How about some love for Infinity Ward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some love for Infinity Ward

I have been hooked on video games since the late 70s when Space Invaders first came out. I have invested my time and money in games that were total greatness and others total garbage.

COD4 in my opinion is the pinnacle of what a great game should be. After playing the SP campaigns and changing my underwear a few times, I can say that this is the perfect game 10/10.

Thanks IW!

All I have to say is that my local Wal-Mart better have this game in today or Sam Walton will be turning over in his grave.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
      All I have to say is that my local Wal-Mart better have this game in today or Sam Walton will be turning over in his grave.
      LMAO

It's worth the wait.

Comment

I would order online and have it shipped to me but for some reason I always give Wal-mart another chance and say to myself that they will have the game on launch day but they never do, always 2 or 3 days later for them. I will never lean lol.

Comment

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

I would order online and have it shipped to me but for some reason I always give Wal-mart another chance and say to myself that they will have the game on launch day but they never do, always 2 or 3 days later for them. I will never lean lol.
            Do you not have a bestbuy close to where you live?

Comment

Or a GameStop ? CompUSA ? Circuit City ?

Man.........I've got 3 GameStops in my area.
              I believe that a "pre-order' should get the game the same day the stores do. THAT would be an incentive to pre-order......DUH

Comment

word :salute: So far they only have it for the 360 on their site :/

Comment

Props to IW, they made an awesome game.

Comment

Honestly, I'm very impressed. While the levels look small, they play very well. The SP campaign is very cinematic and exciting.

I'm looking forward to our clan server coming online today so I can game with my mates and get the pwnage flowin!

Infinity Ward, you've done well. :salute:

Comment

I am looking foward to what else IW brings to the plate as in maybe other modes.

Originally posted by 3ric View Post
                      Do you not have a bestbuy close to where you live?

Yea but like an hour drive from here. It would cost me almost 100 dollars to get the game.

50 dollars for COD4

+

30-40 dollars for gas

=

Not worth it lol.

Comment

Apologies if this was posted before.

But did anybody else get the Aliens references in the game?

There are a few and I have to say the writers were probably fans.

<SPOILER> .... well kind of.

The obvious 2 are on the opening level on the container ship.

One of your team mates pulls out a shotgun and says:
                        "I like to keep this for close encounters."
                        Hudson says the same thing to Hicks when Apone tells them to stash all the hard rounds and use flame throwers only

Then as the ship is sinking the sarge says. "We are LEAVING." which is also said in the exact way in Aliens 2 when the sh!t hits the fan and the aliens start "coming out of the walls".

Big Aliens fan here, just thought I'd mention the above

As for IW, great game. No....FANTASTIC game! But I'm a bit upset with the late Steam release.

Comment

From a server-op standpoint, IW couldn't have made a bigger mistake on how to release the server files.

To keep it short and sweet: releasing the server files on the game's release day is pure, unadulterated stupidity.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade...gameplay sounds great but no love for server ops means no love back from me. Just another company like EA from what I can see...

Comment

It is not perfect by any means as the SP mode just feels incomplete and I did not like how they killed off people in the story leaving things on a bad note instead of a triumpant ending (I am sick to death of games, tv shows, and movies CONSTANTLY doing this now.)

However I really am enjoying the game and think it is great. I believe it deserves game of the year for 2007.

Comment

Working...
                            X