I Want Dogtags!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JumpStyle. View Post
    dogtag collecting is a favourite pastime for me from bf2142, and its annoying how it wont show how many knife kills you have and the dogtags you have

I WANT MORE STATS IW!
    I'm glad they're gone, reduces the number of morons who run into the battle with their knife and ***** when they get shot, blown up or anything else that doesn't involve a knife significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post
      No, please no stats. If i want stats i would play BF series. But now i just want fun without stats and don't have to worry about my K/D.
      :nod: Yes, exactly

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
        I'm glad they're gone, reduces the number of morons who run into the battle with their knife and ***** when they get shot, blown up or anything else that doesn't involve a knife significantly.
        You said it :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob View Post
          Yea, i feel stats ruined BF. It's not statspadding, its how people only care about their k/d ratio etc.. in game. They therefore tend to pursue their own goals. You see people sitting at the rear in AA guns trying desperately to get their badges etc.. In COD4 people can concentrate on the game and they play properly once they have got all the unlocks and ranks.
          I dunno if that made sense but can you see where i'm coming from?
          I agree, and i'll even admit it changes my gameplay. When i'm in BF i want to keep my K: D up. In CoD4 i can just use whatever weapon i want, die as many times as i want, go 1:10 or 10:1 and still be happy. (Unless that 1:10 is by nade or tube SPAM)

Comment

Yea, it definitely changes my gameplay, especially when my name and k/d ratio are shown on my clan's homepage!

Comment

My 2 cents:

I don't like dying cause of stats in BF. I don't like dying because of the 15 seconds I am put out of action. I never really cared about my stats, I was all about the unlocks for me, I whored titan defense and destroyed titan guns until I got around half the unlocks, then I finally started to play for pure fun.

Comment

No. You want tags, go to 2142.

Yeah, I kinifed a guy in Last stand by accident. He was laughing how he killed me and ran by me and I slashed his legs. He was like WTF???? H@XXZ0R!!!!

Good times.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I believe we've already had this same argument in afew different threads haha.

Comment

Originally posted by venny View Post
                    anyone managed to knife someone using that last stand perk?
                    i managed to get this poor guy who was shooting me with his pistol with the last stand n i jus when in for the knife...... poor sitting duck....
                    I've knifed people in Last Stand and I've knifed people while I'm in Last Stand lol.

Comment

Stats-tracking tends to initially attract a lot of people (n00bs) to a game, but the selfish-nature of watching your own progress then also tends to ruin the team-play aspect of the game. It's only a short-term benefit, IMO.

As with most others in this thread, I hope they do not have global stats-tracking.

Comment

So far (thankfully) CoD has stayed stats free, it had better stay that way.

Comment

how about server stats then? Like they have in CSS and DoD. Where it's not global, it's just based on how you do in that server. So it shows how many kills u have in that server, how many per weapon, etc..

I don't hear anyone saying that stats ruined counter strike?

Comment

Re: I Want Dogtags!!
                            Yeah, well, I don't! :yay:

Comment

As much as it'd be fun knifing people left and right to get their dogtags, that's the problem. Everybody would be only using knives for tags, and that was rather annoying back in BF2142.

It might even start Knife servers, which I don't like one bit.

Comment

Ok people are missing the point.. People stat-pad etc to get more xp and to level more since it was hard as **** to level in bf2142. Since everyone is nearly max rank in COD4 in around a week there wont be any point in stat padding except for monitoring improvement.

I dont care if the stats can be seen by anyone or just me, i just want to track my own progress.. my accuracy %, number of knife kills etc.

Also what would you think of having clan statistics. eg. To become a clan you need a minimum 6 players, the clan tag is permanent and the game tracks the whole clans statistics. K/D ratio etc.

That would remove individual orientated focus and you would need to work as a team to improve your clans stats and earning yourselves a better rep.

Originally posted by Micster
                                It might even start Knife servers, which I don't like one bit.
                                What the hell is your problem with knife servers. It doesnt affect you one bit ffs.. + 1 to whine.

Comment

Working...
                                X