Local game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local game...

I tried to do this LAN co-op game with my friend so he made the server and i typed in his IP and it said you have failed to connect check your network settings so then he trys to join my game and he cant.....what are we doing wrong?

Re: Local game...

post in tech support.
    I know nothing about lan but i'm sure they will help you there...

Comment

Download this (you and your friend).

Create a network. Use whatever name and poassword you like.

Have your friend join the network with the name and password info.

Start a LAN game. Check to see if your friend can join directly from the LAN tab in BF2. If your server doesn't show up, have him connect via IP.

Should work.

Comment

^^ Hey, don't copy my ideas Garabaldi.

*Note, if it crashes when your friend joins (happens only when one of my does), tell them to connect through IP after being in hamachi, rather than connecting through the list of LAN games. Normally fixes the problem.

Comment

You know, there's a nifty little feature on this forum. It's named, "Search."

Comment

For a local game you need to be on the same network i.e local, hamachi server tool is great.

Comment

when i did this with my friend the first time he got into my server it said connection error and then when i tried to join his it said failed to connect again...

So like i downloaded hamachi and my friend too, we join the same hamachi server and when we load into eachothers LAN games we get in about to spawn and it says "there is a problem with your connection" and we cant do anything

Comment

halp plz?

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
                  halp plz?
                  Firewalls?

[Disable them]

Comment

they are

Comment

I can host a local server without hamachi, I have DSl and i use a modem, I duno whats causing ur problem

Comment

Are you using a router? If so, are the ports forwarded?

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed View Post
                          I tried to do this LAN co-op game with my friend so he made the server and i typed in his IP and it said you have failed to connect check your network settings so then he trys to join my game and he cant.....what are we doing wrong?
                          If you're on a LAN you shouldn't need to type an IP; just create a local server in co-op mode and the client should see it in his "join local" browser. If you don't see it then you likely have a network problem. Can you ping each other's ip addresses? Are you using a wireless network?

Comment

yea, we did all that and it still doesnt work...and yes wireless network, both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by lt_dillweed
                              yea, we did all that and it still doesnt work...and yes wireless network, both of us.
                              You're probably having issues with bad wireless connection then; BF2 is more sensitive than most things about connection quality. Try getting it working with cables first if possible, then you can try to get the wireless working. Try searching the support forum for tips on improving wireless performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X