Let's talk .50 cal, shall we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
    Wow, for one thing, a .50 like the M82 would do only two things to the body it hits.

One, if it hits a inward bodypart (chest, stomach, etc.) it will blow quite a gigantic hole certainly knocking out vital body parts and killing the target.

Two, if the bullet impacts on an outward body part (limb, the head, etc.) a strong hit will blow it completley off, or decaptitate, because of the slow moving .50 bullet and the massive size of the projectile.

A smaller bullet, such as what the R700, and the m40 fires, will not... however decapitate or blow whole limbs off, meaning that a wound to the right spot (Ie. hand... foot... leg, etc.) will not leave the player a meaningless limbless zombie.

The .50 should be a one hit kill to all parts of the body in BOTH hardcore, and regular playing, because of the raw power and size.
    Don't pull the "realistic" bullsh*t, unless you're ready to make everything realistic. Not trying to be crude by saying that, but that's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
      Don't pull the "realistic" bullsh*t, unless you're ready to make everything realistic. Not trying to be crude by saying that, but that's what I think.
      Yet, he is right, So I allow it in here. My topic not yours. He's right, a .50 would make a nice hole anywhere on your body. And maybe a arm or leg about 50feet back.

Comment

With a game though, you always have to be careful to balance realism/authenticity with fun.

As we can all see, IW actually did put in a lot of time and thought to giving this game balance (no, it's not totally perfect, nothing is ). It's quite likely that they tried having the .50 as a 1-shot-kill and it degraded gameplay instead of enhancing it, so they left it to unranked servers to mod it if they like, and to hardcore mode.

Comment

Yet, they should of thought, Since small maps, Less snipers. So it shouldn't of mattered, yet... it did.

Comment

Considering how long it takes to get even one decent shot, and how no one but enemy snipers stand still, you'll almost always get just 1 shot. Then they run off while your scope is swaying all over the place as you frantically hold shift to get the scope steady again. That 1 shot oughta kill.

I don't even like snipers, yet anyone can see they've been a bit over-nerfed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
              Heh I guess... but this is a different issue than making EVERYthing realistic.

Being able to run around with a gigantic .50 cal rifle is unrealistic enough, so is being able to stand and shoot it... and... who the heck wouldn't want the thing to start blowing off limbs?

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
                and... who the heck wouldn't want the thing to start blowing off limbs?
                the guy you shot it at?

Comment

We just need a mod that replaces the Barret with an NTW-20, a 20mm rifle =D

Comment

well i have had the barret a day and treated it like my R700, i have completed all its challenges and dont think i missed a shot! Great sniper rifle. Managed to go 54-4 with it and get called a hacker, i was impressed with the rifle, and the sound it makes is great.

Comment

Ya my favorite part about the awesome sound is to be sitting in a building full of your fellow snipers and for no reason shoot the 50 as fast as you can in quick secession. It makes and obnoxiouly loud noise that will get all of them to look at you like your an idiot!

Comment

^^^^

i have done that a few times haha, except i scared the **** out of my teammates when it happened and they started shooting randomly panicking

Comment

I love when the panic sets in... they're at 6 kills/0 deaths and getting ready to mash "6" to call in the Airstrike before Chopper when... someone starts firing and they're like, I haven't called in the freakin Airstrike, yet!... AAAAAAhhhhh!!! :dead:

It's hilarious.

Comment

lol I hate that!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                              ^^^^

i have done that a few times haha, except i scared the **** out of my teammates when it happened and they started shooting randomly panicking
                              Yep, been there, done that. :laugh: I thought someone had snuck up on me with a shottie, then I realized it was a team-mate nearby with the .50

Comment

Working...
                              X