Salad Localization Files with 1.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad Localization Files with 1.4?

Are these files going to left alone when I install the new patch. It's sad however but i've spent some time in getting these just right to my preference. Anyone know if there is gonna be an updated version that I need to get or what?

Thanks,

CCC

Re: Salad Localization Files with 1.4?

it wont be from salad. the so called powers here ran him off.

Comment

Of course.......

Comment

yeah, that was some lame shizzle.

He never hurt anybody and I loved using his Localized files.

Comment

so since 1.4, the localization guide is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by low_iq
            so since 1.4, the localization guide is dead?
            well i think salad was the guy that wrote them if i am correct and since tbf2 ran him off then unless someone else does them the yes it is dead

Comment

The guide is still present on these forums, but the author was banned. Why wouldnt the 1.3 localization files work with 1.4?

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                well i think salad was the guy that wrote them if i am correct and since tbf2 ran him off then unless someone else does them the yes it is dead
                I think there is a different guy who is doing a similar job. But, yes, if you install 1.4, your 1.3 localizations will be wrong, so you need an updated version.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01

Did you read through all those threads about that? I feel bad also, and I am not 100% sure about that because it sounds like he did something shady. Now, I have not jumped over to talk to him at FG, so I can't say I have heard the whole story.

It would be great if someone grabbed his information from some other site and ammended it to his massive post. But, unfortunately, it would not be at the beginning. Unless some mod here was willing to change the title and the OP on it.

Comment

I just installed the patch and all my changes are still working.

Comment

That's what I needed to hear Stormy......May the "You OWNED Player1" live on forever. :-D

CCC

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01

Ditto. Shame he's gone.

Comment

I'd bet he's still around at (dare I say it) Fever Gaming. I'd imagine he'll also be releasing a new version for the new patch, but I can't be sure.

Comment

Be careful when using the incremental with customized localization files, it has been known to not update all the files fully.

If you notice missing text, especially for any new patch related content such as the new map, then patch the full client.

I will try and contact Salad and see if he still plans to release a 1.4 version.

I will also have a 1.4 version made available very soon.

Comment

I figure I'll back up my localization files, run the full patch, then use Compare It! to check the differences between the files and copy whatever I want into the new version of the file...

Compare It! rocks btw if you haven't tried it. It makes it much easier for stuff like this or working with Civ4 xml files...

Comment

Working...
                              X