BF2142's Timeline of Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spodeboy View Post
    No one disuptes global warming? You must be kidding? Scientists do not all agree whether there is global warming and they do not agree whether it is man made. If you are as old as me then you should remember Time Magazine in the 70's talking about global cooling! A volcano eruption can put out more carbon than all of man for months or years. I know North America has warmed by 0.5 degrees and the whole earth has warmed less than that. Is that considered global warming?

Have you ever read data charts of temperatures? Did you know that the 6 hottest years on record have all occurred in the last 8 years?

Yes a volcano can cause and ice Age, did you know that are trends in cientists that say that the Ice Ages started with major disasters like gigantic volcanic eruptions or asteroids?

As you said a volcano can put the amount of carbon that man can expel in a year, the problem is that man is expeling that amount of carbon for more than 50 year and increasing. And as I said before, yes a volcano can bring an ice age as man can.

As always there are cientists that agree and others that disagree, but the consensus now is that there is a global warming and man is a major factor in it.

Yes, I hope I´m wrong, but with the data available it´s seem your point of view is the one that will be deemed wrong by the history books.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubas View Post
      Have you ever read data charts of temperatures? Did you know that the 6 hottest years on record have all occurred in the last 8 years?

Yes a volcano can cause and ice Age, did you know that are trends in cientists that say that the Ice Ages started with major disasters like gigantic volcanic eruptions or asteroids?

As you said a volcano can put the amount of carbon that man can expel in a year, the problem is that man is expeling that amount of carbon for more than 50 year and increasing. And as I said before, yes a volcano can bring an ice age as man can.

As always there are cientists that agree and others that disagree, but the consensus now is that there is a global warming and man is a major factor in it.

Yes, I hope I´m wrong, but with the data available it´s seem your point of view is the one that will be deemed wrong by the history books.
      Yes, I have seen the charts. Does it look something like this?

Here is a chart on global volcano activity:

It says that the global temperature is varying by +/- 0.5 degrees Celcius. There is no definitive proof that man is causing it. It however, correlates with volcano activity.

Doesn't this chart look similar to the global mean temp? It does to me.

Sun activity also has a significant effect on co2 in the atmosphere. As the sun heats up the ocean, the ocean also gives up more co2. Here is a chart on sun activity.

Here is a chart on co2 emissions:

Not only does sun activity drive up ocean temps, it also drive up temperature on land too. That may be the biggest source of global warming! We have do not have a good grasp of what percentage of co2 is from the ocean and what percentage is man made. So is co2 emission a cause of global warming or is global warming causing co2 levels to rise? This is highly debatable and there are certainly no conscensus among the scientific commnunity.

I am by no means a scientist studying global warming, but there are probably a dozen more reasons that I don't know about that causes global mean temperatures to go up (besides man made).

Besides, all this talk about global warming and cooling is nothing new. Here is an article analyzing media content and trends with regard to global temperature catastraphes (pay special attention to the table on page 12):

It is hard enough for weather man on TV to get an accurate weather report for the next 3 days, how are we suppose to believe a doomsday global warming scenario for the next 20 to 50 years? At least I find it hard to believe.

My apologies to DorranKame for taking this thread for a wild rabbit chase!

Comment

Try to find the data for the last 500.000 years, it exists .

And by the way...as I think you are American read the news in your contry of today´s meeting in Spain.

Sorry, and i won´t discuss this in more detailed words because my native language is not english, but I am a statistician, I have studied this and the biggest problem is, in the last 500.000 years never has been such an increase in earth temperatures, and the trend now is exponencial, what you now can fit a linear regression to the temperature increse in the next years you only be fitting an exponecial curve, and the mean temperatures of earth have never been has hot as they are now.

What ticks me more is people in The USA even now try to hide reprecussions of whats happening in the name of mantaining the growth of the Economy...search the link in the article of cut pages from the final draft...and this is what we know.

P.S.- Maybe i didn´t make myself clear before, there are lot of variables that affect our climate, like the sun, volcanoes, tilt of the earth, distance to sun, magnetic field etc...
        The problem is that we have inserted a new variable in the system, and has the data scientists retrived shows us, is that earth has never had such a fast increase in mean temperatures...and as you showed there is a very strong correlation between co2 and the mean temperatures of the earth...that co2 has never been as high as it is now, just coincendence? Aren´t we to blame to pump more c02 to Earth than Earth can cope?

This reminds me of the discussions of the cfc´s several years ago, and in the end everyones agread they were right, but in the begining the first scientists that talked abaut the problems where dismissed has the "harbingers of doom".

I will not discuss this further because what you say has some merits, but nowdays the data that exist and the urgency that this brings if you are wrong can´t permit us to think that what you say is right.

Comment

Al Gore says it's already too late.

You're right. We won't convince each other. Let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Spodeboy
            Al Gore says it's already too late.

You're right. We won't convince each other. Let's just agree to disagree.
            :laugh:.
            Well I hope that the op at least can get the time to right the wrongs in his fine work .

Comment

well watch the swindle on youtube. its the counter against al gore's movie. it well proves what i suspected to be going on. when i saw it for the first time it proved thing i thought since i was 13. and somethimes you will believe al gore made stats up or made a fake scale. and someone here has in his sig: 75% of all the stats are made up... just like this one.

Comment

in reply to people being confused over cerebe and tunis, it doesnt actually say on the loading screen to cerbere anything about tunis, and cerbere did have a harbor too ya know

Comment

Hope everybody (U.S.) has a good Thanksgiving! In the mean time I'll finish up the timeline and fix some obvious errors.

Comment

Working...
                  X