BF2142's Timeline of Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142's Timeline of Events

A work in progress! I'll add more maps and summarized content this week, but for now... let me know what you think. It's just for fun.

Updated 11/12/07

An ice age begins as ice moves south towards the equator and causes evacuations on a scale of billions of people.

30 years later... after a "cold war" that lasted longer and intensified more than the one in the 1960s.... negotiations began to freeze along with the planet. Countries became hostile and prepared for retaining the remaining unfrozen Earth.

Early 2138
    - The six factions of the world raised arms and fortified for battle over the remaining land and resources.

- As tensions rise, the European Federation sends military resources to the Mediterranean to bolster the Union of African States' (UAS) defenses. The Pan-Asian Coalition (PAC) is expected to make its first offensive in that area for its rich, fertile soil.

- A foray by two PAC battalions into Egypt seemed to confirm their suspicions, but the attacks turned out to be decoys meant to distract the world from the PAC's primary objective: to destroy the military might of the EU's premiere units still located in Europe. The war was just beginning.

October 2139
    - Coordinated PAC invasions from the Persian Gulf to the Baltic Sea marked the start of the "Cold War."

November 2139
    - Operation Canute: 3 battalions led by General Arkadi Petrov invaded Minsk in northern Europe. The EU's Krieg Panzer 2nd Regiment fiercely defended the city for over four months into 2140 until the PAC's elite Central Command Group broke through the southern flank and forced the EU to withdraw.

- This battle featured the first frontline use of the militarized Titan.

February 2140
    - PAC command divisions swept through Serbia and trapped the EU 9th Armored Corps in the heart of Belgrade. A massive ice wall blocked its retreat. Inspired by General Amil Nikoli, the EU staged a tenacious resistance.

March 2140
    - The PAC's Northern Command group arrived through recently acquired Bulgaria. Using a swift, V-shaped formation of the T-39 Bogatyr battle walkers, the bolstered PAC forces burst through the EU's southern flank (again - hmmm, a pattern?) and forced their surrender.

- The PAC now has control of Eastern Europe. It turns its sights to the central command in Berlin to permanently destabilize EU forces.

July 10, 2140
    - Operation Thunder: 15 squadrons of PAC gunships wrestled control of the skies over eastern Germany. Victorious, the PAC Titans airdropped entire regiments of the Northern Command Group behind the EU's Brandenburg Line.

- The EU's Expeditionary Force quickly capitulated on Berlin, but the PAC had already cleared a path to the city.

August 15, 2140
    - The PAC waged an all-out offensive on the city. Many on both sides died in the costliest of the war so far.

- After two months of fighting, Berlin finally fell to the PAC.

- The remaining EU forces retreated to France where they would make a last stand before evacuating to Africa.

End of 2140
    - PAC occupied most of Europe but not Mediterranean areas. Northern France was their next target, as it represented a key strategic passage, but a narrow one, given the wall of ice
    that had advanced all the way to the 49th parallel.

- The EU held the position at Verdun (in southern France, near Cerbere Landing) for almost month using T-8 Tiger tanks against the newer Type 21 Nekomata hover tanks.

(There seems to be a gap here, I can't find any events in 2141. Can you?)

Early 2142
    - Cerbere Landing was the last EU stronghold on the European continent. Tasked with seizing Tunis Harbor, PAC General Yuri Vladomirovic used commando unites equipped with IT-33 Optical Camouflage to infiltrate the city.

- These commandos sabotaged defenses and allowed the general to land his forces in the main (Tunis) harbor. They were faced with the Hell Brigade, the EU's top infantry unit.

- The ensuing violence made Cerbere Landing the location of the most fierce and costly battle of the Cold War.

February 2142
    - The EU forms "The Mediterranean Wall," a line of defenses along the North African coast.

- The PAC is drawing up plans under codenames Kupalo, Dazhbog, and Perun to preoccupy and divide the EU forces in preparation for the PAC's primary mission, Operation Motherland: a comprehensive, multi-pronged assault on the entire African continent.

