Did 1.4 change the Gunship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did 1.4 change the Gunship

I just bought a new 2000 DPI mouse at the same time I installed the 1.4 patch. (My old mouse was crap). Now the gunship just "feels" a little different when I fly it. Not sure if this is due to the new mouse or the 1.4 patch.

Originally posted by SpartanPolo13 View Post
    I just bought a new 2000 DPI mouse at the same time I installed the 1.4 patch. (My old mouse was crap). Now the gunship just "feels" a little different when I fly it. Not sure if this is due to the new mouse or the 1.4 patch.
    It's not your mouse (well not totally lol)... I have the SAME 2000 DPI mouse (the Logitech G3) as I had before the patch. They definately tweaked the handling.... funny how they don't mention stuff like that. I flew the gunship on a regular basis before and I'm a pretty decent pilot.... and I've noticed for one, the gunship "auto-leveling" feature doesn't fight back against your mouse (or whatever controller your using) as much as it did before.... thus resulting in it feeling "smoother" to fly.... you can hold a tight banked turn much easier without going over the dreaded "flip over point"...

Inadvertantly or not, they changed it... for the better if you ask me. But if it was on purpose, why do they not mention things like that? Maybe because it didn't seem like a big deal? Because they don't want people thinking they did more then that? Or because people might say they don't notice any change (as it is slight)?

Well anyways, I'm definately happier with it the way it is, so no complaint here.

Comment

The only difference I noted was that all my custom settings were reset. I roll with a G-5 Mouse, and switch between all three Sensitivity Settings while flying. I normally set my normal "Aircraft Sensitivity" to 5.5-6.5, and then run with my DPI set to 2000 when hunting other aircraft. When using the normal gunship missiles against vehicles I set it to medium sensitivity (on my mouse), and when soloing I go with the lowest on the fly DPI setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
        The only difference I noted was that all my custom settings were reset. I roll with a G-5 Mouse, and switch between all three Sensitivity Settings while flying. I normally set my normal "Aircraft Sensitivity" to 5.5-6.5, and then run with my DPI set to 2000 when hunting other aircraft. When using the normal gunship missiles against vehicles I set it to medium sensitivity (on my mouse), and when soloing I go with the lowest on the fly DPI setting.
        Ok but I always leave my aircraft senstivity to the default. And that hasn't changed since 1.25 to 1.4 (the default)... my mouse settings or driver haven't changed either. There's definately a handling "tweak" that was changed on the gunship... it's not a big difference though, and like I said many probably wouldn't even notice. But I'm very used to how it flew before... and while it's almost identical, they did change something... and it seems like the "push" against your mouse when you bank your gunship to make it completely right side up again has lessened.... other then that, I don't notice any difference. Took me a while to figure out what it was when I first started flying in 1.4 (5-10 minutes of flying)....

Comment

Yeah I just got the G-5.

I don't fly that much but it feels to me like the patch makes a difference. Now I an just another noob to hunt down in the extra attack chopper.

Never learned to fly in BF2 and I am only doing it in 2142 long enough to get my silver badge. Go ground pounders.

Comment

We did not change the handling of the gunships.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
              LOL...if u didn´t said this, people would start to belive it was true.

Comment

Maybe you did but just don't realise it

Comment

Dunno then... seemed different to me. You guys sure you didn't fix something? or inadvertantly change something small? Well anyways if it is any different it's not much, and what I thought was different I like anyways. Dunno why it seemed different to me if it's not any different... hell I didn't even bring it up till other people said something...

Comment

Well I guess its the mouse then. Thanks.

Comment

well don't believe everything you hear from dice. one dice guy said to attack titan guns to get the titan attack badge... :laugh:

Comment

That would be their PR

Oh well, trusting what DICE says is alot easier than trusting anything that EA says... Just send a ticket to EA Customer Support asking about the mystical "Targetting Assist" to see what I mean!

Comment

what exactly did they say? just curious =D

Comment

try to ask them for the best buy account. lmao they tell you to unlock it by getting enough ranks, dont listen to other site cuz they lie and other ****... i still haven't played titan/armory maps. but which gunship is atm better? eu or pac. eu faster rockets(better lock?)/pac faster turning

Comment

Working...
                            X