Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melee

Why isnt there melee in BF2, its like in every other game

Itll be cool to go in close combat if u run out of ammo (yes, u got a knife too)
    then u can just whack them in the back and kill someone

Re: Melee

What? Like beating someone over the head with the stock of your gun? I guess it'd be interesting, but with select fire and zoom taking up several buttons/keys its be somewhat difficult for the player to use or at least get used to on most weapons.

Comment

im pretty sure shock paddles and knife count as melee also, but paul day also has a good point. melee is usually the right mouse button (like in DoD) but thats taken up with the iron sights. and if uve played SMOD (half life 2 remake) the gordon kick is some key on the keyboard and its awkward to use

Comment

Knife registry sucks as it is, and you want further melee?!

Comment

melee like in Halo, with the butt of ur gun

Comment

In COD2 there in no sprint and shift is melee

got 33 melees IASR !!!!!!!

Comment

You could make another weapon slot for Melee. So that if you want to hit someone you press No. 7 or Scroll to the weapon and then just click.

Comment

theres another melee weapon besides knife/shock paddles

lobbing a nade at someones head will kill them before exploding

Comment

Yeah that's awesome

Comment

They're be nothing more rewarding than clobbering your enemies with your helmet. You'd be ****ed if you had a beret on like the Spec Ops XD

Comment

I can see it now:

Bounce, bounce, bounce (closer, closer, closer), bounce, bounce, whack!

Me: "OMFG BS! I emptied a clip into you and you still got to me!"
                      Him: "Nub" (bounces away)

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                        I can see it now:

Bounce, bounce, bounce (closer, closer, closer), bounce, bounce, whack!

Me: "OMFG BS! I emptied a clip into you and you still got to me!"
                        Him: "Nub" (bounces away)
                        As opposed to grenade launcher, grenade, knife, SRAW, C4, and... rifles?

Comment

My point is that it would just be another way to be humiliated besides the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                            theres another melee weapon besides knife/shock paddles

lobbing a nade at someones head will kill them before exploding
                            i teamkilled a teamate the other day by lobbing a smoke grenade at him, odd thing was he was standing and i threw it at his feet, directly at his feet, we were both in shock, like wtf thats one badazz smoke grenade, of course he punished me after the fact, even though it was clearly a wtf moment.

Comment

I`m wondering the same thing. Even bloody Halo has it, and it looks cool, brutal as hell.
                              Same thing with leaning and toggle crouching, I have no idea why they didn`t implement(sp?) those features.

Comment

Working...
                              X