Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Helicopter Gunner Lag

Pred, don't give me that.

I saw run in an oman server the other day, and I started flying for him, but got kicked for saying one swear word...

Then I rejoined, ended up on the other team getting teamkilled all round on the carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
      http://www.tppbf2.com/forums/viewtop...7abc95f0ad3c13

Its just one of the first responses I found via google, theres a buttload of science behind this.
      Some interesting stuff there. I think it's time to backup the original file and try some tweaking for my system and usual servers that I play.

It gives the InterpolationTime setting some 'meat' as to why it may compensate for hit detection between faster/slower systems.

Watch PB think I've got a mod now and reset me! :shakehead:

Comment

You know, the more I looked into the topic, the more farked up and technical it became. There are several threads in several forums around the net, I used google search with keywords "interpolation extrapolation BF2" and still ended up reading a heahtly text from Valves forums. I kind of get the jist of it, but its hard to put on paper. In short, the difference between what you see in your computer in a form of a graphical model, the processing speed of your PC, the server, and the time it takes for information to go around, creates a situation where hitboxes lag behind the visual model. There seem to be settings and such to bring them back into each other, but in BF2 those are in a non-dynamic state optimised for lower end systems. So everyone basically needs to recheck them for their own system. This is still different from lagshooting, which is aiming AHEAD of the target because youre lagging behind in time (if you got a higher ping).

lagcompensation- I think it tries to set the hitboxes close to the target
        extrapolation- the "forcasting" on your end, your computers attempt to think a certain ammount of time ahead and estimate the situation in the world ahead certain ammount of time
        interpolation- filling in the gaps. Since server sends info in packages, in ticks, BF2 uses interpolation to fill in the space between 2 ticks to make the game play smooth, as it would jerk otherwise

Now, as for the settings, theres conflicting info. The simple methods by obviously uneducated people which seem to work for some and not for others, and then theres a sh!tload of theory that uses every bit of "how your computer works" to explain what do you need to know when you change the settings...

Truthfully, its a little too much for me, but Im trying, haha.

Comment

this video was linked in the media section, but I found it overall a pretty good video, check out the last 10-15 seconds of it after the credits......you will get a real good idea of how fugged the hitboxes are

WinCatalog Crack generates an inventory of the files on your flash drives, hard drives as well as external sources.

Comment

Working...
          X