Beacon Pods in 1.40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dontsh000t View Post
    APC surfing is fine cos APCs can be taken down relatively easily for their purpose. and let's face it, people APC surf out to avoid dying by a tank shell. if there was no surfing they'd land right beside their APC and get killed anyway =D
    He is talking about where you fly the pod all around the map, not where you launch from the APC and land a little ways away. Flying around the map will get you kicked/banned from most servers, podding out of the APC and landing a little distance from it is what is supposed to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by US_WarHero
      Iv seen some dude after the 1.40 patch in a ATU high way tampa map and he was fly flying all across the map not landing at all and also while flying without landing he was taking out all of our transports and gunships. It took a while for the admins to see him because he was just so fast. I like some kind of pod flying back because I could move about 10 meters or so away from the beacon and avoid getting camped. Now I never really use the thing.
      I've seen that too, well on the radar i was a single enemy flyin across it at great speed and since there was a UAV and a few support radar things linked together and he went across all of them it must have been pretty far.

And I really dont know why people like to roof camp. Its so obviously not meant to be part of the game and its frankly boring. You stay in the same place and just fire at people miles below you who often dont have a clue you're there and its rather hard for them to do anything about it so its almost no challenge. The few times I've been on a roof I've ended up jumping down as i got bored.

Comment

i can move the pod maybe 5 feet but it's hard.

basically you spin in 1 direction (CW or CCW) and watch mini-map, and pull back for the part of the rotation that matches the direction you want to go.

like so:
        *scroll mouse to the left to spin CCW*
        *keep scrolling, keep scrolling*
        hold backwards for a half second, let go for a second
        *keep scrolling, keep scrolling*
        hold backwards for a half second, let go for a second
        etc. repeat and you'll move a bit in that direction. but it's sloppy and difficult and only moves you a few feet. it's nothing like the old days where you could beacon from the middle of the map to the end

Comment

Wow, I am going in game to test that right away. Thanks mate!

BTW, Joe, if you haven't seen me online in a while its because I am using my secondary soldier I'll add you in game soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragbag View Post
            i think its time we faced it the beacon is dead!! its a shame that dice have not offered us a new toy to replace it in the new patch..
            play a full server on highway tampa, with six people in a squad and you will realize how important beacons are.

Comment

I take back anything I may have said earlier. The lack of beacon pod movement has flat-out killed Titan Assault. It's way too easy for two guys with Clarks to just camp the roof and take you out as you pod in 'cause you can't land anywhere but the place you landed before. The only way to realistically assault a Titan now is for a SL to get in a vent and hold it, letting his squad attack the corridors and spawn back right on him, rather than on a beacon.

Comment

you are right sir. in fact i'm almost ashamed to say i got my support service gold badge the second time (praise be to multiple awards =D) by simply camping 2 beacons on our titan. other titan was too far off to pod and one squad actually tried to wait and spawn almost simultaneously to kill me, but it was too easy cos they landed in the exact same spot each time.

Comment

Working...
                X