Supressive Fire in Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supressive Fire in Video Games

In vBF2? never seen it done or do it myself. Bullets are like pellets so it`s pretty much useless and like Kayback said, support guns are the lol compared to real life ones.

In RO, ArmA, PR mod, AA I do it all the time and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
      The only way for it to be ever be truly effective, however, is if the penalties for dying were increased - 2 minute respawn for example - but we all know that will never happen.
      That's not a bad idea. That way people would be more careful.

Comment

I think bf2 is more about suppressive nade spamming, as we know bullets in bf2 do about as much damage as throwing rice at a wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Hook&Hammer View Post
          Supressive Fire: Keep firing at em to keep their heads down so ur squad can manuver around and flank or whatever.

How often do you do/see this working in bf2? I don't really think it really applies to video games at the moment. Yes, u can shoot at some guys and then theyll duck if theyve been hit or they gotta reload, but then they'll pop back up again and start shooting of course. Plus, most engagements in Run & Gun situations are mostly: Go Prone, Iron SIghts (depending on how far away u are from the other guy), and SHOOT!

Perhaps if you have your sound settings set very high and you have a surround sound system you will fear bullets a bit more. But I've personally never been able to keep a squad of players pinned down behind a wall to the pont where they're afraid to stand up and shoot at me.
          Doesnt work in BF, but it actually works in PR coz when bullets pass close to your head you will hear a "crack" sound and your vision will get blurred for 0.3 sec or so

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
            Doesnt work in BF, but it actually works in PR coz when bullets pass close to your head you will hear a "crack" sound and your vision will get blurred for 0.3 sec or so
            Bingo, you dont need 2 minute respawns, what you need is physical effects. You need to know that youre dead in 1-2 bullets and you need to hear hose bullets go past you. Once youre feeling the effect, you will start thinking whether or not to go past the alleyway, doorway. I love the sound of bullets passing by in PR.

Comment

Iin bf2, utterly pointless go play RO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                Bingo, you dont need 2 minute respawns, what you need is physical effects. You need to know that youre dead in 1-2 bullets and you need to hear hose bullets go past you. Once youre feeling the effect, you will start thinking whether or not to go past the alleyway, doorway. I love the sound of bullets passing by in PR.
                Yeah. When you have two guys with M249 firing away at your bunker in PR, you might aswell leg to of your mouse and go for a walk, coz you wont be doing anything useful as long as they are firing. Support weapons are very accurate in PR and you die FAST. So when you decide to try to shoot them you will most likely hear yourself shout "AAAaaaRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH" while you fly backwards.

Comment

Yup, and then wait until you'll get blown up up an APC from HEAT rounds or a tank or some heavy AT.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad View Post
                    I think bf2 is more about suppressive nade spamming, as we know bullets in bf2 do about as much damage as throwing rice at a wedding.
                    have you never got that stuff in your eyes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
                      have you never got that stuff in your eyes!!!
                      Yeah, my sister got hit in the eye with a raisin thrown by a two year old back in the day. She was down for about 5 minutes. I think that violates the Geneva or Hague Conventions, actually... :laugh:

Comment

doesnt rice make pigeons explode? something from simpsons

Comment

Play Armed Assault or OFP. That's a game with suppressive fire value, you don't want to die and wait till the end of the game, that can last for hours easily.

Comment

Working...
                          X