why is CS for noobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is CS for noobs?

why do people say this? i own CS.Source and it is a pretty sweet game, a lot of people who play are really cool and are not noobs. Everyone tells me CS is for noobs and i dont understand why I have not run into one Hacker or anything lol...

Re: why is CS for noobs?

Don't know, but the BF2 community, in my experience, have been far more "noobish".

Maybe because in CS you can't lob a blackhawk at someone and give them 5 teamkills, maybe because in CS your bullets vaguely hit where you aim (not in Soreass though, for some reason), and maybe because there is no ****ty ranking system for padders, glitchers and whatnot to exploit.

Give a monkey a stick, not much happens, give that monkey a nuke, he tends to blow **** up. And possibly become the president of an unidentified sovereign state.

The monkey with the nuke is the BF2 player.

Comment

People just hate CS cause it`s so popular and has kinda dumbened the community to some extent and made them into little whiny bitches.
      Those same people who call CS players noobs and say that it is so easy to own in CS, would propably get killed in the first 15 seconds if they would play it.

I own CSS and I find it pretty good

Comment

i never really got attached to CSS, but i have been playing cs1.6 for like 5 years now and i still play. its just a lot of fast-paced fun.

Comment

I like CSS mostly because it is simply the best made online shooter. It's very close to being perfect, no bugs, easily server-side modded and managed.

You can't really say CS players would be worse than bf2 players. CSS is easy, no question about it. If you play it a couple of years every day you are good at it, but nothing above a newcomer who's just lucky and plays wisely. That must suck for good players, and probably because it's so simple, people think it's for noobs.

I have started playing CSS again after a couple of years and there is nothing new there. I'm not in a clan so I can't really say, but otherwise I have no problem with it. At the same time, because I don't play BF2 so much anymore I have to admit I've gotten a lot worse in infantry.

Comment

theres that new money thing where the guns cost their actual cost in real life. like desert eagles are pretty expensive now.

Comment

Servers can disable Dynamic Pricing pretty easily.

I play CS:S occasionally, but it gets old pretty fast. The way head shots are set up is pretty annoying. When you play something like 1/3 of all kills are head shots which is very high compared to most other games. I prefer games like BF42(FH,DC) where the game play can be a lot more tactical, and where you don't have to wait 2 minutes to respawn after some first time player gets a lucky head shot.

CS:S can be a blast at LANs though, or when you're playing online with people you know. The other nice thing about it is that such a large number of gamers have it, and that the system requirements are so low. It's also Steam based so the front end is very clean, and you can be playing in just a minute or two from starting up the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                theres that new money thing where the guns cost their actual cost in real life. like desert eagles are pretty expensive now.
                Dynamic Pricing doesn't work that way.

Comment

the more you use a gun the more expensive it gets and teh less the cheaper. Most server don't use it any how i believe..

Comment

BS talk. CS takes far more skill and far more time to get to the level where youre not rolled and you can actually enjoy the game. Plus, you can work your skill up without any limits.

Comment

cs:s is rather poo as the hit models lag behind the real model.

Comment

I found both CS:S and CS 1.6 to be noobish for alot of reasons. Multiple times I'd come up to an awper, I have a pump shotgun and I get him square in the face at point blank range, his face erupts with blood and he doesn't die than he shoots me in the calf and I die, but he isn't kill by a shotty to the face. Also, with the guns in CS you get uber powerz, I can't tell you how many times I've watched someone shoot literally 2 feet to the left of someones leg with an awp and it still hits them and kills them. Its ridiculous.

Both CS:S and 1.6 suffer the "shoot through a foot of stone/wood and still hit someone" trick. In my opinion they are both just poor games that involve victory going to whoever can whore the AWP faster or shoot a foot above someones head faster -_-

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn View Post
                          I found both CS:S and CS 1.6 to be noobish for alot of reasons. Multiple times I'd come up to an awper, I have a pump shotgun and I get him square in the face at point blank range, his face erupts with blood and he doesn't die than he shoots me in the calf and I die, but he isn't kill by a shotty to the face. Also, with the guns in CS you get uber powerz, I can't tell you how many times I've watched someone shoot literally 2 feet to the left of someones leg with an awp and it still hits them and kills them. Its ridiculous.

Both CS:S and 1.6 suffer the "shoot through a foot of stone/wood and still hit someone" trick. In my opinion they are both just poor games that involve victory going to whoever can whore the AWP faster or shoot a foot above someones head faster -_-
                          Get some reflexes. Believe it or not, you got killed long before you "shot" him.

CS f*cking rules, I just got back into it yesterday. The sheer fact that most of my shots register, plus no no-skill "cone" of fire = win.

The only thing is that AWP shots don't go where I'd prefer them, before it used to be a laser cannon.

They should port 1.5 or 1.4 to Source.

Comment

I'm just wondering why everyone complains. Cs:Source and Cs 1.6 are fantastic games, everything else is in bf2: padders, rapers, campers, glitchers, exploiters, teamkillers, spammers, idiots, smacktards... There's like a never-ending list.

Some ppl are just jealous. And ppl say that cs players are more agressive than bf2 players? Are they blind?! When I say hello to ppl in bf2, They dont answer, or just tell to stfu and continues raping.

Comment

I really enjoy CS.S right now, I had a good round with 10 kills last night, and yeah the hit detection sux but the GFX are sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X