Supressive Fire in Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supressive Fire in Video Games

Supressive Fire: Keep firing at em to keep their heads down so ur squad can manuver around and flank or whatever.

How often do you do/see this working in bf2? I don't really think it really applies to video games at the moment. Yes, u can shoot at some guys and then theyll duck if theyve been hit or they gotta reload, but then they'll pop back up again and start shooting of course. Plus, most engagements in Run & Gun situations are mostly: Go Prone, Iron SIghts (depending on how far away u are from the other guy), and SHOOT!

Perhaps if you have your sound settings set very high and you have a surround sound system you will fear bullets a bit more. But I've personally never been able to keep a squad of players pinned down behind a wall to the pont where they're afraid to stand up and shoot at me.

Re: Supressive Fire in Video Games

When my friends and I play together we do it, normally have a sniper and a support sitting back while medics and assault run in

Comment

since you dont have always have a team to flank them its ussally pointless unless your keeping it on a window so that you can move guys around. But unless you have some guy moving around on the ground to flank them its a waste of ammo and unnecesary exposure.

Comment

it works with me. but i usually aim in there general direction and throw a frag. i dont spam em but i have gotten really effective at countering suppresive fire/

Comment

i find that supressing fire isn't really that effective. its rare that i find a squad that holds it's own and sticks together anyway.
          like you mentioned about firing on a window, yeh as its a small area the fire is concentrated on, and if the opposite force has only that window to fire from then yeh it should work. but if he's behind a wall, he has so much space to move about, that it's not likely to keep him down for long.
          plus theres the fact that as its only a game, people will attempt for the kill and not be bothered about dieing, as theres a respawn in 15 seconds.

Comment

if i have a SAW in PR i will occasionally do it. not in vanilla though, it's easier to just kill.

Comment

Originally posted by mwillin0000 View Post
              if i have a SAW in PR i will occasionally do it. not in vanilla though, it's easier to just kill.
              Even with one of the light machine guns in PR, M249 for example, the opposing infatry on the other side of that LMG will still pop up and try to kill the gunner no matter what it takes because players simply don't care for their lives in game.

Comment

i think it works well in PR.

just when someone starts shooting at me, PR has the snapping noises which scares the shi* out of me and i always duck and thats supressing fire.

ive seen it in other games like DOD:S. when the MG42 is ripping apart an area, u dont go out there. usualyl u wait for a sniper to take him out.

Comment

You're forgeting about tanks.

Comment

suppress fire my butt... you can barely stay still for 5 seconds what makes you think you can prone and suppress an enemie for a couple second with out getting shot to the left or right.
                    People proning and firering support weapon = EZ kills
                    not much for suppressing fire more like I'll distract em with lots of noise and take the hit for you guys.

Comment

Works well in day of defeat source since bullets penetrate walls you have to find good cover if that mg42 is tearing your team apart.

Comment

Well it works for me. If I feel like I'm in a "Rambo" mood and I want to get in there, I just hold my left-click and shoot around whilst running to the cover I want to advance to. It does work, but you have to shoot at the right locations which shouldn't be too hard right?

Comment

This is a video game, meaining they won't care if they die, and they'll want to shoot back at you. Therefore suppresive fire is pointless.

And btw Rag, how does it work for you, when you were just complaining in the other thread that you fire million bullets and you can't hit nothing.

Comment

Play Chain of Command or Call of Combat. Both wholly online games that came out years ago, fully implementing suppressive fire and strategic nading, flanking, etc. Great memories.
                            Live streams, discussions, co-operative and competitive games. What are you waiting for?

Featuring news, screenshots, history, and columns for both Chain of Command (2am) and Call of Combat (ES).

Comment

Spressive fire doesn't work in bf 2. The support weapons aren't accurate enough. Sure you can nail a spot but on full auto your fire is spraying so wild they can pop out and headshot you. Even if you can hit them, they can spawn back it a couple seconds. Most of the places it should work, like that alley in Karkand? You catch grenades. The most effective suppressing weapon in bf2 is grenade spam or a linebacker. Use the guns to strafe an area from outside the draw range. kubra dam best for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X