Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton Killing a couple of AIX maps

This is an awesome mod!

On just a few of the AIX Maps (e.g. Urban Jungle) BF2 crashes, and Norton 2006 records the following event alert:

Event Details:
    Time: 10/15/2007 1:57:42 PM
    Actor: C:\PROGRAM FILES\EA GAMES\BATTLEFIELD 2\BF2.EXE (PID=624)
    Target: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCAPP.EXE
    Action: Unauthorized access
    Reaction: Unauthorized access stopped

This only happens a few AIX maps, but most work. All the regular BF2, AF, EF maps work fine still. Any ideas?? It's a bummer to crash when the game changes to one of these maps...

Re: Norton Killing a couple of AIX maps

Just configure Norton/Symantec to exclude the BF2 root folder which contains the mod folders

Comment

Norton and gamers don't play well with each other. Windows firewall is all I use. No virus protection, no internet security software.. and I haven't had malware or viruses in years.

Comment

I have to agree with GrössKopf. I just run Avast! anti-virus and windows firewall and my system has been clean for over a year. Sorry to hear about Norton messing things up, but in my experience, Norton has never NOT messed things up for me, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kysterama View Post
          I have to agree with GrössKopf. I just run Avast! anti-virus and windows firewall and my system has been clean for over a year. Sorry to hear about Norton messing things up, but in my experience, Norton has never NOT messed things up for me, lol.
          although I agree that Norton is trash unless its Enterprise..it should be removed and the symantec removal tool run. However, Avast still uses alot of resources than what you think...but yes it is good.

Comment

Originally posted by GrössKopf View Post
            Norton and gamers don't play well with each other. Windows firewall is all I use. No virus protection, no internet security software.. and I haven't had malware or viruses in years.
            After i installed my virus program i got 97 viruses and i had to reboot :yay: ...
            I think im safer without lol

Comment

Working...
            X