The aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The aircraft

Are TOO fast. I think we should definatley up the speed on them from vbf2, but wow...at the current 0.6 speeds, they are so unrealistic- ive never seen a plane pull a 180 turn that fast and in that small of a radius in my life before. ever. and the choppers really need to just be at the vanilla bf2 settings, with a slight increase in speed. they were the only good thing about vbf2, and seriously, the blackhawk is pulling like mach2....seriously though, this should be the first thing fixed in terms of vehicles.

Re: The aircraft

0.6 is an open beta.

Why don't you use www.realitymod.com/forum for feedback relating to the open beta.

Comment

We've opened up a large child forum section on the PR forums dedicated to discussing the open beta, making suggestions and posting bugs.

Comment

lol i saw a video which i think was posted on the realitymod forums and it was showing how it was just about impossible to hit stationary targets cuz u go so fast

Comment

Originally posted by Davexiii90 View Post
          Are TOO fast. I think we should definatley up the speed on them from vbf2, but wow...at the current 0.6 speeds, they are so unrealistic- ive never seen a plane pull a 180 turn that fast and in that small of a radius in my life before. ever. and the choppers really need to just be at the vanilla bf2 settings, with a slight increase in speed. they were the only good thing about vbf2, and seriously, the blackhawk is pulling like mach2....seriously though, this should be the first thing fixed in terms of vehicles.

realism>vbf2ness

Comment

The seepds of the jets are realistic, we have done that all to real life data. But the turning circles of them etc are at the moment unrealistic, the plane "may" be able to pull it off in real life but the g-forces inflicted on the pilot would cause him to black out

as for the choppers, again the "top speed" is realistic, the bit that is very unrealsitc about them at the mo is there accelration speeds are far too fast for most of them.

Most of this stuff is still WIP, exspect more changes in the final version of v0.6 and more in v0.7 where we are going to work even more on jets / choppers.

Comment

are the missiles 1 hit kills or 2?

A2A

Comment

1) The video of the aircraft struggling to hit the stationary target was made on Gulf of Oman map, that's a a small map and was creating some problems with frequent 180 degree turns for the aircraft in question

2) known problem with the v0.604 open beta is that aircraft missiles are very underpowered. This is being fixed for the proper release.

Comment

yay, i cant wait for full release

Comment

I LIKE EM FAST!!!! THIS WAY IT'S "FWWWWWWWWWOSSSSSSH" *BOOOOOM* They don't see what hit em!

Comment

Jets is real life are fast, so are choppers. I see no problem.

Comment

Current acceleration of choppers is too high, this is being tweaked of course. If aircraft and choppers fly fast they can become less of a threat to land troops. Plus the new commanders assets mean AAA could spring up anywhere on the map no more memorising maps for fixed AAA positions you lucky, lucky pilots! haha

Comment

I would like to see faster jets in the game.

Comment

if you guys working on the PR mod if you really wanted to fix the aircraft, you would fix all the physics of them.....i mean like, when you turn off the engines on any of the aircraft, you drop like a rock instantly, when in reality you would glide for a longways. and, any type of missile hitting a jet in the engine area would destroy it instantly.........

and a GREAT idea for a jet would be ejection seats....instead of just sort of hopping out of the jet (like what happens right now) doesnt always save you like it should, sometimes the jet blows up in your face after you get out. in real life, an ejection seat would throw you clear of the jet before an explosion.

MAKE THE FLYING PHYSICS AND AIRCRAFT REAL, PR TEAM! youve already made the land combat as real as it gets! MAKE THE AIR REAL NOW TOO!

Comment

I'd like to see the A-10 fly like an A-10. That things can snap roll like crazy but in game it's sluggish and lazy. It can actually take a missle stike to the engine as well without coming down. It's a handling in reality is very responsive, in comparison to other games it feels like flying a WW2 bomber wich it certainly is not. It's the deadliest ground attack aircraft evr produced and is so lethal instead of retirement it's getting upgraded.

This domain may be for sale!

Some useful first hand stuff here.

I also agree that making them faster will balance them out too. Hard to gun down dudes running around if you only see them a second.

Otherwise Pr guys, thanks for the hours of entertainment even if you are forcing me to upgrade and OC to play as you meant it to be played!

Thanks again! :salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X