April 10, 2142
    - The PAC attacks Camp Gibraltar in southern Spain [i](um, supposedly. anybody know for sure where the CAMP is?). The EU's 4th and 5th Armored Battalions were tasked with defending it. The PAC troops fought conservatively since it was a diversionary tactic only. The EU commander relied on snipers to hold key positions in attempt to occupy the PAC forces as long as possible, while the Mediterranean Wall was being finalized.

Lol, wow. You did this all yourself?

Comment

This is really cool Did you find all the info in BF2142 itself?

Comment

Well yeah, was bored. :P It's not totally accurate, because there are some conflicting details. For example, the BF2142 "Timeline" trailer that shows Earth and its ice cover at the beginning up until 2142, shows ice all the way down to France by 2138, but this is impossible because in 2139, the PAC attacked Minsk in northern Europe.

Otherwise, these details are on EA's map info page on their BF2142 site. I'm just putting them in order best I can... will do more later.

Comment

But minsk was already covered in ice.

Comment

and yea didnt minsk already belong to the pac or is it different?

Comment

Minsk was invaded by PAC, hence why EU is defense in conquest mode.
              Camp G is across from Gibraltars, it was meant as a refugee camp for those fleeing across the Strait of Gibraltar.
              Also what's with this?
              - Cerbere Landing was the last EU stronghold on the European continent. Tasked with seizing Tunis Harbor, PAC General Yuri Vladomirovic used commando unites equipped with IT-33 Optical Camouflage to infiltrate the city.

- These commandos sabotaged defenses and allowed the general to land his forces in the main (Tunis) harbor. They were faced with the Hell Brigade, the EU's top infantry unit.
              Aren't Carebear and Tunis 2 different battles?

Comment

search the places on google earth i believe they arent that far away from eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                  Minsk was invaded by PAC, hence why EU is defense in conquest mode.
                  Camp G is across from Gibraltars, it was meant as a refugee camp for those fleeing across the Strait of Gibraltar.
                  Also what's with this?

Aren't Carebear and Tunis 2 different battles?
                  They are. That General was the same guy that was assigned to seize Tunis Harbor, and was now going after Cebrere. (Anyway, that's all the sense I could make from it.)

As far as Camp Gibraltar being across from Gibraltar, ... I looked it up on Google Maps and found it to be IN spain.

In response...
                  Minsk belonged to the EU at first. The PAC overtook it BEFORE it was covered with ice and took out the EU's central command. That was in 2139.

Again, I'm just doing this kinda quick, and just on a whim, so it's not totally accurate, but you get the idea :P

Comment

Very nicely done. A lot of work must have gone into that.

Comment

It was said by DICE that Camp G is in Africa, across from the real Gibraltar. Camp G is in the African theater, and people fled across the Strait of Gibraltar to get there.

Kinda how like Omaha Beach wasn't really in Omaha, just a name, really bad example I know. :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                        It was said by DICE that Camp G is in Africa, across from the real Gibraltar. Camp G is in the African theater, and people fled across the Strait of Gibraltar to get there.

Kinda how like Omaha Beach wasn't really in Omaha, just a name, really bad example I know. :dead:
                        Lol, "Omaha" was a code name But yeah, I see your point. I'll uh, redo that. Didn't know that. But unfortunately something came up and I'll see if I have time this week to update it.

Comment

Awesome.
                          Sticky?!
                          One thing I dont get though, on the first picture the ice is down through half of the UK, then in the second one the ice goes back up?

Comment

hey why is the ice so much farther down in 2138 then in 2139?

good work tho

Comment

Originally posted by Crabhart View Post
                              hey why is the ice so much farther down in 2138 then in 2139?

good work tho

Global warming? Or global cooling? Whatever it is, its always the fault of global warming!

I'm being facetious!

Comment

Working...
                              X