight of him i still know where he is.

Comment

I've done "enemy forces spotted", and it didn't register to the other players, and nothing came from me. WTF

Comment

Facts are: It was there before 2142. I dont own 2142. I never used the veterans program. I still hear the laugh. I HAVE gone into a server with a buddy of mine (who doesnt own 2142 either) and made the laugh occur EXACTLY as I outlined it above. I can make the laugh occur again if I wish.

I dont know when the taunt was released, but it is NOT connected with a commitment to 2142 (via the veteran program).

I dont know who all can hear it, but I know I have heard it described in the scenario above.

Someone else test it out and prove me right / wrong.

anyone can hear it but only those who registered for the veterans program and own 2142 can use it. the files were added with the 1.31 patch witch yes came out before 2142, the veterans program was like a month prior to the 2142 release. there are tons of threads on this very site and at the ea support page all about it.

Comment

There are many odd and scray sounds in both BF2 and 2142.

Karkand: In karkand, if you are alone and no one is in the server, you can heard the sound of either someone oddly laughing or a weird echo sound

Jalalabed: On junkyard flag and the Market flag, you can heard a arab-type song

Mashtuur City: if you are alone and no one is in the server, You can heard a some what alarm type sound that is low tone and in the areas of Mosque, Power plant, and North Gas Station

Also, in the booster packs and SF, you can heard odd sounds, too

Warlord, in Warlord, like in Karkand; there is an odd sounding type of low tone laughing, near the right side of the palace, between Mosque and Second Floor of the palace.

Ghost Town, There is an odd low tone sound, kinda like being in an airplace with the air pressure-type of sound, also even some low tow scraming can be heard

Other sounds can be heard on Mass Destruction, Night Flight, and Surge

Midnight Sun, Has a wolf hoaring along with other odd sounds

Operation Harvest, has a lighting effect with a thunder sound to it, along with some oddly placed sounds of glass being blown by the wind

Great Wall, some odd sounds, but nothing really that scray

Ok, for 2142:
                        Belgrade, Cerbere Landing, Fall of Berlin, Camp Gibraltar, and Tunis Harbor all have a odd mix of low tone echoing sounds, odd sounds, some low tow voices in Belgrade and Fall of Berlin, and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                          anyone can hear it but only those who registered for the veterans program and own 2142 can use it. the files were added with the 1.31 patch witch yes came out before 2142, the veterans program was like a month prior to the 2142 release. there are tons of threads on this very site and at the ea support page all about it.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=14066
                          Were going to have to define soemthing here.

When you say "use it" do you mean to be albe to feely taunt someone with the press of a key? Or do you mean to implement it how EA outlined it in the letter?

When I use the phrase "use it" I am refering to the fact that when I spot a recently dead enemy, I then hear the laugh. I control the situation and force the game to play the sound file. I controlled whether or not the sound would occur. So I "used it."

Someone else besides me with only Van BF2 needs to test this out so we can stop this debate.

Comment

Were going to have to define soemthing here.

When you say "use it" do you mean to be albe to feely taunt someone with the press of a key? Or do you mean to implement it how EA outlined it in the letter?

When I use the phrase "use it" I am refering to the fact that when I spot a recently dead enemy, I then hear the laugh. I control the situation and force the game to play the sound file. I controlled whether or not the sound would occur. So I "used it."

Someone else besides me with only Van BF2 needs to test this out so we can stop this debate.
                            yes i mean use it, to taunt someone. your not going to be able to taunt someone unless you have both bf2 and 2142 installed and you reserved your name with the vet program. everyone can hear it though. just check the ea support link i posted, its pretty straight foreword.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god View Post
                              There are many odd and scray sounds in both BF2 and 2142.

Karkand: In karkand, if you are alone and no one is in the server, you can heard the sound of either someone oddly laughing or a weird echo sound

Jalalabed: On junkyard flag and the Market flag, you can heard a arab-type song

Mashtuur City: if you are alone and no one is in the server, You can heard a some what alarm type sound that is low tone and in the areas of Mosque, Power plant, and North Gas Station

Also, in the booster packs and SF, you can heard odd sounds, too

Warlord, in Warlord, like in Karkand; there is an odd sounding type of low tone laughing, near the right side of the palace, between Mosque and Second Floor of the palace.

Ghost Town, There is an odd low tone sound, kinda like being in an airplace with the air pressure-type of sound, also even some low tow scraming can be heard

Other sounds can be heard on Mass Destruction, Night Flight, and Surge

Midnight Sun, Has a wolf hoaring along with other odd sounds

Operation Harvest, has a lighting effect with a thunder sound to it, along with some oddly placed sounds of glass being blown by the wind

Great Wall, some odd sounds, but nothing really that scray

Ok, for 2142:
                              Belgrade, Cerbere Landing, Fall of Berlin, Camp Gibraltar, and Tunis Harbor all have a odd mix of low tone echoing sounds, odd sounds, some low tow voices in Belgrade and Fall of Berlin, and other stuff
                              and in kubra dam, if there's no gunfire or chat spam, you can hear what sounds like a women humming, or singing. it's actually pretty scary. especially when I first heard it and didn't know it was coming from the game

Comment

That karkand one always messed me up. Really freaky. The best place is USMC uncappable on the roof above the gas pumps. And make sure you turn up the volume to at least 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X