No announcement yet.

Plane Bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombing is easy. Dodging the enemy planes off your as$ while you are bombing is the hard part.

Comment

Re: Plane Bombing

im having a lot of problems bombing, like every time i bomb i either crash or miss and it takes me a few strafes to get the perfect bomb

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
      Bombing is easy. Dodging the enemy planes off your as$ while you are bombing is the hard part.
      bombing mabey easy to you but not for me and getting planes off you A$$ is harder

Comment

Just use an A-10 Grand Slam. Exept if your a really really bad pilot, you have to at least land one of the 15 bombs on something...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
          tbh, i always prefer flying at between 500-600M and then divebombing targets. It means you don't get hassled on the way in and you have a lot of speed going out of the dive to get back up to 700M
          What height do you lose control of your plane/ballerina and it starts doing pirouettes in the sky resulting in you leaving the map and dyeing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
            What height do you lose control of your plane/ballerina and it starts doing pirouettes in the sky resulting in you leaving the map and dyeing?
            Depends on the map.

On Wake for example you'll completely lose it at 900, although you'll feel effects as low as 700.

On Dalian you need to stay below 750-800ish.

Comment

I agree with mafia greenday 2 its all on the feel and angle. Try picturing your plane from a third persons veiw and lining the nose of the plane to the target.

Comment

There are multiple factors involved in bombing:

- type of jet (including type of bombs)
                - speed
                - altitude of release
                - angle of attack
                - movement of jet during release of bombs
                - speed of target

The more vertical you dive, some factors have less impact giving more accurate results. The risk of not getting your plane out of the dive is getting bigger. You also need to be more aware of obstacles.

Considering the HUD, the bombers are quiet similar but for the fighters there are differances, most noticable comparing F35 and J10. But you also have to take the other factors into account when you want to place an X at the HUD.

Pilots who prefer 1 bomb usually have trouble minimizing the spread between 2 bombs. When you can deliver 2 bombs close together at target you have maximum destruction and thats usually what you want, especially with armor.
                When you dont need/want that blast then its more efficient to drop 1 bomb at a time so you can have 2 drops before reload.

Because so many factors are in play most pilots refer to feel because their experience merged them together.

Comment

I just throw them, lucky shot
                  I'm more dogfighter I think, maybe because I roxx in dodging incomming missles

Comment

Working...
                  X