Between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Between a rock and a hard place.

^^ in my case it helps, see people from farther away, also you can see their muzzle flashes etc

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleBarney
      If the person had ultra low graphics settings, he could probably easily see you.
      Yeah there is a "setting" that takes away shadows, and most detail so that you can see snipers and people better...and no it's not a hack there is a legit way to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by curt_nav_as View Post
        Yeah there is a "setting" that takes away shadows, and most detail so that you can see snipers and people better...and no it's not a hack there is a legit way to do this.
        no **** sherlock it's called all low settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksyderydaz
          first off.....i sniped ya at least twice today silverfox, but i have no cheats. 2nd purplebarney how would having the graphics set lower make you see your target better? 3rd fox the lower the ping the better it is for you. When i'm on that server i'm usually between 40-60. Which is good. The higher the ping the more likely you will get sniped rather than snipe.
          Hello Darksyderydaz, I remember you, not sure if it was Dragon Valley Map tho. I compliment you on your marksmanship. I will keep an eye out for you next time.

Forgive my ignorance, but what console are we refering to for inputing the "settingsmanager.floatset GSDefaultLatencyCompensation" command??

Fox

Comment

Originally posted by silverfox318 View Post
            Hello Darksyderydaz, I remember you, not sure if it was Dragon Valley Map tho. I compliment you on your marksmanship. I will keep an eye out for you next time.

Forgive my ignorance, but what console are we refering to for inputing the "settingsmanager.floatset GSDefaultLatencyCompensation" command??

Fox
            press the button to the left of 1

i.e. `

Comment

hmmm....did that in-game. All I got was a white band in the upper part of the screen which seemed to show what voice commands were being issues and other screen information.

Originally posted by [p^]Killundo View Post
              For the ping, I try to stick below 50 and use the settingsmanager.floatset GSDefaultLatencyCompensation command in console to adjust the lag compensation. You type that into the console like this, for let's say 25 ping I would do this "settingsmanager.floatset GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.030000. The difference between 20 ping and 100 ping is huge as it affects the reliability of your shots hitting the enemies' hitboxes.
              Assuming the white band at the top of the screen is the input area, I typed in your setting. Unfortunately it returned an error: Unknown Objector......... . or something like that because the words are difficult to read (Ghosted). Is this the right place to type "settings" and is their any way to visually improve the text in this box.

Fox.

Comment

Speeking of cheets, I got shot by a guy standing inside a wall. The first few time i couldn't figure where he was shooting me from but it was ultra close range with a shot gun. So i kept going back and after being killed about 5 times i finally saw the muzzle of his gun sticking through the brick wall. you could sometimes see his red tag but not him. He must have been able to see through the wall. a couple of times when i saw his muzzle stick through the wall i shot at him but it just hit the wall and then 'boom' he'd blast me.

Comment

Originally posted by dela View Post
                  Speeking of cheets, I got shot by a guy standing inside a wall. The first few time i couldn't figure where he was shooting me from but it was ultra close range with a shot gun. So i kept going back and after being killed about 5 times i finally saw the muzzle of his gun sticking through the brick wall. you could sometimes see his red tag but not him. He must have been able to see through the wall. a couple of times when i saw his muzzle stick through the wall i shot at him but it just hit the wall and then 'boom' he'd blast me.
                  just get a SS of it and report it on the server owner's forums.

Comment

Is this "=BBUK= Silverfox" by any chance?

Comment

No, but =BBUK=Silverfox is quite catchy.

Anyone any idea about my settingsmanager.floatset GSDefaultLatencyCompensation" command issue:

I wrote previously - ""Assuming the white band at the top of the screen is the input area, I typed in your setting. Unfortunately it returned an error: Unknown Objector......... . or something like that because the words are difficult to read (Ghosted). Is this the right place to type "settings" and is their any way to visually improve the text in this box"".

Comment

Working...
                      X