Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steel Rain @ Wake

Originally posted by WhardieJones View Post
    Well i've seen the USMC cap a flag even with a solid carrier rape so your theory goes out the window too.

oh I agree Whardie, a good US team will take a flag regardless of the carrier rape, on those occasions you can bet that within 10-15 minutes the PLA will be getting raped at their last flag

my theory actually may be misunderstood here and I apologize if I didnt make myself clear

Comment

There are no good fights on Wake.

The USMC either gets raped on it's carrier, or they rape the PLA on their last flag.

Wake Island is the only map in the game that is destined to suck, no matter which team is winning.

Comment

Its nowhere near what I experienced one fine day. Gulf of Oman, USMC took all the flags so me and my squad ran towards the air strip. We had ALL armor on that spot, two attack choppers and all the jets. Mind you, it was a 64 player server, full.

One of the guys I knew who was a devil on land and the most "intelligent cybersoldier" I knew said later that when he spawned and saw all that armor around him, he pressed suicide and waited for the round to end.

It was a 550 ticket server...

Comment

Originally posted by CobraBall View Post
          I don't think you're differentiating between "points raping", i.e. raping the last flag purely for points and not going after the flag, and a team getting raped in the process of a defending the flag. The former is BS and shouldn't happen, the latter happens all the time.

And yeah, I don't think there's much difference between raping the carrier when the USMC doesn't have a flag, and "points raping" a trapped PLA when they've only got one flag. The end result is still the same, you're raping them purely to boost your stats which is ghey and isn't sporting.
          Well there is a difference actually, see when you rape an uncap from the beginning of the round, the other team has nowhere else to spawn. Raping the last flag of PLA is purely giving the other team what they deserve after coughing up the other 4 to the USMC. Players in jets and helos are the ones that rape the hell out of the last flag, and as they should, its really up to the ground troops to cap the flag and if the PLA is doing well enough to hold off the ground troops then they just prolong the raped by the chopper and jets. Its not the ground troops that are usually raping the flag, they usually are fighting like hell to get in and cap that flag.

Originally posted by CobraBall View Post
          I think that's more of a fault with the map and BF2. I don't know of any other map besides Wake where two good J10 pilots can effectively win the game for the PLA without any help from their team. Part of that is a result of EA botching the design of the Phalynx; a badass weapon system in real life, but a joke in BF2. It wasn't meant to be like that, hence why most good Wake Island servers outlaw carrier raping.

I love playing Wake, I do, but it isn't the best designed map out there.
          I couldnt agree with that anymore.

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
          There are no good fights on Wake.

The USMC either gets raped on it's carrier, or they rape the PLA on their last flag.

Wake Island is the only map in the game that is destined to suck, no matter which team is winning.

Dairuka, in my 600+ hours of Wake Ive seen many many many rounds won by just 1-2 tickets, that usually happens when the US cant take more than 3 flags as the tickets will bleed more evenly. And that is when you get your awesome fire fights. Get on a server that doesnt allow carrier rape, and with 2 evenly skilled teams you will have one of the best battles you ever played on BF2. Every map has the potential to suck for one side or the other, Ive gotten raped actually less on Wake than any other map.

Comment

USMC always has vehicles PLA loses airfield they have nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by WhardieJones
              USMC always has vehicles PLA loses airfield they have nothing.
              WRONG

PLA loses airfield they dont have aircraft, but they still have vehicles at their other flags.....except beach

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post
                WRONG

PLA loses airfield they dont have aircraft, but they still have vehicles at their other flags.....except beach
                whoop-dee-doo....

Ground vehicles are SOOO useful on wake when the other party has both airfields. NOT.

Comment

Wake would be better if people would coordinate more.

Comment

its sweet on LAN

Comment

Working...
                    X