Beacon Pods in 1.40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beacon Pods in 1.40

I love how DICE says there is still "some movement" in the pods. I know some people have figured out how to move them a little but all I can do is go straight down. Anyone want to share the secret?

i think its time we faced it the beacon is dead!! its a shame that dice have not offered us a new toy to replace it in the new patch..

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
      I know some people have figured out how to move them a little but all I can do is go straight down.
      I just go straight down aswell, and from what I've seen so far that's what everyone else was doing. :cry:

Comment

Iam glad Dice fixed this because no longer in matches we gotta worry about some noob deciding to pod surf all the way to the last flag and cap it... :salute:

Comment

I podded a few times yesterday. And damn, I felt like some disabled cripple.

Comment

i havent tried it yet, but if this is true, dang its great news! Does this mean we dont have to worry about roof campers on berlin now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragbag View Post
              i think its time we faced it the beacon is dead!! its a shame that dice have not offered us a new toy to replace it in the new patch..
              Come on... You don't have to be Einstein to realize that the beacon is still useful.

It wasn't meant to be placed in the middle of a firefight so that reinforcements could spawn on the spot to your rescue or surf across the map to cap flags. It was meant to be placed in a well hidden place so that the whole squad can spawn on it, and attack a flag as a group from a direction the enemy doesn't expect you to attack from.

If the enemy decides to camp around the beacon for kills, you shouldn't spawn on it. That's simple. And the more ppl camp around it, the less ppl the enemy has defending flags.

Comment

No, you can still get on roofs if you put the beacon close to it.

Comment

the pod is a total failure once i podded out of my dropship cuz i was attacked and i got killed by my own plane like WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDanielsson View Post
                    i havent tried it yet, but if this is true, dang its great news! Does this mean we dont have to worry about roof campers on berlin now?
                    Further fix to prevent "pod surfing". Note that some pod movement will still be possible and is an intended gameplay mechanic to allow the player to have some small choice of landing site and to access rooftops
                    DICE obviously intends for people to get on roofs still. Some servers allow it, like ours, and others don't. Just play on one that suits your style. My question is that they say there is still some movement possible. I have seen posts from some in the beta that said they could still move them, I am just wondering how as even when I pod out of a transport I only go straight down.

Comment

I spent a good half hour toying with it yesterday, and I couldn't unlock its secrets. I even asked EA, and all they said is that they "Don't gives gameplay tips". So I reworded my question to be more technical... It seems that they removed the ability to control your pod, they just stuck a camera mount onto it. The Camera Mount can only move so fast too...

By the way, no, removal of pod surfing will NOT keep roofers off of Berlin. The APC Surf is still working, but I don't use this method because it is retarded.

Comment

I can give a crap less if Beacon pods move, the thing that sucks is the transporter pods not being able to move

Comment

i read some where that the mouse controles the cameras but if you set the acceleration or some other setting, cant remember what the vid showed to scroll wheel you can scroll really fast BUT NOTE:

the pod iirc has to be facing side ways to where you want to go because they didnt nerf side movement or something. just hold down left or right while scrolling, it seemed to work in the vid.

il try to find the link again.

Comment

I can't believe they nerfed transporter pods aswell, no more bailing and aiming for cover, just straight down, usually landing in front of a firing squad.

Comment

Originally posted by jackal22 View Post
                              i read some where that the mouse controles the cameras but if you set the acceleration or some other setting, cant remember what the vid showed to scroll wheel you can scroll really fast BUT NOTE:

the pod iirc has to be facing side ways to where you want to go because they didnt nerf side movement or something. just hold down left or right while scrolling, it seemed to work in the vid.

il try to find the link again.
                              Please do... What you are describing sounds alot like APC Surfing, which is still do able.

Comment

Working...
                              X