Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter Gunner Lag

Okie Dokie People,

Me being a former soloer (stopped after dL disbanded), I find myself lagging and having more difficult shots when I am the gunner for somebody else.

When I solo, I get much less lag, and the shots are easier for some reason.

Does anybody else get this?

Re: Helicopter Gunner Lag

Hate to say it but yeah. Whenever i solo, i'll hit 90% of TVs.

Jump in the gunner seat for someone and i tend to miss alot of TVs, and often sit there saying "wtf". Wheter it's down to lag or the fact i've perfected where to aim the tv when soloing idk.

But since the latest PB patch my TV hitbox reg goes to **** after 2 rounds. 1st and 2nd round i'll go 30-4 etc, after that it's near 1 KDR. ****s really starting to piss me off ><

Comment

I can't solo to save my own life but I do know that if you change your latency settings to ping +5 it will help.
      Actually I can't gun worth a crap in a chopper with or without a pilot but the the change I mentioned above does help.

Comment

I have the same problem.

When I solo, I seem to always hit my target. When I get stuck gunning I notice I have more shots that seem to 'pass through' my target.

Comment

I think it depends on the gunner and pilot ping... I can pilot in a round and be fine, but if I try to gun, everything sucks. Otherwise, I'll start gunning and it'll be fine, but when I pilot, we're down a lot.

RAM leakage issue? Ping? Who knows, but there is a difference.

Comment

I believe there is some retarded lag compensation or some other broken "feature" of BF2. If you ever notice, TV missiles from high pingers (the ping between you to them, through the server, not just their ping to the server) are launched very far off to the left or right (usually the right) hand side of the heli and they miss 99&#37; of time.

The TV missile viewport in general is completely messed up, which is why it will go through an enemy heli, while you can switch to the pilot seat and see that it actually went X metres to the left or right.

Comment

I dont have problems with ping/lag, but for whatever reason, I do make more shots when Im by myself. Less pressure maybe?

Comment

It is just psychological. When you have a pilot you feel more pressure to actually hit and sometimes this will make people nervous and miss. You also notice your misses more often.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe it's just a psychological thing. When you're gunning you may have some added pressure to do well in order to impress the pilot :P.

Comment

well i know exactly what you guys mean. i think its down to the fact that when you solo the heli spins in one place, whereas when your in gunner seat, the heli is always moving in same direction etc, so by the time you click to fire, due to different pings, your heli is actually in a slightly different place to what you thought when you fired

Comment

No difference here.
                      But I'm sure since saying this it'll happen to me too.

Comment

Ping difference between the gunner and a pilot.

200 ms for both, they can handle
                        100 ms difference between both and lagfest begins

Gunners seat is arguably also the most resourcedemanding part of the game. At least I got considerable improvement with better machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                          Gunners seat is arguably also the most resourcedemanding part of the game. At least I got considerable improvement with better machine.
                          I agree. I think it takes a considerable amount of computer power. I might have to adjust my settings if I know I'll gun.

Comment

I know it is part psychological, but I seriously DO lag more in the gunner seat with a pilot, as in the game is more choppy.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
                              I know it is part psychological, but I seriously DO lag more in the gunner seat with a pilot, as in the game is more choppy.

As I said, it's BF2 being BF2. The game has to keep both you and the pilot in sync, meaning extra lagz0rz for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X