More Custom Slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Custom Slots

Am i the only one finding myself in a tight situation when it coems to having only 5 slots for the create a class?

I want to take different approaches with different guns in some maps to make my pattern random and not have people figure me out but i find with only 5 customizable slots its hard to do so.

especially considering we cant customize during a round at least give us more slots so we can choose from a wider range instead of the 5 we have.

It would be much better to give us 20 slots and have that wide variety.

What do you think?

I agree but 20 is maybe bit too much.

Comment

i would like to see as many as they can fit on the screen, it doesnt take up a lot of memory and i hate having to decide between which gun i prefer more to take to battle.

This game has too many guns, perks and combinations to give you only 5 slots.

Comment

I think that's an intentional part of IW's game balance. It forces you to think about the role you want to play. Do you want a balanced assortment of classes to allow you more flexibility, or do you want a number of specialized classes all focused on one role?

More often, I've wanted different load outs between different game types, then to mix it up in a single match. The classes I use for TDM are definitely not the ones I want when I play S&D.

This is probably something that can be modded though. If anything, they'll find a way to let you redo the 5 default classes, since no ones uses them anyway.

Comment

Now there's an idea!

Once you reach a certain rank you should be able to throw out the default styles and customize your own. That way you can have a custom kit for each class and then the 5 custom kits you can setup for certain game modes.

Comment

I really like only having 5 choices. If you had 20 you could just switch to a new class everytime you find your current one isn't up to snuff that round, seems kind of silly.

5 choices forces you to decide the play style you want to adopt, and then get good with it

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
              i would like to see as many as they can fit on the screen, it doesnt take up a lot of memory and i hate having to decide between which gun i prefer more to take to battle.

That i agree whit.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post

I agree as well. Actually, if it were feasible, I would have liked to see an infinite amount of custom slots.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbear(SID) View Post
                  I really like only having 5 choices. If you had 20 you could just switch to a new class everytime you find your current one isn't up to snuff that round, seems kind of silly.

5 choices forces you to decide the play style you want to adopt, and then get good with it
                  I agree, five slots makes you have to think more about which weapon and what combo of perks to use. If it were 'so' many, than you wouldn't have to think so much and the weapon balance may be off.

I think it's fine how it is. I do find myself changing one or two every day, it takes me a good ten minutes to get it all sorted out too, but I think that's a good thing. You know, thinking about weapon x's accuracy versus weapon y's accuracy, damage, etc, and so on.

I do often think that more slots would be nice, but I think the limit really helps with balancing the game.

Comment

5 is a little too short for me sometimes. If it were 7 I'd be satisfied.

Comment

i just cant help feel that with every set class you can get 2 or 3 diferent sets for it.

e.g.

Assault Rifle Loud, Quiet, Stealth (and then these for all different assault rifles)

The same can be done with the SMG's, rifles etc.

That requires far more than 5 slots.

Comment

20 is way too much, if it was that many, you'd probably be using at least 1-7, the rest would just be unused.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                          20 is way too much, if it was that many, you'd probably be using at least 1-7, the rest would just be unused.
                          i could guarantee you everyone would be able to fill up those 20 slots and would use them all on a daily basis, changing your pattern and style mid way through a game is a great advantage.

Comment

More slots would certainly be convenient, but as others have said, a lot of things in this game have gone toward balance. Having a class for every situation without having to plan beforehand could well make things too easy.

Comment

you say make things too easy, but surely that would only unbalance itself if one person had it over everyone else who still had only 5 slots to choose from.

Surely if everyone had 20 slots than it would counteract the unbalance of only one person having it, making it the same difficulty as we have now, if not harder due to the people forever changing their kits and strategies towards the round.

Comment

Working...
                              X