BF3: New VOIP feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
    Instead, youd get little 12 year old kids screaming profanities, yelling, being a nuisance.
    Haven't played any Xbox Live? That's all you get, but at least M$ made it easy to mute anyone.

On topic, I think it would be a great idea. But CoD4 kinda has the same thing in ways of a perk. That fails due to the fact that alot of PC gamers use some sort of third part VoIP while gaming.

Comment

That feature does sound like an awesome idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank76NL View Post
        Does that make it more interesting for you, or does it make you reject it?
        Absolutely more interesting.

Comment

Absolutely

I think this idea would have the greatest positive impact on the game. So often there are people around you and you can't talk to them. Just to able able to say "there's a guy over there behind that traincar, do you have any grenades left?" or "I'll stay here on the flag, go get him!"

Proximity chat is a wonderful idea.

Comment

Well, of course, this is an excellent idea in theory. Who could honestly disagree?

The problem is VOIP is rather bandwidth intensive, and what if you had 32 people around you? (Think of a Karkand river battle.) Transmitting that much data would undoubtedly produce significant lag.

Comment

I suggested this feature to Colin back in the old suggestions section that has been removed. It was a rather useful feature when approaching claymores.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild View Post
                I suggested this feature to Colin back in the old suggestions section that has been removed. It was a rather useful feature when approaching claymores.
                That was the main thing that went through my head. My buddy and I used to play from the same room and I would yell over the noise to let him know he was running into a claymore or that a grenade had landed next to us.

You know how if you spot or toss ammo or anything then everyone within a certain range can hear your avatar say it in whatever language your army is? I think it should work something like that. Just talk out loud for proximity VoIP and hit a button to use your comms equipment to talk to your squad. Then again, everyone would hear your random screaming unless you muted your mic.

Comment

Working...
                X