Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need one last veteran badge - help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need one last veteran badge - help please!

I need one last badge to get my one-star rank - Veteran Aviator. Only problem is, I only have 4+ hrs in a jet and I don't like flying.

I got my Veteran Helicopter Badge the cheap way - by sitting in an empty transport chopper for weeks! :cry: I know I can't do the same with jets because ppl like to fly them and I don't want to be selfish and ruin their gameplay. It doesn't matter whether there are only 10 ppl in an air map server or 64... ppl will get on jets!

I was thinking I'll ride along jets (be the bomber) so I can accumulate jet hours but I was wondering if there are other options (aside from tagging along and actually playing to get those 100 hrs)?

Thanks.

EDIT: I won't be sitting in front of my PC while the hours add up! I'm at work 8hrs/day and I have time every 30 mins. to check up whether the round's finished or not or if I need to tag-along etc...

Re: need one last veteran badge - help please!

1. It's only 50 hours.
    2. In the 50 hours that you'll be sat there watching your screen, you can use them 50 hours to get good in jets ... lol

Comment

and the flames begin

wait for it

now

Comment

Not that I condone this... but some people like to take the f35 up to like 800m and hover up there all round. Also, any jet can be landed in the boat dock under the carrier, just takes a little practice.

I really reccomend that you spend some time flying and actually trying to kill stuff. You'd be amazed how fun it can be against a good pilot.

But really, if you don't wanna take the time and give the effort to get the badge, maybe you shouldn't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ins View Post
          2. In the 50 hours that you'll be sat there watching your screen, you can use them 50 hours to get good in jets ... lol

I won't be in front of my PC! I'l check back every 30mins or so. No way I'll sit through all that when I'm not actually playing.

Originally posted by Chael View Post
          Not that I condone this... but some people like to take the f35 up to like 800m and hover up there all round.

Won't it spin uncontrollably and therefore, crash? I'm at work so I can't test this...

Comment

I think he was saying that instead of just idling the 50 hours, you should learn how to get good in jets. Sure the first 10 hours might not be great, but eventually you'll get better and by hour 50 u'll be pro :P.

Comment

I have just got that badge 2 weeks ago and it is only 50 hours, but it also says you need 12 kills in a round, this can't be done by leaving your rig, also this is the same for chopper badge that you said about, so you must mean basic chopper badge as this is only 10 mins in a chopper, all the rest of the badges like this ask for so many kills IAR.

Comment

Noob, just do it the right way. Whats the point of getting the badge if you didn't even earn it? Bragging rights? Who are you going to brag to about that......Plus its only a bunch of pixels on the screen. Who cares about the badge or rank? Rank doesn't even mean anything either. Play for fun.

Comment

At least be a gunner in bomber, real easy, just left click

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMafia
                    Noob, just do it the right way. Whats the point of getting the badge if you didn't even earn it? Bragging rights? Who are you going to brag to about that......Plus its only a bunch of pixels on the screen. Who cares about the badge or rank? Rank doesn't even mean anything either. Play for fun.
                    lmao!

Get out of my thread if you're not going to help. I'm asking for help on how to get a badge, not a life lesson.

Save it for somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveFries
                      lmao!

Get out of my thread if you're not going to help. I'm asking for help on how to get a badge, not a life lesson.

Save it for somebody.
                      Oh snap

Comment

My suggestion would be to get an F35B on an really low pop. server and hide somewhere. A lot of times people give up after being killed by J-10s so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveFries
                          lmao!

Save it for somebody.
                          How old are you...5?

The answer is "NO" would have thought that was obvious!

Trying to cheat, which is effectively what you're asking, should really lend the question...why do you play BF2 as it's obviously not for fun. It also makes a mockery of all the players who have earned their badges legitimately.

Whats wrong with learning a new aspect to the game and spending the required amount of time in a plane? So what if you only play 30 minutes a day, it will take you longer but you never know you might scare yourself and enjoy it.

Comment

The fact that anyone cares, except for maybe Shadow, is funny... no, laughable.

:laugh:

Stats are such a waste of time. Try playing for fun. It actually works!

:edit: and asking questions like this, make me believe you're nowhere near 1 star, and just wanted to try and make your stats seem impressive... or... you care too much about stats... or both.

Comment

Here's what happens to me when I play for stats, I don't usually do very well (2.0KDR). When I've got a couple people to play with and we're just playing for fun, maybe even competing to get the most kills I end up with a much higher KDR like maybe 4.0.

K that was kind of irrelevant. Like I said before and as others have said before and after me, it would be much better if you just flew the jet and played around with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X