Hopes for BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BandoIruka View Post
    I don't mind if you are allowed to snipe targets from obscene ranges that pretty much render the sniper immune to retailiation, but as long as the difficulty of making a kill from such distances increases. One of the other problems of 2142 I felt that made sniping pointless was the map design that didn't leave much things, such as vegetation, long grass, or simply wreckage for snipers to hide within. But on the otherhand I think they made sniping like that so that it simply doesn't get too annoying for those who are in their crosshairs.
    the sniping range is purely ridiculous. its simple to increase difficulty; the longer the range, the more the sway (making stabiliser useful); code in bullet drop and bullet travel speed and even aimbots will have problems.

Comment

They probably didn't want to put blood in the game otherwise the game would have to be rated for 15y.o and over. EA making more money by allowing it to be tame enough to appeal to parents to allow their children to play. No wonder there are so many kids playing this during the weekend.

Comment

Well for a start I want to see the game balanced and with a wide variety of maps and vehicles

and fix the stat system really, removing it would be beyond EA's economi thinking but at least fixing it so that it works well with the game would be a good start

Comment

coolest thing i heard lately was wraparound promotions

in other words you go from private to BG, then if you choose, you can click a button and go back to private but with a small ² next to your rank, and you start over. you go all the way to BG² then if you want you can click a button and start over again as Private³. each time you lose all your unlocks but you keep your awards.

this would be a fun and interesting way to keep the game fresh and to show off how much you play with 220k career point's i'd almost be BG^4

i have some other requests for BF3 too - relatively minor features but SO IMPORANT:

a) do the chat system right! don't mix automated messages with the chat log, as 2142 does, which makes chat useless. better yet, separate alltalk from team from squad from whispers with colors and placement

b) support widescreen resolutions

c) make a decent damn game server browser! the 2142 server browser is a hunkajunk. it does a full update/refresh every time you change any settings or even switch tabs, the text is buggy, the filters pretty much suck, etc.

d) make a decent friends system. right now messages and friend invites are lost if your game crashes, which is unacceptable in a game that crashes often.

there's 100 more but these are the most important ones to me

Comment

Was thinking about commander ability, artillery was a pretty annoying part of the game, perhaps Mortars or artillery depending on prior performance as a commander.

The UAV could also have some sort of offensive capability but only in certain circumstances, they can carry missiles in RL which I'm sure would be useful, of course you couldn't have them just mowing everything on the battlefield with them but its a good idea if say you launched an armed UAV that while airbourne meant you couldnt use artillery and had to use the UAV missiles to attack the ground instead

Comment

Working...
            X