No announcement yet.

Solution to Lame Pod Surfing Tactics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to Lame Pod Surfing Tactics!!

Why don't they just put a time limit on how long a pod lasts. Maybe a 5-7 second timer on them. That way once you launch from a transport, SLB, APC, etc, you have 5-7 seconds before the pod self destructs/blows up, killing whoever is inside it. And ONLY the one inside. (no external explosion)

Seeing as the Titan Pod, [I think], launches pods the farthest, they (ea/dice) should just have experimented with it & timed how long the farthest possible pod launch takes. (w/o exploiting or surfing)

I would say it is probably less then 5 seconds of air time for a launch. Anybody want to test this out? lol

I think this would completely eliminate any need to try & stop movement for those who have never tried the lame pod surfing & never will.

P.S. maybe after the pod launches, you hear a voice say, "Pod will self-destruct in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...". LOL (sorry, I guess I had watched too many Maxwell Smart TV shows in my youth)

Or play on timeless where we ban them

Comment

This should be fixed in 1.4 right? Whew it feels good being back (gone for three weeks).

Comment

Got Your Back,

I don't think this would work because, u forgot transport, and their pods. My idea would be the pod cracks open after 5-7 seconds leaving the person alive to use his parachute . I mean killing the pod user just isn't fair.

Comment

In 5-7 seconds you can surf halfway across Camp G. We do the same as Timeless and kick you if you are surfing past choke points, ruins the flow of the game.

Comment

forget pods, why not just get rid of the whole pod thing as far as spawning on beacon is concerned and make it just an insta-spawn like when your squad spawns on squad leaders? or make it like a teleport where they just appear out of the beacon or something. i don't understand why they have to get all fancy with the stupid pod for spawning off becaons when spawning off the squad leader is just an instant spawn. make it the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
              forget pods, why not just get rid of the whole pod thing as far as spawning on beacon is concerned and make it just an insta-spawn like when your squad spawns on squad leaders? or make it like a teleport where they just appear out of the beacon or something. i don't understand why they have to get all fancy with the stupid pod for spawning off becaons when spawning off the squad leader is just an instant spawn. make it the same!
              Well I think the pods coming down on the beacon gives the enemy a chance to see where they are coming from. I think that they did it that way to be fair to the other team so you just dont have a squad swarming on you constantly and not being able to see where they are coming from. Also why the beacon beeps I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog View Post
                This should be fixed in 1.4 right? Whew it feels good being back (gone for three weeks).
                It is still possible to pod surf in 1.4. There is just a different way to do it.

Anyway. Instead of a time limit it should just be radius controlled. Like if you pod beyond a certain distance the pod explodes. This would eliminate the apc pod launch surf as well.

Comment

Why not just make it so you cant turn inside the pod or only half way?

Comment

Minmaster has a great idea. Make the beeping a little louder and materialize.

K.I.S.S

I want to know what orbital station were podding from. Is a galactic death star? Or are we being shot out of a cannon, like from the titan?

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

They are minimizing the distance you're able to travel and then calling it legal in the next patch. That's how EA fixes things. There are some pretty good ideas here, but EA is about to put out their final patch so we can't really expect anything more to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sharp65 View Post
                        That's how EA fixes things.
                        DICE to be exact.

The way things have gone in the past, i don't see anything wrong with fixing it like they are fixing it (i oughta try the BETA to see how it really works though).

I mean improving the old way is better than changing the way it works completely, testing it for another month, and then finding out a week after the official release, that there's some unforseen drawbacks/bugs/exploit possibilities in the new feature.

Thats not to say there's good suggestions here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Turdnugget View Post
                          It is still possible to pod surf in 1.4. There is just a different way to do it.

Anyway. Instead of a time limit it should just be radius controlled. Like if you pod beyond a certain distance the pod explodes. This would eliminate the apc pod launch surf as well.
                          in a titan or apc the distance a pod travels differs depending how high you are... if a apc is on high ground podding to low ground level you should pod farther than the other way round.. and i think it would be same for the titan.. lower the ground level the further you go..

Comment

Why not just code a max speed for the pods?

Comment

do what the conflict2142 mod did (actually it was my idea but ok) make it lose 10hp each second so you got enough time to bail or to move and make it so you can exit it. also they made it so you barely can move the pod

Comment

Working...
                              X