optimizing settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optimizing settings

I've noticed lately that i've been kinda laggy in MP. I only play on west coast servers, where the server ping is like 40-60, but my in game ping is over 100. I usually get laggy while im sniping or when im in a big fire fight, or when smoke and all that is around.

My question is, what settings should i turn down that will maximize my FPS but still let the game look nice. Right now i have everything on medium-high.
    Don't tell me to turn everything down, because i know there are certain things which help more than others.

Did you try pressing the "Optimize Settlings" botton? If you did, then turn off AA, and try turning down your resolution.

Comment

I think AA draws the most system resources.

Watch messing with the resolution, if you have LCD and turn the resolution lower than its native resolution in some games you actually decrease system performance, which was the case in BF2.

Reason was something to do with the game having to buffer more for non-native resolutions.

Comment

Turn off AA and shadows.

Comment

Buy an Alienware.

Comment

i have a 22" lcd monitor so i always have my resolution at 1650 x 1050 at a 75 refresh rate.
            Last night i turned off anti aliasing, turned off dynamic lighting, and turned water detail to low. That seemed to get rid of most my multi player lag.

Comment

Had exactly or almost the same problems, turned off AA from 4X to 2X and shadows OFF ( this game is so fast-paced, sometimes even if you see the shadow you're dead, so no point in seing the shadow for nothing ). And now it works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by bbfYoUGoTServeD View Post
                Had exactly or almost the same problems, turned off AA from 4X to 2X and shadows OFF ( this game is so fast-paced, sometimes even if you see the shadow you're dead, so no point in seing the shadow for nothing ). And now it works like a charm.
                Tiesto = FTW! Abunch of my buddies saw him live when he came to Vancouver last summer, i was alittle upset that tickets were sold out before i got any.

I have every In search of Sunrise:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by kr1kit View Post
                  Tiesto = FTW! Abunch of my buddies saw him live when he came to Vancouver last summer, i was alittle upset that tickets were sold out before i got any.

I have every In search of Sunrise:yay:
                  QFT!! I had an occasion to see him here in Montreal but something came up, had tickets too. Now I regret not going, maybe next time. I have almost all of his work, and if I don't I can have it anytime, but recently I've discovered a couple of DJ's from Eastern Europe ( where I come from - I'm Romanian, and I live in Canada for the past 4 years now ). These guys, Dj Optick and Dj Allen are very promising , but Tiesto is still the king for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bbfYoUGoTServeD View Post
                    QFT!! I had an occasion to see him here in Montreal but something came up, had tickets too. Now I regret not going, maybe next time. I have almost all of his work, and if I don't I can have it anytime, but recently I've discovered a couple of DJ's from Eastern Europe ( where I come from - I'm Romanian, and I live in Canada for the past 4 years now ). These guys, Dj Optick and Dj Allen are very promising , but Tiesto is still the king for me.
                    I know im going to sound like an idiot here, but what does QFT mean? I see it everywhere!
                    I'll check those two dj's out, i like alot of dutch dj's, like Ferry Corsten, or Polish - East Clubbers.

Comment

Originally posted by kr1kit View Post
                      I know im going to sound like an idiot here, but what does QFT mean? I see it everywhere!
                      I'll check those two dj's out, i like alot of dutch dj's, like Ferry Corsten, or Polish - East Clubbers.
                      QFT = Quoted For Truth!

But it has other meanings too, ^^ is obviously the most used, but there are others:

Quite Fuc|<ing True!!
                      Quit Fuc|<ing Trolling!!

And some others:

Acronym Finder is the largest and most trusted database of over 4 million acronyms and abbreviations. What does an abbreviation stands for? The answer is here

:P

Comment

And this is why the Canadians need their own forum =P

I heard texture settings really drag on the GPU, if you like having AA or something try lowering them instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox
                          And this is why the Canadians need their own forum =P

I heard texture settings really drag on the GPU, if you like having AA or something try lowering them instead.
                          ya us canadians get distracted too easily, oh and btw gotserved i love your new sig, the canadian/romanian flag combo on the apache is sexual.

Comment

Working...
                          X