Capture the Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture the Flag

Are there any plans for anyone to mod in A Capture The Flag mode?

I've always loved playing it, I know it can be modded in and played on unranked servers just was unsure if anyone had plans of doing it.

-Thanks.

IW said they would try to get back in the game.

No telling when though. They are still working on information for server admins to configure their servers.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

In the meantime, on the IW.com forums, one of the experienced COD2 modders is apparently working on a CTF mod. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
        In the meantime, on the IW.com forums, one of the experienced COD2 modders is apparently working on a CTF mod. Stay tuned.
        Awesome news, thanks guys!

Comment

Whats the difference between capture the flag and headquarters?

Comment

well theres this thing called a flag,and you try to bring it back to your base usually.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo View Post
              well theres this thing called a flag,and you try to bring it back to your base usually.
              I was thinking about conquest on BF2. I remember what it is. Thatll probably be good.

Also, is the mod going to be able to play on ranked servers?

Comment

Mods made by the community cannot be played on ranked servers (mods go into a special folder that automatically identifies a server as changed/unranked.

If Infinity Ward puts it out in an official patch however, then it's possible that it could be ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                  Mods made by the community cannot be played on ranked servers (mods go into a special folder that automatically identifies a server as changed/unranked.

If Infinity Ward puts it out in an official patch however, then it's possible that it could be ranked.
                  I dont care if its ranked or not to be honest, just want to have fun.

Comment

Don't they have a capture the flag game? called domination or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT] View Post
                      Don't they have a capture the flag game? called domination or something like that?
                      Both involve "flags", but it's a different gametype. Here's a pretty good description from Wikipedia:

Domination
                      The objective of Domination is to own (or "dominate") all of the control points on the map. There are usually at least five or six of these control points scattered around the map, and are usually found in key strategic locations. To capture a control point, a player must stand near it with no enemies nearby. After a certain amount of time, the area is captured by your team. Every time a team captures a control point, they add a point to their overall score. To win, a team must either have the higher score when time runs out, or capture all of the control points on the map.

Capture the Flag
                      The more traditional game mode is CTF, or Capture the Flag. The CTF in Call of Duty: United Offensive is very similar to CTF games in Unreal Tournament 2004 or Halo. Each side has a flag that they must protect. The objective is to steal the enemy's flag and take it back to your own to score a point. A team can only score if they have their flag intact. For example, if you take the enemy flag, but the enemy also takes your flag, neither team can score until one of them retrieves their flag. A team wins either by capturing the flag a certain amount of times or capturing the most flags at the end of the game. A limited selection of maps are available for CTF play. Many of the available maps have vehicles available, making it exceedingly difficult to obtain the flag without resorting to large amounts of firepower. This makes the gameplay extreme dynamic and versatile. On CTF maps without vehicles base defence can sometimes involve a large degree of 'camping' but these maps are usually small and compact therefore the emphasis is placed on moving on foot and face-to-face action.

Comment

I would like HTF (Hold The Flag) mode to make a return from CoD 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedno
                          I would like HTF (Hold The Flag) mode to make a return from CoD 2.

Whats that one? What ever happened to King of the Hill?

Comment

Oooh, i absolutely loved CTF i always played it on 24/7 Rhinevalley CTF
                            It was always big fun with me defending the flag with MGs and Flak guns.

Good times, good times...

P.S. It's funny to see how many people haven't played a real CTF game. You guys really have missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperOfsouls View Post
                              Whats that one? What ever happened to King of the Hill?
                              King of the Hill is basically the same as Headquarters mode in COD4.

Comment

Working...
                              X