Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have BF2 installed on another drive? patch related...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have BF2 installed on another drive? patch related...

I'm sorry for adding another damn patch thread but I looked and this isnt' in the others. my games are installed on my F: drive and when I try to install my patch it asks me for my launguage, I click next and then it starts to do the wizard but then says "can't find the install folder for Battlefield2". now that wouldn't be a problem on any other game but EA/Dice are smart enough that they don't give you a choice of what drive your game is installed on. real smart. has anyone ran into this problem?

Re: anyone have BF2 installed on another drive? patch related...

Worked fine on my "I:" drive.

Comment

Nick where did you put the file? I moved it to the same folder as my BF2.exe file and it keeps giving me that error

Comment

I just left it in a download folder on my c: drive.
        Search your registry. Usually there is an entry that points to the installation location. I'll take a look after work.

Comment

It worked fine. I have my games on RAID which is several drives away from C.

Nothing in my copy is modified except that the opening videos are edited to speed loading times.

Comment

Worked fine on my D: drive

Comment

are you all putting the patch exe file on the same drive as the game or on your C: drive? maybe that is what I need to do so it can look in the registry?

Comment

You can install the patch from anywhere you like...I installed the patch directly from my 'D:\Downloads\Battlefield 2' directory but that shouldn't have made a difference...

I'd recommend re-installing BF2 and then applying the full v1.4 patch.

Comment

im a D: driver here, no probs with install - sry 2 hear that!

Comment

it figures. thanks everyone. I think I'll switch to another game before I go through the trouble of reinstalling the entire program just to have the same problems I had before, since it hasn't seemed to fix anything.

Comment

The patch should find the executable by itself and install to that.

If you made changes anywhere it will have a hard time finding what it needs.

Comment

As long as the game is in the same folder it was originally installed in and you haven't modified your registry then the patch should find it regardless of where the patch file is or where the game is installed. All the patches have worked fine for me with the game in E:\Games\BF2.

Comment

HAHA right another EA patch failed issue here. Will try a couple methods that worked on other patches and let yall know.

Comment

Originally posted by rha600
                            I'm sorry for adding another damn patch thread but I looked and this isnt' in the others. my games are installed on my F: drive and when I try to install my patch it asks me for my launguage, I click next and then it starts to do the wizard but then says "can't find the install folder for Battlefield2". now that wouldn't be a problem on any other game but EA/Dice are smart enough that they don't give you a choice of what drive your game is installed on. real smart. has anyone ran into this problem?
                            Yes I had tht error too and I have bf2 installed on F: too..

here's how I fixed it..

Reinstall BF2 to F:
                            Patch to 1.4

Play bf2

Comment

there is a thread somewhere for troubles of the 1.3 patch with the same problems it doesnt need an enitre new install, just a bit of registry editing,

Start > Run > HKEY_Local_Machine > Software > EA Games > Battlefield 2 , Create a New String Value called InstallDir , Right Click on it and modify, add your current BF2 install path,, (i think thats right doing it from memory)

Comment

Working...
                              X